Sign in to follow this  

Local Sound Vs Ambient Sound

@Loore.

Ive mentioned this elsewhere but had  no acknowledgement that ive seen, so im giving its own thread!

The problem:
Im driving my car along, mid pack close to a few other cars.
Im driving manual so need to hear my engine revs so that i can change up or down at the opportune moment.
However, i cant discern my own engine revs from the oppo!

The on track result:
Too often i end up revving the living daylights out of the thing, or bogged down at 2/3000 rpm and going nowhere.

My audio setup:
Nothing fancy at all, I play on headphones exclusively.
Ive tried messing with the in-game audio settings, dynamic ranges [or whatever they are] but none seem to help

What id like to know:

Is this an issue you are aware of, do you think its a problem?
If its not on your agenda to patch/fix then ill get a tad more drastic with my own remedy such as trying different headset bla bla bla.

Thanks in advance!

I use high quality Audio-Technica headphones hooked up via an EarForce DSS with Dolby5.1 surround sound and I also experience similar problem in being unable to detect my own car revving sounds.

This is common in all Codies Race game and stems from not having a professional sound interface whereby sound can be adjusted with a slider.  Probably no easy fix either.

Cant say i experienced the same in grid2 and definately not grid1.
Nor did i have the same thing in f12013.

maybe it is somewhat hardware dependent as my rig has changed since grid2.

It's not something I've seen before on Autosport, can you drop our support team an email (custserv@codemasters.com) and I'll also talk to some of the team here to see if they've got any solutions.