Sign in to follow this  

Logitiech Driving Force Shifter (as a handbrake)

April 5th finally came. I was extremely relieved that all problems with the Logitech G29 seem to have been fixed, as it works beautifully. The FFB is truly impressive. What an achievement Codies!!!

What are the chances that a patch will eventually be released that would enable me (and all G29 owners) to set up my shifter to be able to handle handbraking duties? With the 900 degree rotation, the circle button isn't always accessible going into acute turns. Anyway, maybe dreaming but that would be quintessential. Even without this is arguably the best racing sim I've ever played. Definitely the best representation of rally available. Again, congratulations on the successful launch!!

Why can't you now I have done it on Xbox one

How did you do that? I'm not even kidding, you'll make my day...shinola...my week even if you could point me in the right direction...

In the options you can config the controls how you like  so change handbrake to gear 4 for example 
I'm a dummy. I was trying to figure out how to get to the button line in the "Advanced Settings" and didn't realize you just went to the function in the controller options menu, press "x" and then depress whatever button you want to assign. And yes, 4th gear is perfect. For your back pocket, a couple of thick elastics wrapped around the base makes it so all you need do is let the shifter go and it dis-engages. Thanks again for responding. I truly do appreciate it. Happy Rallying!!!

hi,

Can you run 2 Logitech shifters at the same time?

use 1 as a gear shifter and use the other as a stand alone handbrake?

On 4/7/2016 at 7:28 PM, Habsolute said:
In the options you can config the controls how you like  so change handbrake to gear 4 for example 

I'm a dummy. I was trying to figure out how to get to the button line in the "Advanced Settings" and didn't realize you just went to the function in the controller options menu, press "x" and then depress whatever button you want to assign. And yes, 4th gear is perfect. For your back pocket, a couple of thick elastics wrapped around the base makes it so all you need do is let the shifter go and it dis-engages. Thanks again for responding. I truly do appreciate it. Happy Rallying!!!

Here's an easy and cheap solution.
You need only a 44 mm rubber O-ring and two longer bolts then you can use your shifter as sequential - like in case most of rally cars, even 4th (Down) for handbrake.

I using G27, I set the handbrake on wheel key.

Some race driver told me, steering may not always deal with 900'. Wheel degree have not any "standard"
Also, most race car cockpit would allowed personal customize.