DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should there be a Dirt Rally 2? more locations? Contract-style career?

I am a MASSIVE FAN of Dirt Rally PS4 and Think it is the greatest racing game ever made- do you agree there should be a sequel so codemasters can go simulation like Dirt rally for the future.

Dude dirtrally has been out for 2 weeks for ps4 and xbox and your thinking of a sequel? Why cant/wouldnt they do a massive update like witcher 3 and include these features?

Triple screen optimisation would be a very nice update to come way before thinking about a sequel id rather pay for indv track purchaces as long as it all looks inperspective not stretched nice try with camera movement option but still really outta wack with ratio would love to know if this will happen soon becausen this is still best rally game ive played runs so well just looks cheap with stretched graphics 
cheers

I get very confused by effusive love of games by people... it is a game, if it works decently and plays well that is what it is supposed to do - that's what you are buying for your money.

Dirt Rally is OK.. as in OK.

It has a rapidly growing list of issues on XBox One and is simply not working that great at times.

It has a massive dirth of locations and stages. It lacks in game pictures and video editors, it lacks paint and deal editors

What we have for £40 is half a dozen locations and an Ai system which is very poor - games are meant to appeal to a wide church of people, not a few mouth foamers who think they can replace a long bonnet sports car with their alleged abilities on a video game... or is it a sim or maybe a simcade... LOL simcade...  some people....

This game needs a very serious amount of DLC because it get's old real quick... another 100 cars, another 100 stages would be a start. All for very little money, like £20 at most as the game came with so little

NB* Please do be aware, you, yes you, the one about to make some post about how I am talking rubbish and all the rest of the usual dross... I bought this game with my money, you did not not buy my copy.

So you play how you like, you do what you like, you think (sic) as you like ... but I have no interest in your opinion, as in zero, as in NONE. This message is for the Devs, not you. So please, keep it to yourself or go start up elsewhere... but do it away from me.

So very tired of so many people on these forums.

I love the new serious tone, and the realistic feel. I would also like to see the raids and stadium trucks brought back. I think the next game should allow the player to pick the difficulty though, that would give casual just play for fun when they get the time people (I'm in that crowd) the opportunity to be a little more competitive.

Moved to the correct area                                                

its a massive step in the right direction and its awesome that codemasters have left behind the arcadey win everything first time route but its too early for a sequel.. but i hope one does come eventually.

Drave said:
I get very confused by effusive love of games by people... it is a game, if it works decently and plays well that is what it is supposed to do - that's what you are buying for your money.

It has a rapidly growing list of issues on XBox One and is simply not working that great at times.

It has a massive dirth of locations and stages. It lacks in game pictures and video editors, it lacks paint and deal editors

What we have for £40 is half a dozen locations and an Ai system which is very poor - games are meant to appeal to a wide church of people, not a few mouth foamers who think they can replace a long bonnet sports car with their alleged abilities on a video game... or is it a sim or maybe a simcade... LOL simcade...  some people....

This game needs a very serious amount of DLC because it get's old real quick... another 100 cars, another 100 stages would be a start. All for very little money, like £20 at most as the game came with so little

NB* Please do be aware, you, yes you, the one about to make some post about how I am talking rubbish and all the rest of the usual dross... I bought this game with my money, you did not not buy my copy.

So you play how you like, you do what you like, you think (sic) as you like ... but I have no interest in your opinion, as in zero, as in NONE. This message is for the Devs, not you. So please, keep it to yourself or go start up elsewhere... but do it away from me.

Another 100 cars and 100 stages? What kind of planet are you living on? And on top of that ridiculous request, for £20? Any dev reading that from any company would just laugh.

Genuine question though, what issues are you having on xbox one? I'm playing on xbox too and other than some very slight drops in frame rate here and there due to how crappy the xbox is, I haven't had a single issue? Probably the most polished non xbox exclusive game I have played this gen.

yes DR need locations dlc for rally , i dont care about car , locations is better than car.

