Sign in to follow this  

Rallycross has become ridiculous difficult, AI is way too fast.

Before the current update I could run the rallycross cars at normal difficulty and win with unupgraded cars. With the new minis I cant win even in easy difficulty. Using autogear the cars are much slower than the AI cars off the start. I thought the difficulty with be easier now with console launch and not harder. I use a 360 gamepad and all assists. As it is now rallycross changed from easy to way too hard and that ruins rallycross.
 The old rallycross cars seems easier vs the AI. Its the new ones that are too hard.

I tried the Mini and S1600 cars last night and agree that it's more difficult racing, but I think it's because they have half the driven wheels and a third or less the power of the Supercars. Basically, AWD and 600 hp can make up for a lot, and the style of driving that worked for them and trounced the AI on Very Hard is not going to work with FWD and 120-220 hp. I can keep up with the AI with a half-upgraded Mini until the second or third corner, then my Supercar-suited driving starts to fail me and they pull away. So I have to learn these new cars and how best to drive them. That's not "ruined", that's a new challenge.

Flash333 said:
I thought the difficulty with be easier now with console launch and not harder. 
This I don't understand at all.

dwkGravey said:
I tried the Mini and S1600 cars last night and agree that it's more difficult racing, but I think it's because they have half the driven wheels and a third or less the power of the Supercars. Basically, AWD and 600 hp can make up for a lot, and the style of driving that worked for them and trounced the AI on Very Hard is not going to work with FWD and 120-220 hp. I can keep up with the AI with a half-upgraded Mini until the second or third corner, then my Supercar-suited driving starts to fail me and they pull away. So I have to learn these new cars and how best to drive them. That's not "ruined", that's a new challenge.

Flash333 said:
I thought the difficulty with be easier now with console launch and not harder. 
This I don't understand at all.
Yes its not well written. What I tried to say was that I thought that I would become easier to win now after the update. But with the mins its really hard.

Practice and an upgraded car helps a lot, I have the same problem, they pull away from me from the start, I can sort of keep up with them until the second lap, but after that they pull away from me to the point where I'm unable to win anything, masters rallycross championship with un-upgraded mini is impossible for me, but it might be possible with the full upgrades, just keep trying.

Yes, you have to drive better than before, but you can beat them, even with a not fully upgraded car. At least that's the case for the Minis, haven't tried the 1600's yet.

I've been playing the rallycross championship (masters) with the 207 S1600 and before any upgrades I would struggle to get anywhere near first place, usually finishin races 2nd or 3rd. Now the car is upgraded I'm over a second a lap quicker. 

YoMrWhite said:
Yes, you have to drive better than before, but you can beat them, even with a not fully upgraded car. At least that's the case for the Minis, haven't tried the 1600's yet.
In my defence, I'm bad at driving FWD rallycars and my rallycross Mini has no upgrades at all, even if I pull off the line perfectly, they pull away from me anyway.

Having better AI for RX has made it a more enjoyable experience for me. I'm glad the difficulty has been increased.

Having better AI for RX has made it a more enjoyable experience for me. I'm glad the difficulty has been increased.
I just think they should have a wide range of difficulty levels so people can find one that matches their skill level. Now only really fast guys have that with the minis.

Has the AI difficulty increased, or are the FWD cars just more challenging to drive competitively?

The Ai cars are WAAAY faster than before, for them to be that fast on easy is just effin stupid, I was beating them @ the highest lvl b4, I haven't played for a while and just booted it up to have a spin in RX....well   $£%$%$%!! me, even on easy the ai pulls away like they're running on rocket fuel, jeez codies the idea of EASY lvl sorta speaks for itself, if you aint got an upgraded car you still wanna race on equal terms ffs.

dwkGravey said:
Has the AI difficulty increased, or are the FWD cars just more challenging to drive competitively?

I guess the minis are more challenging because they are more about keeping up the momentum. But I thought the purpose of the minis was to have them as a beginners car. Now they are more for the experienced. Just did an event at Hell Norway with minis and in the qualifying heats I could get second place if I really drove well. But in the semifinale I came in 4th. And thats using difficulty level easy. I would recommend any beginners to use the proper wrx cars, and not the minis, as they are much easier to be competitive with.

Tried the Mini in a custom championship, no upgrades, set it to very hard. Got wrecked, didn't even qualify for the semi-finals :D After that bumped down the difficulty to normal and it was pretty ok (that was with 1/3 upgrades). A bit of a fight but not that hard to get first. Only ended up 5th, because had a spinout in the last lap of the final. Should try the very hard ones again with full upgrades, to see how much impact that has.

PsyaNyde said:
The Ai cars are WAAAY faster than before, for them to be that fast on easy is just effin stupid, I was beating them @ the highest lvl b4, I haven't played for a while and just booted it up to have a spin in RX....well   $£%$%$%!! me, even on easy the ai pulls away like they're running on rocket fuel, jeez codies the idea of EASY lvl sorta speaks for itself, if you aint got an upgraded car you still wanna race on equal terms ffs.
Even Supercars? I'll have to try that out tonight. Masters rallycross was my easy money maker!

dwkGravey said:
PsyaNyde said:
Even Supercars? I'll have to try that out tonight. Masters rallycross was my easy money maker!
I think its just the new cars that we got with the recent patch. 

dwkGravey said:

I'm a new player, but I would agree with this logic. I've found racing with the Super 1600's much more tricky than the Supercars. As said, the power of the Supercars makes it far easier to regain lost momentum than in the Mini or Super 1600 cars. 

How many hours/races have you got in rallycross?
I have finished 4th at best...and i got like 3 hours in RC...i guess i need 30+ hours to get good and stand a chance.

Conclusion: practice practice.. no one is good at something after a few hours.

According to Racenet I have now done 51 rallycross events, don't know how much race time that translates to! A handful of those were in the Mini, the rest were split roughly 50/50 between Super 1600 and Supercars. 

I have won the World Rallycross Championship and I'm currently doing the Elite tier Championship. That's on PS4 with a controller.

this is on hardest setting in mini 1600 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVqsvFfPHMY

Well done. Interesting to see you mostly use the same spot to overtake as myself, the fast lefthander before going sharp right and uphill to finish.

Well, I'm very glad I've read this thread! Admittedly, I only had a 'quick hour' on DR last night for the first time and man, I was shocked at how difficult it was to keep up with the other Mini's! 

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't disheartened, I know that was never going to be a case of winning the first race right from the off. I think most of us appreciate that the Codies wants us to actually FEEL the car and grow into its potential. 

It will be difficult and in tandem with my natural leaning to tweak without understanding, not spot any difference and wonder why I'm not progressing - it's going to be a slog!! I'm sure there'll be other console users that will offer up setting tweaks that will eventually reap rewards, but I'll keep going until it all kicks in!