Sign in to follow this  

Corrupt Save Files - Fix Incoming!

To confirm:

When the patch arrives it will fix the saves that have become corrupt, you will not have to start again.

In regards to why the saves are becoming corrupt, it's primarily down to an issue with tuning and car ownership that's causing some corrupt data to occur. 

I'm hoping to have an update on this for you this week.

That's great news Loore!!! Can't wait for This patch to come out so i can get back racing with my cars and make my way to the masters!!! Do we have a specific day at all???

thank you @Loore thank you thank you. watching the movie need for speed hasn't help stop my need to race :P HAHAHAHAHA come on patch update :)

Loore said:

To confirm:

When the patch arrives it will fix the saves that have become corrupt, you will not have to start again.

In regards to why the saves are becoming corrupt, it's primarily down to an issue with tuning and car ownership that's causing some corrupt data to occur. 

I'm hoping to have an update on this for you this week.

Yes!! , it will be good to know when arrives the patch just to finish my garage before the patch, LOL, the i´ll can upgrade that expensive cars glitched. At least this should be has some "advantage", don´t you?? XD

Salute.

I got full refund from retail store yesterday.  I may pick it up used for a fraction of the price in a month or two if patch is out by then and working.

Glad to hear that I'll actually get my profile back! :D

Will the patch also allow us to sell unused cars too? I remember trying to sell cars I didn't level up, but couldn't and got an error message.

Does that also mean that the game was already aware of this glitch?

All I been doing is sitting around drinking waiting for this patch for 3 weeks now and Im tired of drinking. I guess if its not here by Friday I will get my money back from MS and drink some more. BTW, Im blaming MS for this not CM.

I called Sony this morning in Belgium they never heard about any Patch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They even told me I will be refunded as I bought the game on the store with the Season Pass. So guys this is the proof Codemaster has no intention to make any patch for the PS3 and they just keeping us on the line and we pay! Clever way of making money on a short time business plan!

berre said:

I called Sony this morning in Belgium they never heard about any Patch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

berre said:

They even told me I will be refunded as I bought the game on the store with the Season Pass. So guys this is the proof Codemaster has no intention to make any patch for the PS3 and they just keeping us on the line and we pay! Clever way of making money on a short time business plan!

Hmmmm, either you are a Idiot, the person you spoke to is a idiot or we are all idiots

we are all idiots for letting codemaster treat us like this and letting them get away with this abomination they call a game... 

It could be but the facts are that no one can confirm any patch on PS3 and I've already send several mails regarding some questions to custserv@Codemasters.com and still no reaction. I even doubt there is any customers services at Codedisaster.

They had all the aces in their hands to make a good game and they screw it up with their lack of assistance.

berre said:

So guys this is the proof Codemaster has no intention to make any patch for the PS3 and they just keeping us on the line and we pay! Clever way of making money on a short time business plan!

Absolute rubbish, a patch is on the way. 

I kinda like the Idea that we are all idiots.... but not in the way you are thinking of. 

But in all seriousness, some of you here all sound like little kids, Shouting "I WANT MORE, MORE, MORE" and then throwing your dummy out the pram and having a tantrum because you cant get what you want or what you wanted is not what you expected...... Man up, cut them some slack already,

If I was making this game for you and had all this abuse in return for all my work and effort I would tell you to"sit and twist on it" and leave you to your miserable lives without a second thought.

Having a bit of respect for others can go a long way, ya'know! ;)

I would say wait and see and there will be one in the coming days not weeks you'll have my apologises, meanwhile why don't you reply to my question regarding resetting online carreer if it will affect the racenet stats?

Loore said:
berre said:

So guys this is the proof Codemaster has no intention to make any patch for the PS3 and they just keeping us on the line and we pay! Clever way of making money on a short time business plan!

Absolute rubbish, a patch is on the way. 

Now I am a big Codemasters fan, but this patch has been "on the way" for a few weeks now. Couldn't you be any less vague? I try to enjoy this game, I really do but crap like corrupt saves, the $0 giltch & numerous small bugs prevent me from doing so.

SASBlink said:

I kinda like the Idea that we are all idiots.... but not in the way you are thinking of. 

But in all seriousness, some of you here all sound like little kids, Shouting "I WANT MORE, MORE, MORE" and then throwing your dummy out the pram and having a tantrum because you cant get what you want or what you wanted is not what you expected...... Man up, cut them some slack already,

If I was making this game for you and had all this abuse in return for all my work and effort I would tell you to"sit and twist on it" and leave you to your miserable lives without a second thought.

