Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Too hard for me

Recommended Posts

cjl9 said:
Yes, seriously.

I used to rally Escort Twin Cams and BDAs in the late '60s and early '70s.


That's awesome :)

Are you regularly playing sims or did DR lure you into it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just can't even drive in a straight line lol, it's no fun..i'll stick with Dirt 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djm99 said:
Just can't even drive in a straight line lol, it's no fun..i'll stick with Dirt 3.

Really?.. What an attitude..
I really am that bad..i just don't have the skills or time to master the skills required

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djm99 said:
djm99 said:
Just can't even drive in a straight line lol, it's no fun..i'll stick with Dirt 3.

Really?.. What an attitude..
I really am that bad..i just don't have the skills or time to master the skills required
I now have 707 hours, and do you think i was as good when i started as i am now? or do you think porkie was as good when he started as he is now after 1200 hours? It's all about patience. Have you heard about the word "sisu"? It's a word that means sort of perserverance, patience, courage in finnish.. It makes perfect sense, if you have enough perserverance, patience you will be good. Instead of just giving up you think "I can do this, i won't give up unti i have done it" etc and you will be good..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
perhaps i'll stick to doing Autocross for now? I can't get a good start, but often finish with one of the faster laptimes despite coming last on easy everytime as i can't seem to put more than 1 decent lap in..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:
cjl9 said:
Yes, seriously.

I used to rally Escort Twin Cams and BDAs in the late '60s and early '70s.


That's awesome :)

Are you regularly playing sims or did DR lure you into it? 
Started with Mobil 1 Rally Championship back in the dim past. Then Rally Trophy and RBR are the main rally sims I do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djm99 said:
Thanks for the encouragement guys, am finding the courses too narrow and my reactions too slow..think i might be a bit too old.
Give it time and get plenty of practice in the slower car classes before you try and blitz a stage in a World Rally Car! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Btw: Where can I see who many hours I´ve played DR?? I can only find who many kilometers I´ve been driven.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I got this game yesterday for PS4 and after a couple of days still finding it really tough. I'm sure once I click with the control method and throwing the weight of the car around corners in the right way it will be immensely satisfying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cjl9 said:
bogani said:
cjl9 said:
Yes, seriously.

I used to rally Escort Twin Cams and BDAs in the late '60s and early '70s.


That's awesome :)

Are you regularly playing sims or did DR lure you into it? 
Started with Mobil 1 Rally Championship back in the dim past. Then Rally Trophy and RBR are the main rally sims I do.
Yes, those were the days. Nearly falling asleep after 20 minutes on Pundershaw, when doing it at 2am... That was great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pundershaw! Bloody hell! I'd forgotten about that stage.

And the kids now complain about the 7-minute long stages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I still have my copy of Mobil 1 Rally laying around as well as the older Rally game: Network Q RAC Rally Championship  that still runs on Dos / Win '95 :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just upgrade your car first, then worry about winning, I often don't win the first time around in rallycross either with a car I just bought, but I keep racing because I need the car upgraded in order to be faster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
200 hours and I still worry about getting to the end. Maybe after another 200 hours I'll think about winning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i have persevered, and with some upgrades i can now get into semi finals of RallyCross with the Peugeot 207 S1600 and can see light at the end of a very long tunnel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djm99 said:
i have persevered, and with some upgrades i can now get into semi finals of RallyCross with the Peugeot 207 S1600 and can see light at the end of a very long tunnel
Keep at it. Persistence is key. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spokster said:
I still have my copy of Mobil 1 Rally laying around as well as the older Rally game: Network Q RAC Rally Championship  that still runs on Dos / Win '95 :D
awwwww yissssss


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cjl9 said:
Pundershaw! Bloody hell! I'd forgotten about that stage.

I can never forget Pundershaw. 20 minutes of darkness, fog and misery.

;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×