Jump to content Jump to content

2014 British Grand Prix

I have to say, both sounded so funny when they complained. The difference was: Alonso sounded like a highly emotional grown up, Vettel once again like a highly emotional kid.

But massive respect for both of them, that battle was simply amazing to watch. 2nd best thing in the race after Rosberg retiring for me.
Yeah highlight of the race for me
VetteIfan said:
yugin96 said:

Speed ​​= 293km / h Gear = 7th Risk = High Adrenaline = Max Possibility that I will repeat = unlikely

At least he isn't bragging about it. Only arrogant drivers like Vettel do stuff like that. 
That's annoying, but at least he acknowledges that it was a gusty and risky maneuver, unlike Alonso who can't take a bit of on-track aggression from others.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114867

Seems Massa is whining about things again, but maybe he should check his facts. I seem to remember both the Mercs being in their grid boxes and a gap behind around Perez/Ricciardo where they hadn't kept up with the front 6 cars.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Also, looking at the crash again, it wasn't a full tyre that nearly hit Chilton. It was just the rubber tyre itself, no metal. Both rims were still attached to Raikkonens car when he stopped.

I'm not saying it wouldn't have done any damage to Max, I'm sure any object hitting the helmet at those speeds could still be fatal. But it not containing the wheel rim would hopefully have given him a chance had it actually been a few more inches to the right.
Chilton:  “I was pretty lucky to be honest after the first-lap incident. I just saw one of the Ferraris escape over the exit kerb. And then it rejoined, and it seemed to bottom out as it rejoined. He had a massive tank-slapper and it looked like he regained control and then it shot off again.

“I could see it was going to be a big one because the Armco on the right-hand side was at 45 degrees and there was no tyre [wall]. I was waiting for something to happen and it was like an explosion, everything shot diagonally left across the track.

“I could see a big bit of silver coming and I’m pretty sure it was the alloy [wheel] because I shut my eyes at that point and there was a big impact. Thank god it hit the front nose and went to the left-hand side of the car, hit my front-left and destroyed the brake duct.”

Chilton drove his damaged car back to the pits, but collected a drive-through penalty for coming in while the race was suspended.

“I thought my race was over,” he said. “They managed to rebuild the front-left during the long red-flag stoppage.”

mike96 said:
Well, maybe Massa thought that the cars in front were so slow because Rosberg was slowing them down while in reality it was the Force India? Who knows.
Probably, I was just saying that he needs to check his facts before he blames somebody else again :p

Next he'll be saying the Mercedes drivers will have a reputation like Grosjean's in 2012 ;)
mike96 said:
Chilton:  “I was pretty lucky to be honest after the first-lap incident. I just saw one of the Ferraris escape over the exit kerb. And then it rejoined, and it seemed to bottom out as it rejoined. He had a massive tank-slapper and it looked like he regained control and then it shot off again.

“I could see it was going to be a big one because the Armco on the right-hand side was at 45 degrees and there was no tyre [wall]. I was waiting for something to happen and it was like an explosion, everything shot diagonally left across the track.

“I could see a big bit of silver coming and I’m pretty sure it was the alloy [wheel] because I shut my eyes at that point and there was a big impact. Thank god it hit the front nose and went to the left-hand side of the car, hit my front-left and destroyed the brake duct.”

Chilton drove his damaged car back to the pits, but collected a drive-through penalty for coming in while the race was suspended.

“I thought my race was over,” he said. “They managed to rebuild the front-left during the long red-flag stoppage.”

He actually described what the fence looked like and at what angle the fence was before the crash lol, Is this why he is always slow at every race because he likes to take in the scenery  :))
"Approaching the last corner now, ladies and gentlemen, and as we slow down you can see how the barriers on the right are just high enough to protect the fans from debris... now we're on the apex of the turn, and if we can just slow down a little more, you'll notice that the kerb is actually quite high, and you don't want to be clobbering that too hard, or with any significant speed at all, really. Now out of the last corner, and let's not accelerate too fast so that you can see how the outside of the track transitions from tarmac to grass and you don't want to be putting two wheels on that. 

And we go across the line, and conclude our flying lap at this circuit. Join me tomorrow for a look at how your driving here is affected by the air turbulence of 21 cars in front."
mike96 said:
So apparently Kimi didn't attend the Thursday track walk, I guess that's why he didn't lift before he rejoined the track.
Will Buxton said Kimi should be given a race ban because of it.

However, wasn't it Hamilton who said he doesn't learn that much from them and he only does them because he has to?
Anyone would have made that mistake track walk or not, your not looking down at the track only looking at the track and cars ahead of you.
The thing that Kimi hit was something to do with drainage and I believe things like that always get noted in a track walk.
mike96 said:
Anyone would have made that mistake track walk or not, your not looking down at the track only looking at the track and cars ahead of you.
The thing that Kimi hit was something to do with drainage and I believe things like that always get noted in a track walk.
Yep and you forget about these things when your trying to rejoin the track :)
yugin96 said:
To add on, the gulley on along a straight. If it were at a corner, that would be something of note, but who pays attention to what's on the side of every straight on the circuit?
Well there's always the chance it will happen as we saw on Sunday, and it''s after a corner where it's easy to get boxed out on the 1st lap as we've seen a few times