Sign in to follow this  

Corrupt Save Files - Fix Incoming!

In the last couple of days we've been receiving reports that players were experiencing save files becoming corrupt. Since then the team have been working tirelessly to not only diagnose the problem but also create a fix.

We can now confirm that we have located the cause of this problem and a fix has been created and applied to a patch. This patch is currently undergoing QA tests to ensure that it is working as expected before we deploy it to the live servers.

Once this patch has been pushed live we expect those saves that have been corrupted to be 'fixed' and you'll once again be able to carry on your GRID Autosport career where you left off.

A big thank you to those Community members that have sent us their corrupt save files, these have been a huge help and have gone a long way to helping us correct this issue.

We'll bring you further news closer to the patch deployment time.

GOOD NEWS!!

This time i´m not affected but i was in Grid 2 and i know how people feels when this happens, especially two or three months later when the levels and prgress are higher.

I´m scared everyday i play about this issue; lost all is frustrating considering that what is lost is all the progress including online.

Now there´s another problem: RaceNet accounts doesn´t link (PS3) so is no possible to play Racenet Challenges, Clubs, Cars, progress, etc.... and i lost any link, i can´t link now the main account and a secondary i had; i tried all the day different posibilities and is totally weird what is happening. Is a problem in RaceNet server and accounts wich can´t "see" the user. In Grid 2 works perfectly but now there´s a lot of people that can´t race, only the online part wich has not linked to RaceNet but many of us can´t participate, can´t earn money, can´t use the club...is very frustrating because i love the weekly challenges and the new features in Autosport.

Loore: this is a big issue that should be fixed as soon as CM can; only take a look in a PS3 profile using a console with an existing account, you can check that in most cases it doesn´t link to RaceNet (service unavailable); to complicate things even more i lost any link with PSN account, the main and the sub-account; a total dissater and very frustrating.

Don´t suggest people to use another account, is pointless and makes a weird mix of XP and level in the Autosport page of RaceNet, i think that CM should check what happened these days with existing accounts because the first day many people could play but since the weekend is impossible and it seems that is a "fixed" issue that has no solution by the user. Thaks for read and sorry for my english.

Salute.
;)

Nice job Loore and team! I was one of those who sent in the save, that was only a coupe of days ago so that's some fast work from the coding beavers!

GG guys, can't wait to get my old lvl 50 drift cars back sob:

And there I was, thinking I would be in the clear. Just got my corrupt savedata error this morning. Ah well, there's stuff needed to be done around the house anyway, so I guess I'll go and do that till the fix is here. Can do a couple of hours without playing, hehe...

Yes, great news:)

I got a corrupted save just now, hoping the fix will repair my save and that it will be released soon.

i wasn't affected before the patch but now my save is corrupted... WTF???
Playing on PC...

nice job CM!!!!

The patch for corrupted saves hasn't been released yet (unless you refer to the patch on the 25th?).

The patch for corrupted saves hasn't been released yet (unless you refer to the patch on the 25th?).
well in that case they should be releasing it soon as more ppl get corrupted saves after the patch on july 3rd 2014

this is clearly a major issue. as a top leaderboard driver, needless to say i am less then pleased to turn on my xbox and find that racenet is telling me my files are corrupted, while my xbox says they are fine!

i am holding out though, i spent to much time getting to above the level 80 mark to restart and do it all over again. if codemasters need a "test dummy" to see if some patch is or is not working, i cant currently play grid autosport so by all means, if you need it the offer is there. if not, i hope i can return to my gamesave in time to return to the top of the leaderboards that i will no doubt drop down in the time i wait, innactive, for the patch to get finished. 

thanks for putting in the time to address the issue, and hopefully your team is successful in fixing an issue that is hindering the progress of many a driver online. 

