Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiRT RALLY, Seb LOEB, Richard BURNS and others

Hi guys,
Been playing rally games for the last 30 years. Played every single rally game out there and it´s the sport i love the most (apart from MotoGP).
My top game is without any doubt Richard Burns Rally, even today it´s a landmark in rally gaming, but after all these years the game is pretty much outdated, graphics, sound, etc the handling though is still up there. I quit PC gaming for years now, work on it 12h/day so i can´t be bothered playing one. I play on PS4 with a proper racing setup, big screen, wheel and racing chair - so i like my racing.
I have to say i am really amazed by Dirt Rally, great game. The sound and graphics are second to none, the handling is great but imo not so hardcore like Seb LOEB, it feels easier to handle the car thru the stages, more predictable and less muscle is needed to hold it place. That doesn´t mean Dirt isn´t a simulation, it is and i love it. Overall Dirt is much more complete package, Loeb feels like un unfinished product, unpolished and for that reason i think Dirt is a far better experience.

I have two complains though that i think will kill the gmae very fast for me and others like who like rallying:

1) No rally online is a big mistake. Rallycross is a waste of time and for me it doesn´t have the true spirit of rallying - beating the clock and working your way around the emotions of a rally stage, the danger, the time you have to gain, the damage you have to damage, the service areas, etc. I don´t like ghosts on track, even less real cars. I would only ask to be able to create rooms, invite your friends in, create a proper rally championship, defining cameras, assists, stages, weather, etc and GO. We need only the times and the end of the stage - is that too much to ask in 2016?

2) The amazing graphics and sound are completely wasted in replays. I mean, please give us the option to watch replays using only side of the road cameras, heli and drones - just like watching a tv broadcast (no gopro style, interior camera, rims, etc). It´s so amazing to hear the car approaching without seeing him, and then the dust being lift in the air and then he comes, he passes and he dissapears again - that´s rally and i love it!

Thanks Codemasters for the amazing game, please keep the game alive i would every single DLC just please try and solve those 2 little BIG things.

I agree with all you just said. I love this game, I'm having a blast working my way through the rally stages in career mode, But once i have gone as far as i can in career and there not being any online rally stages that will be me going back to project cars and Dirt being shelved which will be a crying shame , Online rally support would make this game one of the best and keep me playing for years to come .

Totally true!

Also, on a side note, the users like me that use a wheel should be able to use simultaneously the DS4 on replays. When watching replays and trying to get some nice screenshots you´re not able to rotate the camera and get the better angle for your shot, only using the Dualshock 4 you are able to do that. PCars has this option, doesn´t seem too hard.

It´s my first post on this forum, so i ask if the Devs come here and participate at all?

It´s my first post on this forum, so i ask if the Devs come here and participate at all?
Yes, they are on all the time and do participate. I also couldn't agree more with anything that you've said above...Good post.

I have been coming on this forum just before the game released for console and i have not seen one reply from a Dev , I'm disappointed but i don't know if i have just been spoilt on the pcars forum . Hopefully the Devs read the forums at least and add controller support while using a wheel plus keyboard support and UDP support and the main one for me online rally's  :) .

the handling is great but imo not so hardcore like Seb LOEB, 
Hardcore in what way? Dirt rally is miles ahead of slr (my opinion)
1) No rally online is a big mistake. Rallycross is a waste of time and for me it doesn´t have the true spirit of rallying - beating the clock and working your way around the emotions of a rally stage, the danger, the time you have to gain, the damage you have to damage, the service areas, etc. I don´t like ghosts on track, even less real cars. I would only ask to be able to create rooms, invite your friends in, create a proper rally championship, defining cameras, assists, stages, weather, etc and GO. We need only the times and the end of the stage - is that too much to ask in 2016?

That's what "Leagues" are for. 

2) The amazing graphics and sound are completely wasted in replays. I mean, please give us the option to watch replays using only side of the road cameras, heli and drones - just like watching a tv broadcast (no gopro style, interior camera, rims, etc). It´s so amazing to hear the car approaching without seeing him, and then the dust being lift in the air and then he comes, he passes and he dissapears again - that´s rally and i love it!

Thanks Codemasters for the amazing game, please keep the game alive i would every single DLC just please try and solve those 2 little BIG things.

Has been discussed and asked for ever since release, if you look at a replay from like wales or greece and then look at a replay in Sweden, you will see that the replays are a lot better. 

I respect your opinion regarding "handling", i keep my opinion though. For example there were a few times where i should´ve lost the car in Finland after some big jumps and miracously i was able to save it - in my mind you can´t stop a 1300kg car that way. BUT i still say Dirt rally is a awesome sim.

IMO "Leagues" were designed for PC users. Console users and all users for that matter should be able to create Rally championships in-game, using the UI provided by the game. It´s nice to see a screen where your mates are, see their times in a table in real time - not getting out of the racing chair/couch and turn on your PC to check the tables.

100% agree regarding replays, I think I haven't liked a rally game's replay since CMR2 (RBR was ok-ish). I imagine they go to the car cameras to avoid revealing undrawn parts of the scenery which would be revealed by the roadside and heli cameras...? 

