Sign in to follow this  

Xbox 1 controller vibration too low

i'm loving dirt rally so far(xbox1) but the vibration on a pad is too low even when set to 150% it is still alot lower than project CARS and even bc dirt 3 which is abit annoying.

On many times vibrations are ok, but there are few problem-points: on tarmac there should be more feedback from surface, now it's too lifeless, and main problem is lack of braking vibration, almost every console driving game use that and that would be really needed to Dirt Rally too. Tyre slip-vibration doesn't do the same thing.

I strongly recommend that those things has to be included in future patches.

I have to agree, feedback/vibration is a bit low key, otherwise a superb game

I would also agree; I posted the following on Reddit a few days ago detailing the issue:

Hi there.

I picked up DiRT Rally on Xbox recently and it's a lot of fun, good challenge.

One thing I'm struggling with however is the level of feedback I get from my controller. For reference I'm using a standard Xbox One 3.5mm controller with all assists disabled; all vibration sliders set to 150%.

Compared to Forza Motorsport 6, I am not getting much feedback until my tyres break traction, whereas in that game I can feel the tyres start to give way quite early. In DiRT Rally however it sometimes feels like I don't know the rear of a car [is sliding] until I see it on-screen, by which time it is usually too late to "catch" the slide.

On asphalt surfaces in particular it often feels like the rear of my car isn't connected to the road at all, which in turn means that I can't push on a stage as hard as I would like. [This makes RWD cars significantly harder to drive fast.]

Other than that I'm enjoying the game very much, and am happy to see it maintain a 60fps frame rate on Xbox.

Hopefully the above feedback is useful, thanks again for bringing the game to consoles.

Well, I updated my wireless controller from the X Box settings menu and it is a subtle but definite improvement.

Recommend you give this a try.