DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recovery SUCKS!

So I understand from the searches I did now that the community has complained plenty about this, but as a PS4 newcomer to this game who has played all the CMR, Dirt and RBR games, I have to say: this recovery thing SUCKS. It completely kills the realism for me. ANY OTHER OPTION as used by the other games was better than this rubbish. Seriously, when I get auto-recovered I most of the time can't enjoy the rest of the fake race anymore. Not much hope in this being made optional judging by the fact Codemasters never changed it on PC, but still wanted to leave my opinion. 

pEst410 said:
So I understand from the searches I did now that the community has complained plenty about this, but as a PS4 newcomer to this game who has played all the CMR, Dirt and RBR games, I have to say: this recovery thing SUCKS. It completely kills the realism for me. ANY OTHER OPTION as used by the other games was better than this rubbish. Seriously, when I get auto-recovered I most of the time can't enjoy the rest of the fake race anymore. Not much hope in this being made optional judging by the fact Codemasters never changed it on PC, but still wanted to leave my opinion. 
It's been a problem since Dirt started out lol. Dirt 2 wasn't as bad as Dirt 3 though.

For a game that deems itself a pretty serious simulation this does seem to be a bit of a deal breaker...

To make your complaint more constructive, what type of recovery system would you prefer? 

To start a civilised discussion, I liked the little cut-scene on RBR when the spectators rolled your car back onto the stage. 

Also, start a thread in the 'Suggestion Box' section of the forum to aid the community, instead of  having a pre-teen huff with little chance of an end product :] 

RBR's auto-recovery wasn't any different. It only had an animation on top of it. Is that what you want OP?

I didn't make this more constructive because I saw from my searches that many alternatives had been suggested over and over so no point, just wanted to add the voice of a new PS4 player to the PC choir. But if you ask, personally, my problem is sometimes I'm struggling to get back on the road and getting stuck on rocks and trees but I'm still moving! And the game makes a countdown and throws me back onto the road at the end of it. NO! Let me do it by myself, if it takes 1 minute, it takes 1 minute! And if I get irreparably stuck, then give me the option to recover (an RBR-style animation would help) or just DNF. And maybe make that an option in preferences (no recovery) so it's either me getting back onto the road or a DNF. And whenever it's a situation where the crowd wouldn't be able to help in real life (for example, went down a very steep hill), it's a DNF and that's it!

DNF! All the way! I could of course force myself to retire when I see I'm definitely stuck and time is still counting, but when I think I could get myself out and the game recovers me before I can do it, it would be too punishing for me to do that, because I could get out and DNF would be unfair! So definitely no auto-recovery, at the very last! An option to switch it off is needed.

pEst410 said:
DNF! All the way! I could of course force myself to retire when I see I'm definitely stuck and time is still counting, but when I think I could get myself out and the game recovers me before I can do it, it would be too punishing for me to do that, because I could get out and DNF would be unfair! So definitely no auto-recovery, at the very last! An option to switch it off is needed.
I would really like this as well, an option to turn-off recovery entirely or an option to turn-off auto-recovery (or both).

pEst410 said:
And whenever it's a situation where the crowd wouldn't be able to help in real life (for example, went down a very steep hill), it's a DNF and that's it!
Monte Carlo. 

It's actually not nearly as bad as dirt 3, where 3 feet off and you'd go warping back to the track. There is a few spots where if you go off, almost at all it'll reset instantly and give you a 15 second penalty for something you only needed to back up about 3 feet and be on your way in just a few seconds. I usually just restart when that happens because it pisses me off lol. In most cases it seems to happen if you go off right where fans are standing a few feet from the tracks edge, but I'd rather GTA them than be warped back to the track lol. Just make them move instead, would be far less frustrating.

Aside from that, I've gone pretty considerably off course and not been reset, so it's definitely 100x better than what Dirt 3 was.