The replays are not that bad. When you fi ish a race go to replay and click mute music and dont touch the camera view and the view switches from inside to heli view to groundviews like a cameraman view showing your car going so fast and the engine roar it shakes the camera when car drives by. Plus in replay with muted music depending on track you can hear the car whine through the trees.

100% agree on replays as well. Last night I played some stages in Sweden and the replays are much better than other tracks. I hope there is a patch in the future to add the option for trackside replays only - similar to driveclub.

In regards to Seb Loeb I have mixed feelings the handling of most cars seem too floaty for me - but it has really nice replays. 

pEst410 said:
100% agree regarding replays, I think I haven't liked a rally game's replay since CMR2 (RBR was ok-ish). I imagine they go to the car cameras to avoid revealing undrawn parts of the scenery which would be revealed by the roadside and heli cameras...? 
Not so sure about that mate, there's a couple videos on youtube that show Dirt rally on pc with a tv mod - and that is all i wished for a rally game - simply AWESOME. But since i'm on console i can't access that feature, and that's why i'm asking for that feature. Please check this beauty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBDov9HRKY0

DESMOPT said:
pEst410 said:
Not so sure about that mate, there's a couple videos on youtube that show Dirt rally on pc with a tv mod - and that is all i wished for a rally game - simply AWESOME. But since i'm on console i can't access that feature, and that's why i'm asking for that feature. Please check this beauty:

The tv mod is not that good.. If you have it you can't access racenet so you the game won't save anything and you can't play online..

Sorry didn't knew that but what it matters is that you can have awesome replays, Codies just need to transform a mod into an option available in the game... for everyone.

FYI the devs do comment on things but as thare has been an explosion of new threads on the forums with the console release thats why you may not have seen any yet. have a look through some of the older threads and you will see them commenting now and again

Forums shud be split between PC and consoles, just like all other games do. Why CM didn't do that is just another question as to why they didn't do a lot of things. Sadly it points to CM not caring enuf about the forums. 

MLT24 said:
Forums shud be split between PC and consoles, just like all other games do. Why CM didn't do that is just another question as to why they didn't do a lot of things. Sadly it points to CM not caring enuf about the forums. 
If the game is exactly the same on both pc and consoles why should they do that?
It's kind of funny how some pc users treat us console users like some kind of disease, i've payed more for my "console" copy of the game than pc users did, payed the exact same amount for a proper racing chair and wheel, so i see no point in going that way. If games were diferent i would totally agree with - separate forums.
BTW what did you add to this thread? Did i complain about anything pc users don't feel the same?

I'm all with you about the replays! We need more flyby's like on TV. The sound is so good in this game that it's a must imo.

DESMOPT said:
pEst410 said:

The tv mod is not that good.. If you have it you can't access racenet so you the game won't save anything and you can't play online..
Do you know where can I get that mod? 

If you backup the files and you only use it in single player, it could work. Or as soon as you put it there you cannot acess Racenet anymore?

It's a bit of a shame that the programmers blocked things like these. I know that they don't want people to mess around with physics and whatnot but this are just Camera mods. Hope someday somebody do a CAM mod like RBR CAM Hack ;)

I've just noticed that the replays in Sweden are indeed amazing, especially if you mute music it feels so realistic! And it's weird that while I was driving I thought I was going super slow but in the replay I'm flying, something odd there with the sense of speed (and I won that event so I was going fast!).

DESMOPT said:
pEst410 said:

If you backup the files and you only use it in single player, it could work. Or as soon as you put it there you cannot acess Racenet anymore?

It's a bit of a shame that the programmers blocked things like these. I know that they don't want people to mess around with physics and whatnot but this are just Camera mods. Hope someday somebody do a CAM mod like RBR CAM Hack ;)
Here it is: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/replay-cam-mod-no-onboards.8565/

And yes, as soon as you install it you can't connect to racenet.. Atleast when i installed it some time ago..

That is a fantastic mod! Why does it have to be the fans getting these things right? Isn't it obvious that this would have been what we wanted?

DESMOPT said:
pEst410 said:

Here it is: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/replay-cam-mod-no-onboards.8565/

And yes, as soon as you install it you can't connect to racenet.. Atleast when i installed it some time ago..
Thank you mate. It appears if you put your backup oroginal files again it would work just fine on racenet. I contacted the creator and that's what he told me. Anyway, if it does not work... my PC needs format anyways <span>:wink:</span>

DESMOPT said:
pEst410 said:

Thank you mate. It appears if you put your backup oroginal files again it would work just fine on racenet. I contacted the creator and that's what he told me. Anyway, if it does not work... my PC needs format anyways <span>:wink:</span>
Yes, that's correct, as soon as you install your original backup files you can connect to racenet and all.. 

pEst410 said:
That is a fantastic mod! Why does it have to be the fans getting these things right? Isn't it obvious that this would have been what we wanted?
That´s one of the 2 reasons i started this thread: Replays and Online Rallying ... is it too much to ask to make this masterpiece even better??