Sign in to follow this  

Corrupt Save Files - Fix Incoming!

So Loore said on July 14th "Console Patches are starting the submission process, once it starts to clear that we'll be able to provide you with a definitive date."

He then said on July 24th "Currently we've got another PC patch getting ready to be deployed and the console patches are starting their submission process."

So at best one of these isn't true and at worst both aren't true.

Just go and play the Destiny beta or something, this is gonna be a long long wait.

andyparks said:
loo killswitchmad said:
andyparks said:
NINJACGS said:

look andyparks if you read the previous comments its not going to be out till about 2-3 weeks, codemasters have passed it on to MS & SONY so its up to them whenever they bring it out just give codemasters a break.

Yes this should never have happend in the 1st place but be patient and play another game.

I've got a right to be pi$$ed off.. I paid money with my hard earned cash ..  and can't play it because I've got to wait for a patch.. name any other game you can't play because you've got to wait for it to be fixed.. 

Battlefield 4, Call of Duty, GTA IV all had release issues it's part of modern day gaming, bugs happen and occasionally they are game breaking.....if you can't put up with it then you really shouldn't buy on release....

none of them games had saved corrupt and then told you to go and play somethink else and you didn't hAve to wait four month for a fix 

Actually GTA IV suffered a corrupt save issue that took roughly 4 weeks to get sorted....

Trading standards were not aware of the gross malpractice and bad conduct of the video games industry.  

A new bill is going through parliament at the moment.  This is to cover digital media.  This will put an end to MS and SONY no refund policy.  It will become illegal. 

Regards to digital media.....if you bought the disc format, CD/DVD etc,  and the product is faulty, you are entitled to a full refund, from the place of purchase.  Faulty would describe grid autosport at the moment,  regardless of whether a patch is in the making.  

From June 24th in USA and 27th in the UK, Autosport has been on sale as a tested, finished product.   But with the save feature broken this means it's faulty software.  

If you want to get your money back you can, you just need your receipt.   

CODE NOOBIES pay serious attention to this post, it is 100% fact.   Very soon you will be taking more than a year to make your games,  or you won't be able to stop people downloading your game, after paying full price, and finding it's broken, and watch the number of refunds given out. 

Thanks to the man from Trading standards for discussing this in person. 

Soon we will all be able to buy a new game, decide it's crap, or broken, and go back to the shop with an opened broken seal game, and receive a FULL refund.

When you mis treat your customers, they might go and talk to various agencies and find out their rights. 

Oops if that spills the beans on the video games industry. 

Win for the gamers I'd say.  

andyparks said:
loo killswitchmad said:
andyparks said:
NINJACGS said:

look andyparks if you read the previous comments its not going to be out till about 2-3 weeks, codemasters have passed it on to MS & SONY so its up to them whenever they bring it out just give codemasters a break.

Yes this should never have happend in the 1st place but be patient and play another game.

I've got a right to be pi$$ed off.. I paid money with my hard earned cash ..  and can't play it because I've got to wait for a patch.. name any other game you can't play because you've got to wait for it to be fixed.. 

Battlefield 4, Call of Duty, GTA IV all had release issues it's part of modern day gaming, bugs happen and occasionally they are game breaking.....if you can't put up with it then you really shouldn't buy on release....

none of them games had saved corrupt and then told you to go and play somethink else and you didn't hAve to wait four month for a fix 

Actually GTA IV suffered a corrupt save issue that took roughly 4 weeks to get sorted....

I don't think they would work so hard on a game...a really good game at core...just to piss off s many people with a basic F-up. What they need to do is learn that online beta testing needs to be done and whether "giving the game away" early means some people steal it...then so be it. At least they will not lose hundreds, maybe thousands of customers over something as basic as a corrupt file save. I'm no computer geek, but I bet this would have shown itself had the public, or even a closed segment of the public, been able to play mltiplayer before release. It just seems like they sort of ignored the mutiplayer side of it. It's not nearly as feature-rich or user friendly as the singleplayer side. Maybe there is a lesson in there somewhere....I dunno.

I really hope you guys DO fix it. I've just had this happen to me thanks to the game crashing after an online race once again! I hope to see my 317 career events and 280 online races return after the patch.

Time to play some Next Car Game I think to vent my rage! :D

Hello, I experienced today the same problem. My savegame is corrupted (PC). When Codemasters will wake up ? We need an answer !

When I tried to go online with my alternate ID, it said I did not have xbox live privileges. I think you can have multiple user IDs under the same main account (re: live) but to get an actual separate xbox live account you have to pay for it. That's not something I've done or really wish to do. So, the bottom line is that I either have to pay for a new account or make a new profile in Autosport.