I feel like DR2 with a new game engine allowing for longer stages would be the way to go forward. Apparently we're about at the limit for potential length of stages with this engine.

Absolutely agree because any half decent console racing game is always a bonus. It might also give an incentive to Milestone to get their finger out and actually produce a WRC that's worthy of current gen consoles.

DR have only 2 week guys stop with your DR2,
i think DR need some dlc before talking about a DR2.

I'd like to see this game expanded upon through DLC before even considering the next installation.  As "arcadey" as WRC 5 was, at least they had all the real life FIA World Rally locations that are missing from this title such as Mexico and Argentina to name a few.

Agree, Dirt Rally is the way forward.
This is the best game I've ever played to be honest. Even tho there's not much content, but what we got is absolutely EPIC!

Which is a good thing imo. - CM care about making the best rally experience possible. That's totally clear.
The sounds is incredible! My TX wheel is at work almost every day with this game.

DiRT Rally 2 would be even more amazing! Take my money! :)

Drave said:

Mate its clear from your tone your a complete imbecile with NFI, yes the games a little short on stages but 100 cars?
This isnt gran tourismo, why would you need 100 cars? its quality over quantity and DR has plenty enough cars.
Yes there will be a DR2 in good time, DR will go onto be codies most successful and highly praised racer ever, its just taken them out of the red financially, its an outstanding game, great sound, great physics and handling, ive played every rally going, do you know how hard it is to get it right like codies has with this, quit your whinging and enjoy the game, 
Be bloody thankful you have a great rally to play.

Charlie16 said:
I am a MASSIVE FAN of Dirt Rally PS4 and Think it is the greatest racing game ever made- do you agree there should be a sequel so codemasters can go simulation like Dirt rally for the future.
I can tell you Codemasters is already working on Dirt2, has been for a long time, it will be a direct successor to DR, theres no way in hell they are going to let this game disappear into the ethos, this is the start of a dirt rally frachise that has nothing to do with the first dirt games.
The next dirt will be exactly the same style as dirt rally, just as serious, just as hard, just as rewarding.

V8SC said:
Charlie16 said:
I can tell you Codemasters is already working on Dirt2, has been for a long time, it will be a direct successor to DR, theres no way in hell they are going to let this game disappear into the ethos, this is the start of a dirt rally frachise that has nothing to do with the first dirt games.
The next dirt will be exactly the same style as dirt rally, just as serious, just as hard, just as rewarding.
EDIT first line to Dirt Rally 2 instead of Dirt2,
cheers

Drave said:

Thanks for the laugh. While I'd like to see DLC down the line and agree with the fact that the game's a little short on locations, if you honestly believe what you just wrote above - you're out of your mind. I hope it was a joke post though.

As for a sequel, I'd love to see another one. Obviously, more location and cars as well a more 'cohersive' career mode. With that said, I'd like to think it's way too early to think about a sequel just yet. In my opinion, give the casual ''it's too hard'' audience DiRT4 first and foremost, then go on and make DR2.

Not for a long time. We need to stop with the yearly or bi-yearly releases in games and focus more on selling expandable platforms. Taking the approach of "Dying Light" would give this game a three year minimum lifespan.

V8SC said:
Charlie16 said:
Source?

V8SC said:
Charlie16 said:
Source?
Hi mate, i cant give you my source sorry, so you can take my story with a grain of salt, but bookmark my post, youll find it to be 100% correct down the track.

The dilemma for Codemasters at this point in time is do they release DLC for Dirt rally or do they keep it for Dirt rally 2, ive no doubt they have stuff right now they could use but do they want to add to an already stellar game, or do they want to keep their powder dry and really blow everybody away with the next one with as much quality content as they can.

We might see a very small amount of DLC for dirt rally to keep hype train going but the bulk will be kept for the next one id think and i'd expect dirt rally 2 a lot sooner than people might think.

cheers