Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What to do in dirt rally..

I have now played 706 hours of dr (i know that's nothing compared to porkies 1200 hours) and i have a bit of a problem.. The game is getting old and boring, there's not much to do in the game other than the online events.. Since there are only 2 stages per location it gets quite bland and repetitive and unless they start to update the game more frequently this will start to look more like a track, racing game (because all you will do in the end is hotlap, and run the stages to get a wr) than a rally game.. Can somebody tell me what to do because i want to like this game and i dont want to go back to rsrbr so i want to play this but its getting boring..

If you feel that the game is starting to bore you, I'm afraid there's nothing much to be done. You could try taking a small break, but it sounds to me like you've simply "grown out of it". I personally take great pleasure in improving my stage times and participating in online events, even the odd Vajb league here and there, so it doesn't get boring for me. I also find watching the replays a nice experience, looking at all the attention to detail that Codemasters have put into the stages; the way dust and mud builds up on the car as the stage progresses, the sounds... but yeah. That's me. We're all different.

Hope you find something that lets you hold onto it.

Well, even if they had two more unique stages per country the feeling of repetetiveness would be there sooner or later anyways.
For me, at this point, just like to pop in now and then for the sheer driving experience. Watch the replay, record some footage.

In a perfect world the game would evolve with more stages, more countries and more cars in a steady stream, but that would mean something like a subscription and not that many would want that.

They could do free dlc but the word free is dead in a company
As people who've been playing the PC game,which the first three posters are, we just got a huge chunk of free DLC that included a new stage (Pikes Peak 100% Gravel), 7 new cars, a number of new liveries and two new classess in Rally Cross.

None of which was part of the PC v1 release and which they COULD have tried charging for, saying as the PC version is priced significantly cheaper than the console version and those of us that signed on at the start of Early Access paid a heck of a lot less than even that.

But that's not going to offset the fact we've been playing this game for a whole year already, clocking hundreds of hours.
There will almost always come a point when it's time to play something else.

I bought it for ps4 so i could be wrong but i thought you pc players bought a game in production and they were adding things in as time went on i dont see that as dlc?

I bought it for ps4 so i could be wrong but i thought you pc players bought a game in production and they were adding things in as time went on i dont see that as dlc?
Yes, that was Early Access. The price also increased gradually with each new major update, so depending on when you joined Early Access, you got a better deal.
But that ended with v1 released in December and with it, the games official roadmap.
There was no obligation to release the additional content made for the console version for free as v1.1 in April.

In this day and age we need dlc to keep a game fresh. Some games even have map editors to extent the longlivity. I sincerly hope we get more for DR, once every third month or so...a car pack (learn to master new beasts), new stages, new liveries...just to keep it fresh.

If you feel that the game is starting to bore you, I'm afraid there's nothing much to be done. You could try taking a small break, but it sounds to me like you've simply "grown out of it". I personally take great pleasure in improving my stage times and participating in online events, even the odd Vajb league here and there, so it doesn't get boring for me. I also find watching the replays a nice experience, looking at all the attention to detail that Codemasters have put into the stages; the way dust and mud builds up on the car as the stage progresses, the sounds... but yeah. That's me. We're all different.

Hope you find something that lets you hold onto it.
Jorå, än är de roligt, :).. Yea, i still do the multiplayer events and such but i just wish there were more variety in the countries and stages..

I have now played 706 hours of dr (i know that's nothing compared to porkies 1200 hours) and i have a bit of a problem.. The game is getting old and boring, there's not much to do in the game other than the online events.. Since there are only 2 stages per location it gets quite bland and repetitive and unless they start to update the game more frequently this will start to look more like a track, racing game (because all you will do in the end is hotlap, and run the stages to get a wr) than a rally game.. Can somebody tell me what to do because i want to like this game and i dont want to go back to rsrbr so i want to play this but its getting boring..
Find a good league.  Having a tight race with a real person is awesome!

i have played a good number of hrs and i find trying to master all cars and get top tens in all on all tracks and improve is plenty enough challenge.

i can see many of hundreds of hrs yet just doing that.

Ive put in like 6 hours atleast a day since it came out on ps4 i still cant even drive a clean stage or firstplace in one you need like 300 hours just to be good, I have won a rally race though,  i dont have that rush like day 2 where i wanna drive all day im already hitting a bog game needs to be more engaging something to keep you going besides the same thing in career- rally tournaments and head to head on a rallycross/rally stage like previous versions

It may feel repetitive and boring while rallying without any reason.
If you do, then join some league or at least try online events, let's say weekly or monthly ones. Then try to go clean and fast, ending up on let say top 100.
Personally I don't like 'hotlapping' in rally game because it's not challenging being rather trial & error arcade attempts. However trying your self to be as fast as possible and made no mistake during all stages it's true challange

Ive put in like 6 hours atleast a day since it came out on ps4 i still cant even drive a clean stage or firstplace in one you need like 300 hours just to be good, I have won a rally race though,  i dont have that rush like day 2 where i wanna drive all day im already hitting a bog game needs to be more engaging something to keep you going besides the same thing in career- rally tournaments and head to head on a rallycross/rally stage like previous versions
Lol, you don't need 300 hours "just to be good" I bet I have less then 1/3 of that and I've gotten the hang of it for the most part. 

Getting the hang of it and being truly good are not the samething
150hs are needed to master it, not being the best player of the game but beating sometimes the VIP drivers is possible and many times it happen, and I even challenges 5 dailys and have WR and many. Top 25 and Top 50 in Pc

150 hours is still alot of time for a racing game. If you work 40 hour weeks and needed to play 150 hours it would drag out for a long time to get good. Plus not everyone has the same skill level whats hard for others could be easy vice versa. Ali and flyod make boxing look easy in reality it takes years to be a master

150 hours is still alot of time for a racing game. If you work 40 hour weeks and needed to play 150 hours it would drag out for a long time to get good. Plus not everyone has the same skill level whats hard for others could be easy vice versa. Ali and flyod make boxing look easy in reality it takes years to be a master
I don't find 150 hours that much after having played 717 hours..

I would recommend joining a league that runs an organized multi-event championship. It will give you a new goal, something to prepare and strive for. I think just like in circuit racing games, hot lapping gets old fast and the sim racers that stick with the hobby tend to organize into like-minded groups and do organized racing amongst themselves.

I would recommed @steviejb 's SRC championship, (which looked great but I never ended up running due to being really busy the last few months) http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/39623/src-virtual-rally-championship. RaceDepartment has ongoing events altho I am not sure they are running a championship. And (shameless plug) I am in the planning phases of a new club championship season for Champion Motorsports (CMS) http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/6084/cms-racing-cms

According to steam I have 'just' 209 h in Dirt Rally. And I'm capable of driving top 100 times in the world leaderboards quite regularly.  
It depends on the person I think, I for myself have already got a lot of experience in other driving games (and if the physics are remotely plausible, every racing game/sim makes you better in every other racing game/sim)

How long you will take to reach 'good' times depends on how good you are at driving cars in general and how fast you can adapt a certain driving style, I needed like ca. 100-150 hours before I considered myself competitive against real people