Sign in to follow this  

Corrupt Save Files - Fix Incoming!

Ok so what part isn't "completely true" then????

Tell you what. Speak to MS or Sony, ask THEM for the reson for the delay, Surely they'll at least be able to confirm (or deny) if the fix is indeed in testing etc?

THAT would be proof that what CM have said is untrue or not.

Anyone asked Sony or MS yet???? I doubt it......

Its always someone else's fault...well at least the dlc's have no problem getting out! So if they charged for the patch it would be out now and I would be playing the game instead of playing in their exciting forum! Hey anyone tried the new cars in the British pack? I bought it but I'm on standby for the missing patch! 

Dude it's MS and SONY delaying the rollout for consoles not CM... Been said before yeteverybody just rants instead of reading....

Fair point but it should never have been released with this issue in the first place..... the first reports of corrupt game saves came pretty soon after release which makes me think the online element of this game just wasn't tested properly, if it was they would have identified the problem..... unless of course they knew about it already and just released it any way.  People have paid money for a product that can't be used as described on the packaging... they have a right to be annoyed.

This issue & its cause were reportedly discovered & addressed weeks ago, and Microsoft & Sony do not take weeks to roll out critical patches.

As consumers, we are not privy to the confidential agreements between game makers & platform providers. Calling Microsoft or Sony about it would likely result in misinformation or no comment.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/31115/#Comment_31115
"We're hoping to get all the fixes going into the same console patch."

...Sounds like a decision was made to forego a single immediate patch to fix corrupt saves in favor of bundling multiple updates in one larger patch.

Summer time is a slow period for game releases since big launches gravitate closer to the end-of-year holidays... Couple that with the fact that the number of Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3 releases have slowed since the launch of the newer Xbox One & PlayStation 4 platforms, and it seems unlikely that there's much else in the way on the Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3 holding up Microsoft & Sony.

CodeMasters has released at least 2 paid DLC add-ons for Grid AutoSport since launch: the Boost Pack & the Best of British Car Pack. The fact that Microsoft & Sony have the pipeline wide open for add-on content makes the idea that the pipeline for patches is clogged shut a questionable proposition to me.

So yeah, I'm doubtful that the single biggest cause for the delay of the corrupt save patch for consoles is Microsoft and/or Sony.

On top that, it seems only fair & fitting that CodeMasters hears from their customers every single day that passes without remedy for this game-breaking defect that should have never happened in the first place.

Operator1 said:

This issue & its cause were reportedly discovered & addressed weeks ago, and Microsoft & Sony do not take weeks to roll out critical patches.

As consumers, we are not privy to the confidential agreements between game makers & platform providers. Calling Microsoft or Sony about it would likely result in misinformation or no comment.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/31115/#Comment_31115
"We're hoping to get all the fixes going into the same console patch."

...Sounds like a decision was made to forego a single immediate patch to fix corrupt saves in favor of bundling multiple updates in one larger patch.

Summer time is a slow period for game releases since big launches gravitate closer to the end-of-year holidays... Couple that with the fact that the number of Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3 releases have slowed since the launch of the newer Xbox One & PlayStation 4 platforms, and it seems unlikely that there's much else in the way on the Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3 holding up Microsoft & Sony.

CodeMasters has released at least 2 paid DLC add-ons for Grid AutoSport since launch: the Boost Pack & the Best of British Car Pack. The fact that Microsoft & Sony have the pipeline wide open for add-on content makes the idea that the pipeline for patches is clogged shut a questionable proposition to me.

So yeah, I'm doubtful that the single biggest cause for the delay of the corrupt save patch for consoles is Microsoft and/or Sony.

So by what you said is that sony/microsoft are too lazy to do patches one at a time and would rather make us wait longer with this issue because they want to do them all at once? 

So please tell us exactly how this is CM making us wait not sony/microsoft? 

SASBlink said:
So by what you said is that sony/microsoft are too lazy to do patches one at a time and would rather make us wait longer with this issue because they want to do them all at once? 

So please tell us exactly how this is CM making us wait not sony/microsoft? 

That's not what I said, and none of us can claim with certainty what the truth really is since the information provided has been vague & one-sided. Just like you or anyone else, I can only speculate based on the information available. I might draw different conclusions than you do from that information, and I have the same rights that you & everyone else have to voice my perspective here in a civilized manner.

I am talking in a civilized manner, im not being aggressive, im not typing in all caps to indicate shouting im even being polite and saying please ;) i'm simply asking how you can be so sure its Cm's fault? 

I'm defending Cm because they made this awesome game, it has flaws but they don't deserve all this abuse or blame, alot of effort went into this game for us, so i can give them the benefit of the doubt  :)

SASBlink said:

I am talking in a civilized manner, im not being aggressive, im not typing in all caps to indicate shouting im even being polite and saying please ;) i'm simply asking how you can be so sure its Cm's fault? 

