Sign in to follow this  

2014 British Grand Prix

mike96 said:
Anyone would have made that mistake track walk or not, your not looking down at the track only looking at the track and cars ahead of you.
The thing that Kimi hit was something to do with drainage and I believe things like that always get noted in a track walk.
Yep and you forget about these things when your trying to rejoin the track :)
well Kimi clearly did anyway

David Addison was commentating on the Grand Prix for the circuit feed, wouldn't mind him as a TV commentator for F1!

fIsince08 said:
David Addison was commentating on the Grand Prix for the circuit feed, wouldn't mind him as a TV commentator for F1!
He's really good. When Ben Edwards left for F1 and Addison took over the BTCC I was pleasantly surprised by how well he took over! 

I still think that Edwards is one of the best commentators around, but Addison is right up there too.

fIsince08 said:
He's really good. When Ben Edwards left for F1 and Addison took over the BTCC I was pleasantly surprised by how well he took over! 

I still think that Edwards is one of the best commentators around, but Addison is right up there too.
Didn't Toby-I can't commentate-Moody take over BTCC in 2012 for a single year?

Addison is a true motorsport enthusiast - commentates on F1, FIA GT, Blancpain and of course BTCC really well!

fIsince08 said:
fIsince08 said:

Didn't Toby-I can't commentate-Moody take over BTCC in 2012 for a single year?

Addison is a true motorsport enthusiast - commentates on F1, FIA GT, Blancpain and of course BTCC really well!
He did, yeah. I don't like his commentary. Addison is awesome, really enthusiastic, entertaining, etc

I'm not really sure about Moody, can't say I caught a lot of BTCC in 2012. I was a fair bit more focused on Alonso vs Vettel and Lorenzo vs Pedrosa that year :p

Full onboard of the race. I've linked it to start at the Vettel-Alonso fight (53:47 if it doesn't work properly).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7pF5DAUW1g&feature=youtu.be&t=53m47s

One thing I noted is that for all the complaining Vettel did about Alonso, Fernando only goes off the track twice (1:01:41 and 1:05:15). He gets very close to running off on numerous other occasions, but watch the video in 1080p and fullscreen and you'll see that he literally has the very outside of the tyres on the white line on those instances. On the other hand, Vettel quite clearly exceeds track limits on 8-9 occasions- watch the full battle if you don't believe me.

The track still looks horrible :(
The track wasnt actually designed for racing if you look its just the service road for the old world war airstrip, no one designed it

Even the tyre was faster than Chilton.

Ok, I just had to say it.
yugin96 said:
Full onboard of the race. I've linked it to start at the Vettel-Alonso fight (53:47 if it doesn't work properly).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7pF5DAUW1g&feature=youtu.be&t=53m47s

Aaaaand it's gone.

Alonso vs Vettel in another era...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=746859182039036