But if I make a new profile in Autosport, will that overwrite my old one thereby rendering the patch useless or will I still be able to recover the old one either through the game (not sure it will retain the old one since I have not tried to create a new one) or through the saved (corrupt) file on my flash drive? I guess I could just back the corrupted one up to the cloud and have another avenue, but I'm still wondering how corrupted files not still in existence on the game (if there is an overwrite) will be recovered via the patch? Any geeks out there with some insight?

Im about done waiting for this patch, it takes MS 5-7 days to approve it and its double that now. I think the patch was screwed up and they had to redo it. If this problem ever gets solved all DLC should be free if you can only download it. They dont hesitate to take your money but they take thier time to fix thier problems, that goes for MS basically

Just got my 2nd corrupt save file on xbox ,while playing single player. had made it to grid masters series

races and finished . after credits rolled was starting online racing when i got 1st corrupt file.

so i think im done with this game .don't have time for a third try at completing  all the races.   

wundering were u can find info about corrupt game saves.  Here's the link

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/2889/codies-weekly-update-25-07-14#latest.             This is what there doing with there spare time and cash that I would a rather wiped and flushed at this point in time.

@OctoberDusk06‌ just setup the cloud storage, make new game profile, save on cloud.   Your corrupt one will only get overwrite if you use them same storage device. 

I purchased the game yesterday and I'm having a blast with it so far. Hopefully I don't have the misfortune to encounter a corrupted save file.

However, Microsoft and Sony needs to speed up their process for patches. The amount of time it takes is simply silly. 

Either way, players frustration is entirely justified. Corrupted save files shouldn't occur in the first place. Crossing my fingers for this being resolved very, very soon. Autopsort is a great game and would be shame if it ''took a hit'' because if this.

SASBlink said:

Interesting info. Thanks for sharing. :)

Reloaded4 said:

Please note, however, that this will not restore save files that have been altered by the user or corrupted due to data problems on your hard drive.

So this means the corruptions due to turning the game off while saving will not be fixed, as suspected.

I was thinking this before. Just what if, what if my corruption is due to that? I will feel sorry for the people who did turn the xbox off while saving and think the glitch is the reason why they got a corruption. :( 

I'm still hoping im not one of these people. (insert nervous laugh here) :/

What stupid reason would people turn off there game while loading or saving as it says do not turn off system while game is saving. If that's how most corruptions have occured you all deserve to have corrupted files for not following directions and if you disagree go see a shrink.

I've got that little faith in the patch coming out any time soon that I've gone and made a bet with a few of my friends.

People that know me know that I hate Activision.

But, I've told them that if the patch comes out next week, -and- works as it's meant to, for consoles, I'm going to buy Destiny.

... Yeah. I know it has nothing to do with Codemasters. Bets are bets.

SASBlink said:

Interesting info. Thanks for sharing. :)

Reloaded4 said:

Please note, however, that this will not restore save files that have been altered by the user or corrupted due to data problems on your hard drive.

So this means the corruptions due to turning the game off while saving will not be fixed, as suspected.

I was thinking this before. Just what if, what if my corruption is due to that? I will feel sorry for the people who did turn the xbox off while saving and think the glitch is the reason why they got a corruption. :( 

I'm still hoping im not one of these people. (insert nervous laugh here) :/

What stupid reason would people turn off there game while loading or saving as it says do not turn off system while game is saving. If that's how most corruptions have occured you all deserve to have corrupted files for not following directions and if you disagree go see a shrink.

This seems to be CM's standard answer to queries about corrupt saves, I got exactly the same wording in reply when I e-mailed them about it a couple of weeks ago.

Seems like CM are trying to shift some of the blame onto players & this was one of the reasons I got my money refunded from MS.

Also if so many players are stupid enough to turn off the system while saving then just about every game would have a problem with corrupt saves not just CM.

Is this patch going to fix my corrupted save file or am i likely to have to start again?

Also I have never switched off my machine whilst saving.

Is this patch going to fix my corrupted save file or am i likely to have to start again?

It's supposed to fix the corrupted saves.

But ... that's IF we ever get the patch...

QuozPowa said:

Hello, I experienced today the same problem. My savegame is corrupted (PC). When Codemasters will wake up ? We need an answer !

dunno how to use it as i amon a console, that PC patch was already released, and has been confirmed to fix the issue. do look online for how to download the pc patch, i dunno if its automatic or not, what i do know is that patch is out and people have already gotten their saves fixed on PC. xbox and playstation are the ones still waiting for codies to get the fix out

Corruption issue, has nothing to do with turning the game off while its loading/saving. 

I get corruption everyday, and I back out to single player menu, an wait for the load/saving  square's to go.  And it still corrupts. 

It's supposed to fix the corrupted saves.

But ... that's IF we ever get the patch...

you will unfortunately though this takes time.