Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

absolutely peaking

just picked up a Driving Force GT for $22 NZD (about $15US): http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1066596547
controller be gone!

mental - i've bought this wheel twice in the past before for $150 / $200 NZD :/ couldn't believe it
guess i should make sure it works properly before I get too ahead of myself...!

my first one i got off ebay was lucky with price £34 :D had that 4 years broke after a world record run on this game :p

so i ordered a brand new one straight after. as i wanted the 3 years warranty. one thing i noted was the feedback was better on the new one. a great wheel and very capable on a budget.

Noice!
I was lucky enough to get a G920, when it was on a post-Christmas flash sale, for £160 (or £180... can't rightly remember), which was a steal considering it went back up to £299 a day or so later! 

I love a bargain. 

dgeesi0 said:
 :D had that 4 years broke after a world record run on this game :p

Just curious did you receive anything from codemasters or any award or prize for breaking a in game world record?

no you don't get anything . its just a in-game thing. if that were the case porkhammer would be mega rich :D

two sessions with the wheel so far - holy heck.
took about two hours to really start adjusting from spending 260 hours with a controller, then started nailing perfect hairpins... so satisfying.
https://youtu.be/nP5rUUEKFrg

edgenz said:
two sessions with the wheel so far - holy heck.
took about two hours to really start adjusting from spending 260 hours with a controller, then started nailing perfect hairpins... so satisfying.
I was in a similar position through early access and just after the game's official release.

Before I got my G920 after Christmas I had been using a pad out of necessity, because my old wheel was garbage, and had a very limited rotation. 
Took me a while to adjust to the hairpins, but it's so satisfying when it all comes together. 

When the rest of the house goes to sleep, I go back to my pad for the silence factor, and I find it really challenging now. 

On the subject of wheels, any of you guys using a Logitech G29 wheel? how is to for Dirt Rally? I'm on PS4

I'm thinking of raiding the piggybank  :p

I'd like to thank my wife for never getting upset when I come to bed at 2am every other night, that wonderful couple for selling their DFGT for $22, and of course my good friend C. Alonso for choking on the final two events.