DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiRT Rally Setup Sharing Thread

(There's no setup subforum and a search brought up no appropriate threads, so here goes.)

With DiRT Rally being a more serious driving game than most having the right setup can be crucial to getting the fastest stage times. This is a thread where we can share our setups and give tips to others.

If you're a Steam user you can download setups directly into your game via the Workshop.

If you're on Xbox or PlayStation 4 however you'll have to rely on people posting screenshots, as those versions don't have a way of distributing setups in-game.

Some extra links:

Nice idea.
I think even PC players like myself would frequent this thread, just to discuss the reasons behind whatever tweaks.  

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=573064422 

Here for everyone who wants to use therm. 
Unable to view setups. Already a stream member. Is this pc only as you would need the game installed to view. 

Or maybe I'm missing something else to view player setups. Thanks.

Unable to view setups. Already a stream member. Is this pc only as you would need the game installed to view. 

I'm not too sure what exactly your issue is, whether you can't access the DR workshop, or you just can't see the specifics of the setups you are viewing.

If it's the latter, then unless an author discloses the setups within the description or as a screenshot, then you won't be able to see the tweaks unless you have the game on PC, and can load and view the setup for yourself. 

I'm not too sure what exactly your issue is, whether you can't access the DR workshop, or you just can't see the specifics of the setups you are viewing.

If it's the latter, then unless an author discloses the setups within the description or as a screenshot, then you won't be able to see the tweaks unless you have the game on PC, and can load and view the setup for yourself. 
Yep! Not showing setup as I need Dirt Rally installed on pc. PS4 user.  Pity. Thanks anyway. 

I used your Opel Kadett recently, made the car easier to drive.

Can you share screenshots of these ones for me please? I'm on Xbox so I can't access the numbers myself.

Delta:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=594239240
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=665224615

Many thanks.

Also, if anybody has Hillclimb setup screenshots for the 405 that'd be much appreciated.

What if I told you that you can set a car to induce oversteer on corner entry, without having to tap rear-biased brakes....?

Yep! Not showing setup as I need Dirt Rally installed on pc. PS4 user.  Pity. Thanks anyway. 
I'm sure this thread will bring with it some screenshots from consoles and/or PC. 

I'm 430 hours into the game, but I'm not massively experienced with the technicalities for all of the cars. 
Maybe some of the more experienced heads could share screenshots of their setups with a little explanation for the new comers, or just the people who are less savvy in this area. 

As @PJTierney linked ( https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=456484010 ), this is really is a fantastic guide, and will help you on your way to being comfortable making your own setups. 

can someone  explain me how to make  rwd cars  set  as much understeery as possible?  thanks

Open the diff, soften rear suspension/ARB and rear camber, harder front and ARB.  Front brake bias etc...

(My idea of a nightmare - lol)  

I'd recommend making one change at a time regarding those. I would probably start with the Spring stiffness first as that will go a long way towards changing the characteristics of your car. 

Nope can't see setups on phone or PC. No download button no screen shots. 
Tx CM for giving me less of a game on my PS4 than PC users yet you charged me more?  All over this game so MUCH disrespect for console users. 

Hey all.I'm a xbox user.I'm looking a Opel corsa rallycross setup.I'm having trouble getting past the professional class career mode.thank you.

I've just started using the Renault 5 Turbo is there anyone willing to share a tune with me please ? 

markripp said:
 I've just started using the Renault 5 Turbo is there anyone willing to share a tune with me please ? 
The R5T is kinda broken right now, and understeers a hell of a lot, so it's more about the way you drive it rather than the setup right now. However, to help, softed the diff significantly, and maybe put a bit of rear bias on the brakes - not too much though. 

What format are the Steam car setup files? Please post a file here so we can have a look. Maybe easy convert to readable format for console users to use :)

Nice idea.
I think even PC players like myself would frequent this thread, just to discuss the reasons behind whatever tweaks.  
Which is why I've asked for it to be stickied.

Puzom76 said:
What format are the Steam car setup files? Please post a file here so we can have a look. Maybe easy convert to readable format for console users to use :)
They are just XML files, so the contents can be copied and pasted as it's just a page of config values

Puzom76 said:
They are just XML files, so the contents can be copied and pasted as it's just a page of config values

Easy to see what the values mean? Maybe faster than taking screenshots for those who share their PC setups.

Nah, definitely easier to upload screenshots. Everybody can see exactly what they are, even if they speak a different language.

Nah, definitely easier to upload screenshots. Everybody can see exactly what they are, even if they speak a different language.

Very true, also to make sure to put what car this is for. could there be way where cars are listed, and people could load screenshots to the car set up. But now that I think of it, that might be tricky and could become a mess.

Very true, also to make sure to put what car this is for. could there be way where cars are listed, and people could load screenshots to the car set up. But now that I think of it, that might be tricky and could become a mess.
One potential solution would be to have a Setups subforum, with a thread dedicated to each car.

After that all you need to do is specify where you should drive said tune (dirt/gravel etc.).

Dunno, xml can be faster. Not sure how many are willing to take 9 screenshots etc.
If you convert the xml to something readable, you can use googledocs and use search etc.
But still don't know how xml looks :)
Just an idea.

My advice, do your own setups to suit your driving style.  From what I have seen of the published PC setup pages, it's often a case of the blind leading the blind.  Codies in-game setup description of adjustment is fairly bang on.  Think what you want the car to do and refine the settings to suit!

KevM said:
My advice, do your own setups to suit your driving style.  From what I have seen of the published PC setup pages, it's often a case of the blind leading the blind.  Codies in-game setup description of adjustment is fairly bang on.  Think what you want the car to do and refine the settings to suit!
I've got plenty of tuning experience from other racing titles. What I don't have however is the time to tune & test, so I'd rather find something "off the shelf" and make tweaks as I go along :)