I'm defending Cm because they made this awesome gamould never have been rele, it has flaws but they don't deserve all this abuse or blame, alot of effort went into this game for us, so i can give them the benefit of the doubt  :)

I don't see how it isn't CMs fault... as per my post above it should never have been released with this bug in it, and it's not like it's never happened before.  However when it's fixed it will be an awesome game.  In the meantime though I think people do have a right to express their dissatisfaction with the current situation.  

That said I don't think it's constructive to be too negative about them.  At the end of the day, we all love racing games and if it wasn't for CM we'd have a limited choice of either Forza or NFS and the odd title by random developers, so I applaud them for that... I just wish they could get the basics right lol 

I feel for you fluke, but i feel more for the rest of us that end up in your lobby now and have to race you. As if you werent a dirty enought racer as it is, without having anger towards the game to make you eithen worse and eithen more of a bully boy. Hows flukey? O and ticticboom. Your all a bunch of sore losers that seem to be out to just mess up peoples games. 

My moto..... Door to door bumper to bumper is all good but dont lash out. which is all you lot seem to do. Be the bigger child and rise above peoples mistakes on the track and dont instantly take a dislike and use them as a moving target(not everyone can race as good as others and do have accidents, which you take as fighting talk and then become a bully towards them for as long as you remember there gamertag) theres a vote system that acctually works on Grid AS. I no this is not related but as you all no ive said plenty on this discussion and given helpful info streight from the horses mouth. I just had to write this post coz im fed up with all the dirty racers out there,  fluke and his pals i have had a personal hate for eithen from grid2 and i no im not the only one who is aware of them pain in the backsides. 

Rant over!!

See you on the track all. 

My research is complete and now sitting tight till patch arrives. Adios

I'm happy to say that Sony just issued me a full refund on this... It's good to know that someone appreciates their customers!

Reloaded4 said:

I feel for you fluke, but i feel more for the rest of us that end up in your lobby now and have to race you. As if you werent a dirty enought racer as it is, without having anger towards the game to make you eithen worse and eithen more of a bully boy. Hows flukey? O and ticticboom. Your all a bunch of sore losers that seem to be out to just mess up peoples games. 

My moto..... Door to door bumper to bumper is all good but dont lash out. which is all you lot seem to do. Be the bigger child and rise above peoples mistakes on the track and dont instantly take a dislike and use them as a moving target(not everyone can race as good as others and do have accidents, which you take as fighting talk and then become a bully towards them for as long as you remember there gamertag) theres a vote system that acctually works on Grid AS. I no this is not related but as you all no ive said plenty on this discussion and given helpful info streight from the horses mouth. I just had to write this post coz im fed up with all the dirty racers out there,  fluke and his pals i have had a personal hate for eithen from grid2 and i no im not the only one who is aware of them pain in the backsides. 

Rant over!!

"Your all a bunch of sore losers that seem to be out to just mess up peoples games"

Not peoples games, YOUR game, and your 2 buddies games.  

If you were capable of racing clean, you would know we are far from sore losers.  Its your continual crappy driving that

has got us where we are.  

The only people who have problems with "US" are the people who cannot race,  people who T-bone at the 1st turn,  people who crash into us intentionally, and say it was an accident.  You know the type of person im talking about dont you.    Im talking about YOU!  

Yes you do get smashed all over the track.  You know full well why we treat you like that.  

You and your buddies started it on Grid 2, that didnt work very well for you guys did it? 

You tried it on Autosport aswell, again it didnt work for you, or your 2 buddies. 

So what happens when we meet online???? You guys leave the lobby, or If im on my own you start a vote, get me kicked.  Either way im happy.  You leave = great....3 less noobs.   You kick me = Great! now I can search again, and not get put in with you.  Everyone wins.  

You've not even raced against any of us for a couple of weeks, since your last attempt at dirty racing failed for you.  You usually just leave,  so why the big cry on here? 

Your sick of dirty racers are you????????    Well you've not played us for a couple of weeks, so its not us your sick of. 

Maybe if you learned to race clean,  people would race you clean. 

BTW, you CANNOT T-bone someone by accident.  

Man up and admit you were wrong, apologise for being a knob, and maybe just maybe, we will give you another go a racing clean.  

Otherwise, its going be business as usual for you 3, and that hasn't worked in your favour yet. 

Reloaded4 said:

Rant over!!

Who's angry?  I'm not the one posting rants about other players in the Corrupt Game Save thread.  I have a back up game with plenty of cars and 16 million in the bank so I'm pretty good thank you :)

As for my so called dirty racing, as RTA says above, you know full well why you get smashed.  Anyone who races me clean knows they get the same respect back.  I go on racing games to race and not to play demolition derby with idiots.  Maybe you should check out the "Apparently It Is Your Fault" thread, you might learn something.

Finally, why is it that everytime I see you, you're impact marker is orange... on second thoughts, don't bother replying to that question, I already know the answer having watched you smash a friend off the track on Grid 2 during their first online race - you did for no other reason than the fact their were infront of you... that tells me all I need to know.

@Loore, please feel free to delete mine and the other related posts as I'm aware it's taking the thread seriously off topic.

