Sign in to follow this  

Xbox corrupted save file

Just starting the game this morning. And I get this dreaded message: 

GRID AUTOSPORT
The save data is corrupt.
(prompt for) OK 

I had 199 online races & about 200k in the bank & I think I had 9 or 10 cars of varying levels.
What happened? What should I do? Am I screwed? 
As the Magic 8 Ball says all signs point to YES!!
Did I do something wrong? 

Had a friend with that on PC yesterday.  Very annoying bug!

I just back up my game as often as I can remember. 

Config folders on PC are here...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\532926\255220\remote

I just right click the whole remote folder and add to zip file. 

Sorry if this doesn't help you now, but it may help others (PC) in future

Codemasters my game is corrupt also. Thanks. Any further comment from me on this matter will get me banned. Fix it. Sack the weak links.

The team are currently dissecting save files to look for the cause of the problem. In the past we've been able to resuscitate corrupt files and while we don't know whether this will be possible this time around I'd advise not overwriting your save, just in case.

Flukey I just sent an email to custserv@codemasters.com I have not heard back from them as of yet. But I think it will be Official Confirmation of Screwage. 

Loore said:
The team are currently dissecting save files to look for the cause of the problem. In the past we've been able to resuscitate corrupt files and while we don't know whether this will be possible this time around I'd advise not overwriting your save, just in case.
I have not overwritten anything yet. I will wait for you all to help me out. Thanks for the reply Loore.
Please resuscitate me. I don't care if it is the weird dude down the hall. (Every place has one).

A time frame on long to wait to hear from customer service? It stinks because I have time to play today. 

@FOSTBITTEN LOL.   It sucks! Lost a car and a whole day.  

Fortunately for me I have a backup,  I learned the hard way from Grid 2.  

The only thing is, when this happened in grid2,  load a backup, only to find it will just corupt at the same point.  

I would imagine anyone nearing 210 ish races, is in for a nasty CM shock. 

@Loore  the cause of this issue is the person who writes the code for the save games.   

Forget the waiting I am just gonna start over. I have not heard anything from Cust. Service so I will just go through the dreaded start over. At least I know what cars to buy, & not to buy.

Just got the official message. Just for the record I do not blame CM completely because upon further reading it can happen to almost any 360 game. From what I have read. I know I used to have BF3 corrupt save files before one of their updates quite often & somehow it would come back to me after restarting or something like that. But I see it has happened to quite a few different company's games. So I just start back to broke & work back up.

whats going on with the data corrupt problem. I lost a lot of stuff  payed downloads and everything I imagine are gone also! I want my money back!

On the sticky thread regarding console patches it says the save game issue has been fixed. Now we're hearing that the problem is being dissected and a fix may not be possible? Hopefully I've misread that.

Yea, I picked up on that contradiction as well... I haven't had a problem "yet!" but it does worry me that even CM seems confused on this game breaking problem...

Me neither and I'm so damn frustrated with various other aspects that I'm probably never likely to now.

now had this game save corrupt problem for a second time!!1st time i lost 13 cars and over 500k in the bank,most of the cars had some form of tuning done on them including one car over level 50..........decided to restart as was bored of waiting on fix and now it has happened again!!this time losing 2 cars and over 200k in the bank......what do i do now??try again.....hmmm.......no.......ask codemasters for our money back in full as the game shouldnt be on sale as it doesnt work properly??any other manufacturer would have to do a recall if they had such a big failure in a product but not codemasters they keep selling a game that randomly decides to corrupt save games.

please can someone give us a good reason/actions being taken and time frame for these issues to be fixed

one very disgruntled customer

@Loore

I think it has something to do with purchasing an Xtra Garage Space for $100k. That seems to be the thing that everyone on Xbox has in common. I had one 3 weeks ago, then fine up until I bought that $100k garage space again. There has to be some kind of trigger and I think that is it! Its not immediate but the next time you turn on the game that is when the frustration sets in. 

There's a billion different triggers,  but only a few ways to avoid them. The most important thing to do is keep an eye on your car resale prices. This seems to be the biggest issue. Any cars getting over 4 times their purchase value need to be sold. Whatever your issue is, do this, then save and back up. 

This corruption occurred right after purchasing the drag racing pack.  
Then when I launched the game, there was an update for the game
selecting my save reported as corrupt
Deleting the drag racing dlc pack from the Xbox and then starting the game has solved the corruption issue.

thank god i've still been backing up every day or two. will have to do it a little more often again. was at lvl 120 the first time and at 210 now. not gonna happen again. As TUSMBOX says above its usually the car prices that cause it, so if unsure at all sell the cars and replace them. then turn off game and make sure it loads up again without corruption. after that turn off again and back up file. then there u have a safe game save. I'm PS3 btw but it seems to be happening on both again so im not gonna take any chances

Is anyone getting problems with disconnects also? It's the only online game I'm experiencing this.
Seams every playlist I'm in there are at least two or three disconnects per race. This time it was me again. Really annoying as I was leading at the time. So many bloody frustrations with this game.

This corruption occurred right after purchasing the drag racing pack.  
Then when I launched the game, there was an update for the game
selecting my save reported as corrupt
Deleting the drag racing dlc pack from the Xbox and then starting the game has solved the corruption issue.
If your save game is still working save it to the cloud. And if you have a usb memory stick save your game there.

What I used to do & will start doing again is when I start playing I make sure my save game worked. Then I would press the silver button and scroll all the way over until the last page. And go the part where you find storage. I would click on the USB stick & copy it to the cloud. Then go back and copy the hdd to usb stick. That way I would have 3 completely different saves to try and work from.

For example. 1st save on HDD has 100 races on it
                         2nd save on USB has 95 races on it.
                         3rd save in the cloud has 90 races on it.
I save the 95 races to the cloud. Then save the 100 races to the USB flash drive. Then I start playing from the HDD. I did this every couple days if I played everyday. It helped keep me from getting corrupted for the 3rd time, at least I think it was only 2 corruptions. If you don't have a USB stick you can pick one up fairly cheap it only has to be a couple of gb's at the most. I think my stick is a 4 gig & I got it for like $7. Hope this helps.

Really really shouldn't have to........
Ive not seen such mass data loss hysteria since the days of Syquest drives..........