~alex98sc10 

Cousins xbox saves are down now too, shovelware bitches

While it's great to hear that a patch is coming, the easiest fix to the online problem would have been to NOT store all your stats in the save file itself and to have stored them on an online server!  I mean seriously guys, who makes an achievement that takes as long as the Level 250 one does and then releases the game WITHOUT fully testing it to ensure that it is in 100% working order?

I have personally lost over 8 hours of levels and xp due to this and am not looking forward to doing it all over again! In my opinion Codemasters should give us all a double or triple xp week for this massive inconvenience!

[EDIT] Well 5 minutes ago I just got my 4th corruption in a 36 hour period so now its more like 12 hours of lost racing XP... This game is definitely getting my vote for GOTY!!

Well the way I see it, with a max of 30 cars why not start a new save as all saves are still tied to your Racenet account.

Yeah it means losing time on your other saves etc but then at least you don't have to sell all the cars, to try all the cars :D

Well the way I see it, with a max of 30 cars why not start a new save as all saves are still tied to your Racenet account.

Yeah it means losing time on your other saves etc but then at least you don't have to sell all the cars, to try all the cars :D

I guess I'm not following what you're saying because when I did start a new save I didn't have ANY of my cars... the only thing that was stored on racenet was and is my previous cars that I had sold... All of my cars owned reflect as as the cars that I previously own.

And how does your post have anything to do with the saves getting corrupted?  I doubt that anyone cares that the cars that they sold still show that they owned them lol... People, including myself, are furious about losing their online data because of this!

230 online races, level 75, garage is full, and now my save is corrupted. fuckin awesome!
You released  a new game with a well known issue from before, still no fix yet, what a joke...
Yeah, and since the last patch, I'm getting at least  2-3 crashes a day.

230 online races, level 75, garage is full, and now my save is corrupted. fuckin awesome!
You released  a new game with a well known issue from before, still no fix yet, what a joke...
Yeah, and since the last patch, I'm getting at least  2-3 crashes a day.
PS3 owners in the US haven't even gotten 1 patch yet... I'd love to know when this patch is getting released!!

Wasn't saying I had my old cars, as I don't, I meant I built up a set of different cars to test them when modded up rather than rage, sulk, insult and abuse CM and others just because they make a SUGGESTION for something to do before the fix goes live!

This week I got the rewards from the 1st set of racenet events (615k) but the new save got the cash and XP not the corrupted one. I never ran the old challenges on the new save, so I used the money and bought most of the cars for this weeks set of challenges. 

So you can use one save for the events and when they are over (and the fix for corrupted save has been applied), you'd be able to log in to racenet on your original save and this weeks racenet awards will got there and not on the new save.

I didn't have ANY of these "new cars" on the other save. So in the long run I'll be able to build up a garage of the best cars in each class on my primary save because I will have tested them all fully modded and upgraded. Having a maximum garage capacity of 30 (35 with the season pass), you can't own all the cars so, I won't be dumping the new save I'll just keep both open and if I want to race any of the other cars I have no spaces for, I just need to switch to the other save as all saves are still linked to my racenet account.

Yes each saves MP levels will be different but, I don't mind as the fix IS being tested so moaning about it is pointless as it's on the way.

You totally missed the point about racenet, ALL your save profiles are linked to your racenet account, while I've been playing on the new save I have STILL been able to earn cash and xp for the the racenet club, I also still received the racenet bonuses on the new save when ALL the times set were done using the old corrupted one.

As for your angry rant about what the hell has my post got to do with corrupted saves, I'm pointing out there IS an alternative to pulling your hair out ranting at CM and others just because your p****d off at losing a save.

If the suggestion isn't to your taste there's no need to take it out on me for making a suggestion!

So I had lvl 80 something, around 1 mil saved, 11 cars for each class, all of them almost fully upgraded and now my save file is corrupted .. are u kidding me ffs? :( I've spent like 30 hours of playing just to hear that it's little I can do ..

@Loore Could you please confirm that the team is trying to get this patch on all platforms around the same time? And can you please tell if the fix will work on every platform, not just PC?