Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

2016 Chinese Grand Prix

Recommended Posts

The 2016 Formulation One World Series Championiser makes it way to Shanghai in China this weekend, and already it's been announced that Nico Rosberg has won the Grand Prix. Nico said he was 'happy' to have won the race ahead of Lewis Hamilton, who suffered a 5 place grid penalty due to a gearbox change. Lewis said he felt 'blessed' to have recovered from 6th on the grid to 2nd behind his team mate who controlled the race from start to finish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...............................................................................................................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My dilemma for the weekend... Watch this snooze fest at 3am or actually have a snooze and hope to find a replay.
Well there's WEC at Silverstone later after the F1 race to make up for it :p  

If Hamilton makes another bad start on Sunday, he's just screwed. Also, qualifying could be wet so looking forward to that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
China is a track that is capable of delivering absolute classic's (2007, 2009, 2011, 2012) but over the past few seasons has been pretty rubbish. 

But I'm actually super excited for this race. What makes it interesting is it's the first race under this new tyre format where it really isn't preferable to run the supersoft tyre in the race, because it will only go about 5 laps. So the top 10 will be at a clear strategy disadvantage against all the cars that don't have to run the supersoft tyre. P11 on the grid will be a golden grid position this weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big fan of Ferrari finally looking like they can properly challenge Mercedes, only for it to start raining, which only helps fucking Mercedes to blitz through the field again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah, that's going to help for the championship, both Ferrari's outqualified by a goddamn Red Bull

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Look, I'm glad for Ricciardo. I like him, I wish him success. And he genuinely is a great, great driver.
But for fuck's sake. Another Pole Position for Mercedes. After it looked like the Ferrari's might just be quicker than them on the soft tyres.

Just another reason why I'm in favour of the potential regulation changes for next year. I can't handle another dominant season by this team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Should be a fun race tomorrow with Hamilton starting at the back. I would love Ricciardo to do the impossible and beat Rosberg, but with such long straights I can't see that happening. Seems it's going to be a dry race, was hoping for rain to spice it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LOL at Kyvat and Vettel.

One is going off and the other is awkwardly listening and just can't stop laughing about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Someone really wants Rosberg to win this championship. Along with being handed the win at Melbourne, in the past two races his 3 main rivals have got taken out of contention on lap 1. Ricciardo too for good measure. Can't complain too much though, Lewis is the faster driver so it prolongs the championship for a while now that he has to catch up. 

What a race though. The main action was very concentrated in to the first 15 or so laps but the racing was great. Seeing Vettel, Ricciado and Raikkonen slice their way through the field was awesome. Hamilton too, although he did seem a bit apprehensive today, especially when he was chasing Massa. Seemed like he had opportunities to make the move and didn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Did anyone else think the camera cut away from battles far more often than normal today? We'd be watching two drivers that are right up close to each other and then suddenly we cut away to watch Rosberg, who was 25+ seconds in front, pit. 

And then to add to that, we'd just watch a replay of what happened between the two drivers we just cut away from :L Why not just mention Rosberg pitting, then pop up the timer in the bottom left of the screen...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Some people feel that pitstops is something that should always be broadcasted, especially when it involves the race leader. I agree with that, it's a crucial moment in the race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VetteIfan said:
Someone really wants Rosberg to win this championship. Along with being handed the win at Melbourne, in the past two races his 3 main rivals have got taken out of contention on lap 1. Ricciardo too for good measure. Can't complain too much though, Lewis is the faster driver so it prolongs the championship for a while now that he has to catch up. 

What a race though. The main action was very concentrated in to the first 15 or so laps but the racing was great. Seeing Vettel, Ricciado and Raikkonen slice their way through the field was awesome. Hamilton too, although he did seem a bit apprehensive today, especially when he was chasing Massa. Seemed like he had opportunities to make the move and didn't. 
Hamilton had damage to the floor and suspension, so all things considered he did rather well as the car was wobbling at high speeds.

Before this season I liked David Croft, but he's getting on my tits now as he's blind. He makes so many mistakes it's unreal, for over 30 seconds he was commentating on a Ferrari and a Red Bull, when it was clearly showing a Ferrari and Toro Rosso. The cars don't even look remotely similar this year so he can't use that mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jiggy said:
Some people feel that pitstops is something that should always be broadcasted, especially when it involves the race leader. I agree with that, it's a crucial moment in the race.
It's generally not too important when you're so far ahead to be honest, that's why it bothered me really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AMS97KRR said:
Jiggy said:
Some people feel that pitstops is something that should always be broadcasted, especially when it involves the race leader. I agree with that, it's a crucial moment in the race.
It's generally not too important when you're so far ahead to be honest, that's why it bothered me really. 
I get that, but if something happens and you don't catch it live, people are going to be bitching about it regardless, so it's one of those things that you'll have to show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AMS97KRR said:
Did anyone else think the camera cut away from battles far more often than normal today? We'd be watching two drivers that are right up close to each other and then suddenly we cut away to watch Rosberg, who was 25+ seconds in front, pit. 

And then to add to that, we'd just watch a replay of what happened between the two drivers we just cut away from :L Why not just mention Rosberg pitting, then pop up the timer in the bottom left of the screen...

Clearly the Chinese producer or whatever doesn't know how to direct an F1 race on TV as I believe the camera shots aer done locally by the local TV people noyt by the same group every weekend or at leas t that's how it used to be done . I think it's still largely done that way not 100% sure though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thought the only people who directed their own F1-race, were the French i.e. during the Monaco GP and the French GP of old.

Even so, they do it at every race, so that can't be a reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Japanese used to do it as well I think, but I believe every race is directed by FOM these days.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×