Sign in to follow this  

What Team Did You Start With in F1 2013?

Going to go Toro Rosso this time, maybe Sauber next!

I was with Caterham, on the final race of the season with a good battle with sauber!

But i'll probably move to Force India if the option arises 

Toro Rosso on my last career which I've finished now I decided to retire a season early as I wasn't getting anywhere e so am back on 2012 racing the Marussia got 4th place in my last race in Bahrain but so far those 12 points are the only ones I've scored

Torro Rosso. highest finish was 6th a canda, finished 9th in drivers chamiponship with around 50 points i think and got a 1st team contract at sauber at the last race.

How did you guys conserve your tyres while playing as Caterham? I played as the Marussia once, and they don't nearly eat their tyres as the Caterham does.

Williams. Struggling to make the top 10. I need to learn how to conserve tires if I want to compete for more points.

Ryne said:
How did you guys conserve your tyres while playing as Caterham? I played as the Marussia once, and they don't nearly eat their tyres as the Caterham does.

The key with Caterham is fuel management, I sggest running aggresive fuel strategy and then use lean for most the race, this has allowed me to fight for p14 every race on ledgend and I even got a points finish in Monaco!

Use mix 3 for straights

good luck

I started my first career with with Force India, and moved to Sauber mid season.

In the career that I am about to start, I'll either choose Lotus or Williams. Just trying to decide how much of a challenge that I want.

I started with Williams and I am a little worried. I only ran in Australia and I had a lot of problems with the wheels. I need some advices for to protect it, please. I believe that I will have a lot of problems in the future with these. I got the 6th position in the Q3 but in the race I went down to the 10th by the wheels...I played 25% of the race...What is the best? To stard with hard or soft tyres?

Sorry for my bad english, I am spanish...

Thanks!!

pinkyvic said:

I started with Williams and I am a little worried. I only ran in Australia and I had a lot of problems with the wheels. I need some advices for to protect it, please. I believe that I will have a lot of problems in the future with these. I got the 6th position in the Q3 but in the race I went down to the 10th by the wheels...I played 25% of the race...What is the best? To stard with hard or soft tyres?

Thanks!!

Your tires are degrading fast?

Try driving smoother and not over revving the car coming out of the corners. Be smooth with the gas and your wheel movements. The tires do wear faster in this game, to reflect real life.

Option tires are faster, have better grip, but wear quicker than the primes. Primes have less grip, are slower, but last a lot longer than Options most of the time. You'll usually want to run Option tires for shorter stints and primes for longer stints.

You'll have to use both dry compounds either way in a dry race, so in twenty five percent races, I don't suppose that it matters too much which you start on. Most commonly, you'll use Options the first stint and Primes the second. In longer races, you have a little freedom on which strategy to use and how many pit stops to make, and for which tires.

Williams. The car is actually quite good. Expert AI 10th Australia, 12th Malaysia. I went Sauber but restarted when I started winning against Professional AI

pinkyvic said:

Thanks!!

Your tires are degrading fast?

Try driving smoother and not over revving the car coming out of the corners. Be smooth with the gas and your wheel movements. The tires do wear faster in this game, to reflect real life.

Option tires are faster, have better grip, but wear quicker than the primes. Primes have less grip, are slower, but last a lot longer than Options most of the time. You'll usually want to run Option tires for shorter stints and primes for longer stints.

You'll have to use both dry compounds either way in a dry race, so in twenty five percent races, I don't suppose that it matters too much which you start on. Most commonly, you'll use Options the first stint and Primes the second. In longer races, you have a little freedom on which strategy to use and how many pit stops to make, and for which tires.
yeah I agree in 2013 I tended to start my races on options as I found the car is sluggish in getting underway off the line when using Primes

Lotus
I can handle Melbourne and Sepang easily enough. But in China for some reason the tyres just went off no matter what I did. By lap 5 the softs will always be finished. 

I even restarted the race and coasted in all the tyre eating corners (1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, and 14) and still the tyres went off at the same lap every time. 

I am thinking the tyre wear is mostly scripted

I started at Toro Rosso and halfway I moved to Sauber and finished the season in 7th with 1 win.
This season I was ar Lotus and now I have moved to Ferrari from Belgium onwards (I'm currently 5th in the WDC)

In the start of the championship I signed to Sauber and in the middle of the season I was transfered to Ferrari

Started with marussia , got into a Williams by spa, dueling with guttierez for his seat @ sauber, dead last in wdc... Legend a.I. No assists, can't seem to stay out trouble in d races

stiker said:
Started with marussia , got into a Williams by spa, dueling with guttierez for his seat @ sauber, dead last in wdc... Legend a.I. No assists, can't seem to stay out trouble in d races
Started with Lotus but have now gained a seat at RedBull after Hungary. Now thinking of restarting but think I may end up having the same results as you!! ;)

Quattro7 said:
stiker said:
Started with Lotus but have now gained a seat at RedBull after Hungary. Now thinking of restarting but think I may end up having the same results as you!! ;)
Well I always like d challenging starting at the back n working my way into a mclaren n winning the wdc and wcc... But 100% races r a killer, can't keep my concentration for that long, Man being in a RedBull will just be walking it... U must be winning steady....

Started with williams, could have moved to sauber but didn't. It needs to be made harder to get into higher tier teams.