Jump to content Jump to content

What the Red Bull Ring MAY feel like in F1 2014

After coming off an awesome grand prix in Austria, I was playing Grid Autosport and I stumbled upon the Racenet challenge for a Formula B car around the Red Bull Ring.  Better believe that I had to play this one!

I know this isn't F1 2014, but I would think that the circuit will be pretty similar, so here is kind of a glimpse for those of you who don't have this game (minus the evening lighting)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvPoW-v6aqw&feature=youtu.be

Things I like about this Grid Handling model for Formula B cars:

1) Downshifting too fast will cause you to lose the car
2) Kerbs and grass can and do spin you out more realistically
3) Can lose the back end on high speed corners with too much wheel input
4) Force feedback feels better - can feel more of the car.

I really cannot wait for more news, kind of annoying how much I'm looking forward to playing and even just hearing news/video about the new game...  
"3) Can lose the back end on high speed corners with too much wheel input"

Hell no please no, don't want this back on F1. This completely destroyed F1 2010 and 2011. You couldn't play with TC off and do high speed corners, your car would simply spin. It can't happen with the cars with the most downforce in the world.
Gui1 said:
"3) Can lose the back end on high speed corners with too much wheel input"

Hell no please no, don't want this back on F1. This completely destroyed F1 2010 and 2011. You couldn't play with TC off and do high speed corners, your car would simply spin. It can't happen with the cars with the most downforce in the world.
I agree that the back end should be firmly planted at highspeed, but at some point if you steer really fast to full lock you should definitely be able to lose the back end.  Plus this year there is less aero.

Tourgott said:
Handling looks absolutely terrible and arcady. More like GoKart than F1.

Well Formula B is more Go Kart than F1!

Agreed, and this is a different game, I was really showcasing the track, but yeah.. I don't want the same physics for Grid as F1, but there are some good things that can be taken from this game!