Hey we're not kids! I'm 47 years old and I'm just fed up with unfinished products/ Let me explain: Since 7 years I'm wearing a pacemaker due to hartrithm failure. If the company that made that pacemaker would have made a pacemaker like the codies made grid autosport well I would have been dead right now. So simple as that!

this is a game, not a life saving piece of equipment. making the comparison is ridiculous. 

Btw that was not directed at you personally,  there is pages over pages of hate and abuse here.

SASBlink said:

...some of you here all sound like little kids, Shouting "I WANT MORE, MORE, MORE" and then throwing your dummy out the pram and having a tantrum because you cant get what you want...

Wrong. I don't want "more, more, more" - I only want exactly what a paid for: a game that works.

Stop attacking & insulting people who are not attacking & insulting you. Nobody is making any unreasonable demands. It's only reasonable to expect something to work when we buy it - and if it doesn't, it's only reasonable to expect a prompt remedy.

SASBlink said:

...cut them some slack already...

CodeMasters is not the "victim" here. Paying customers who can't play the game they bought are.

SASBlink said:

... If I was making this game for you and had all this abuse in return for all my work and effort I would tell you to"sit and twist on it" and leave you to your miserable lives without a second thought...

And you'd be legally put out-of-business for fraud after selling faulty goods without repairing or refunding.

SASBlink said:

...Having a bit of respect for others can go a long way, ya'know! ;)

Goes both ways. I feel like CodeMasters disrespected me by selling me such a defective product that I still can't play over a month after its release. Customers' requests for fixes started off very respectfully weeks ago, and weeks of vague claims that a console patch has "started the submission process" and is "on the way" has stretched CodeMasters' credibility too far.

SASBlink said:

I agree with you in some respects but I also fully understand the frustrations guys are having with the problems in the game. Save game issues have plagued CM games for some time and it really should have been nipped in the bud long before now. I really enjoy their games and am one of the lucky ones that has not been hit by this problem so far but mainly because I don't get to play it as much as others have done. When good money is paid for a product it should work out of the box and should have been fully tested before release and this is where CM tend to fall short. Too many problems are discovered very soon after release which should have been found by a full and comprehensive testing process. Of course people need to be patient waiting for the patches to fix these issues but you don't pay money for something to have it sat there picking up dust in the corner.

Operator1 said:

SASBlink said:

...some of you here all sound like little kids, Shouting "I WANT MORE, MORE, MORE" and then throwing your dummy out the pram and having a tantrum because you cant get what you want...

Wrong. I don't want "more, more, more" - I only want exactly what a paid for: a game that works.

If this does not apply to you when why are commenting on it then? Argumentative much? ;)

SASBlink said:

...cut them some slack already...

CodeMasters is not the "victim" here. Paying customers who can't play the game they bought are.

Actually they are not playing the victim, they are standing up and taking it on the chin which is commendable. Hence why I say that, don't put words in my mouth that I did not say.

SASBlink said:

... If I was making this game for you and had all this abuse in return for all my work and effort I would tell you to"sit and twist on it" and leave you to your miserable lives without a second thought...

And you'd be legally put out-of-business for fraud after selling faulty goods without repairing or refunding.

You are missing my point there, as usual. -_-

Operator1 said:

SASBlink said:

...Having a bit of respect for others can go a long way, ya'know! ;)

I feel like CodeMasters disrespected me by selling me such a defective product 

I'm sorry, I didn't know accidents and mistakes counted as disrespect.... -_-  Also I didn't know we were in a 60s Mafia movie, because that's what your version of respect sounds like.

Sorry Don Operator! 

This is why we can't have nice things... When game companies short-change customers, an army of trolls goes on the offensive attacking customers. Good on you, mate. You're really doing a great service for the game community.

No, I am a customer like you, only the fact is I can take a bit of salt over a few matters unlike you who vent and rage and show no respect for what others have done or tried to do.

As for trolling?  I do believe I was defending the developers  from abuse and it was you who attacked my post hoping to "shut me down" and now you accuse me of being a troll for replying and "shutting you down" and you don't like it.

I'm going to quote pulp fiction at you now. 

"if my answers scare you, then you should stop asking scary questions"