To everyone but retoaded4, I apologise that you have been subjected to nonsense.

another gamesave corrupted- thanks for wasting my time and money. instead of ignoring us all- how about you "codemasters" tell us how far along this patch really is, so far i have yet to see evidence that you actually put the patch through to microscam. if you have already done it, why is your dlc out faster, and why can we not find any hard evidence that you have the patch done and through to microscam? oh and a better idea- properly test most or all aspects of the game before releasing it, such a crippling and major error in your code shouldnt have to wait until everybody has the issue, as that will shy away customers. do it right from the get go, and you wont need to worry about people with corrupted gamesaves! - on a less productive note, i wont be resetting my gamesave to keep playing so sorry friends and racing rivals, and quite honestly if this takes too long ill just be selling the game, no reason to wait or play if there isnt hope of a fix

So another gamer (AKA ME) has a corrupt save file. Glad I have a $50 drink coaster. 4 of my friends on the Xbox 360 have had the same issue. No reason that it has become corrupt either. We all played the game in different ways and enjoyed being able to race for fun. Only one of my friends has yet to get his game corrupted and I'm sure it is only a matter of days before his is corrupt. A couple of us have checked on the trade-in value of the game and the best offer is $10. Guess all the retailers have figured out that no one will buy a game that fails to work after a few weeks. Is the patch going to work? We don't know. Codemasters never fixed the original Grid game glitches either. Some of us are seriously thinking that we will never purchase another one of there games. All we have heard is that the patch is coming. When is it coming and will it fix this issue or not????

what is the status of this fix?! because tonight i started the game and WHAT THE F*#% I can start all over again.. luckily I copied the savefile to PS Plus.. but what know?! this sucks!!

look andyparks if you read the previous comments its not going to be out till about 2-3 weeks, codemasters have passed it on to MS & SONY so its up to them whenever they bring it out just give codemasters a break.

Yes this should never have happend in the 1st place but be patient and play another game.

Codemasters said Grid autosport was an apology for the many issues and mistakes made with Grid 2, I think they need to look up the word apology, they have no clue what it means.

And for all the people like me who pre ordered autosport black edition expecting an exclusive car but neglected to mention you have to buy it in game, and it's the same with the best of British pack, to me that is misrepresentation and yet another kick in the nut sack.

I am never buying another game from them as they seem to have no idea how to spot even the most basic of glitches and fix them. Yes Sony may be testing a patch but I doubt it, my data corrupted in the first few days after release so they have known for over 5 weeks and nothing has been done.

So join me and make a stand don't buy anymore codemasters games until they can prove they do care about us the consumers.

NINJACGS said:

look andyparks if you read the previous comments its not going to be out till about 2-3 weeks, codemasters have passed it on to MS & SONY so its up to them whenever they bring it out just give codemasters a break.

Yes this should never have happend in the 1st place but be patient and play another game.

I've got a right to be pi$$ed off.. I paid money with my hard earned cash ..  and can't play it because I've got to wait for a patch.. name any other game you can't play because you've got to wait for it to be fixed.. 

andyparks said:
NINJACGS said:

I've got a right to be pi$$ed off.. I paid money with my hard earned cash ..  and can't play it because I've got to wait for a patch.. name any other game you can't play because you've got to wait for it to be fixed.. 

Battlefield 4, Call of Duty, GTA IV all had release issues it's part of modern day gaming, bugs happen and occasionally they are game breaking.....if you can't put up with it then you really shouldn't buy on release....

loo killswitchmad said:
andyparks said:
NINJACGS said:

Battlefield 4, Call of Duty, GTA IV all had release issues it's part of modern day gaming, bugs happen and occasionally they are game breaking.....if you can't put up with it then you really shouldn't buy on release....

none of them games had saved corrupt and then told you to go and play somethink else and you didn't hAve to wait four month for a fix 

There is no way that fix will come quickly, just look on Twitter the boys of Codisaster are messing around with real Atoms meanwhile WE can't even have fun with the virtual ones on Grid Autosport due to the corrupted savefiles. Instead of searching to solve our problems. That what I called "misplaced tweets"

Codemasters@Codemasters 22 min

It's toy day at Codemasters!

No Andy they didn't have corrupted saves but, EA told me to turn of crossfire, turn off AA, turn down AF, turn settings to medium, just to stop the atrocious microstutter in BF3 which is still a game killer in BF4........ How much time between those two?

Why would I have spent £2500 on a gaming PC to play games at the highest settings for said company to tell me to turn half of the PC off and then dumb the settings down so far it looked no better than it did on the xbox 360?

Every game has glitches, yes not all are game killers, neither is this on as unlike in G2, those with a corrupted save who don't delete or copy over it WILL have the save restored.

Warframe for instance, on PC it's still in BETA yet it was "Launched" for PS4 on 29/11/13.

These days NO game is truely finished and perfect on launch day.... be patient as the fix worked a charm on PC.

Warframe for instance, on PC it's still in BETA yet it was "Launched" for PS4 on 29/11/13.

Agreed but on PS4 it's a free to play game, I didn't had to pay € 70 for it!And you are warned that it's not the final version!