Sign in to follow this  

Corrupt Save Files - Fix Incoming!

I am fully aware of that "pressures of all call centre". My problem is what if the submitted patch does not fix the issue and MS and PS reject them what do we do then? Keep waiting??????? Not happening! Boycott pending and formal complaint drafted.

As I said @SennasLovechild.  READ the previous posts where Loore has stated the patch is with MS and SONY for QA testing and has been for some time, According to other poster's here this process can take several weeks to get done, CM have no say or input on this process so complain to your console manufacturer and stop attacking people offering advice or information.

Yes you have a right to complain but, without checking the information to hand in the thread already, ranting at other people who try to enlighten you to the FACTS makes you look like a child.

erm I did read them but the people who initially made the complaints are still working ultimately waiting for a fix. Regardless if its Microsoft or PlayStation obviously the issue is code masters fault and no one else's. If it takes MS and PS a month to push these through then code masters might want to test games properly before releasing them and by testing I mean 3 months plus not 1 week or whatever procedure is in place with the grid team. As I mentioned earlier F1 is made in the same building and probably by the same team so why the massive contrast in the quality of the 2.

maybe they should have tested the game and applied for the sony/Microsoft patches so they would be available on the day of release, all this does is drive customers away and its working a treat. 

complaining to the console manufacturer?? omg you are on crack bro! the people who have been on codies forums since they started know whats going on and no doubt about it these forums will be closed down when the next/same major faults/bugs arise, its easier for them to do that than just say "sorry" which I have still to hear from anybody from codies. and to loore and hatta who will argue that's not the case how come codies said the forums shut down because the forum supplier contract had run its course yet there was not a single mention of it to anybody in the weeks and months before it was shut down? surely someone on the admin/mods list on the forums knew what was about to happen but again we were left in the dark.

As I said @SennasLovechild.  READ the previous posts where Loore has stated the patch is with MS and SONY for QA testing and has been for some time, According to other poster's here this process can take several weeks to get done, CM have no say or input on this process so complain to your console manufacturer and stop attacking people offering advice or information.

Yes you have a right to complain but, without checking the information to hand in the thread already, ranting at other people who try to enlighten you to the FACTS makes you look like a child.

What makes you look like a child is swallowing information from a 'Community Manager' who either volunteers for the 'prestige' or is so low on the food chain that they make mod the forums.

As every minute passes my frustration is building, I have waited 12 months for F1 2014 and to be honest I think I'm gonna pass and sell my 360 and get a PS with Gran Turismo after this Grid debacle, you never hear of Polyphony having issues like this.

As every minute passes my frustration is building, I have waited 12 months for F1 2014 and to be honest I think I'm gonna pass and sell my 360 and get a PS with Gran Turismo after this Grid debacle, you never hear of Polyphony having issues like this.

If I were you I would buy a PS4 in order to play Project Cars because Gran Turismo is even worse!

Thanks will look into that

If I were you I would buy a PS4 in order to play Project Cars because Gran Turismo is even worse!

@Loore‌ 

Can you confirm that mirrors are no longer being included the console patch despite earlier promises the contrary? 

Cleomenes said:

What makes you look like a child is swallowing information from a 'Community Manager' who either volunteers for the 'prestige' or is so low on the food chain that they make mod the forums.

Careful, I won't tolerate personal attacks. For what it's worth 'moderating the forums' is only one of a handful of things. I work across a lot of different teams, from the designers, RaceNet, all over the place. The Community team at Codemasters is deeply integrated into all areas of game development, a forum mod we are not.

@Loore‌ 

Can you confirm that mirrors are no longer being included the console patch despite earlier promises the contrary? 

I don't think mirrors were ever promised for consoles, it's always been a PC only thing due to the performance implications they cause.

@Loore can you please confirm that somebody at code masters actually understands the seriousness of this situation.

Yes, everyone is fully aware, I shout enough about it on a daily basis. Unfortunately some things can't be rushed.

Loore said:
Cleomenes said:

Careful, I won't tolerate personal attacks. For what it's worth 'moderating the forums' is only one of a handful of things. I work across a lot of different teams, from the designers, RaceNet, all over the place. The Community team at Codemasters is deeply integrated into all areas of game development, a forum mod we are not.

@Loore‌ 

I don't think mirrors were ever promised for consoles, it's always been a PC only thing due to the performance implications they cause.

@Loore can you please confirm that somebody at code masters actually understands the seriousness of this situation.

Yes, everyone is fully aware, I shout enough about it on a daily basis. Unfortunately some things can't be rushed.

We were supposed to be getting virtual mirrors as far as understood it. Can't remember whether it was here or on the Grid Twitter that it was mentioned but guess it's a moot point now you have confirmed they are not to be included :( 

iuLoore said:
Cleomenes said:

@Loore‌ 

some things can't be rushed well the game was and that's why codeshafters is in this shlt 

a patch cant be rushed? yet the release of the game must have been- most other developers would have taken the time to see what errors could occur, and fix them, BEFORE the official release to the public. which looks worse- "sorry, we have to delay the release a week or two due to errors seen in beta testing", or "sorry, you have to wait about a month and a half because we didnt fix an issue and the patch takes time" 

either way you lose customers, but i assure you, you would be making more money if you solved the issue before releasing the game. 

@Loore

You have many words but few reactions at Codemasters

Many players have lost hours of play in a few seconds.

Your first post dated almost a month and it is shameful

In addition the worst thing is not the first time this has happened!

It makes you wonder if you test the games before they are released, and I highly doubt

Ok, I just got the ever popular corrupt file save! Can I start a new save and still play? What happens to my stats?

BobA1001 said:

Ok, I just got the ever popular corrupt file save! Can I start a new save and still play? What happens to my stats?

Join the club! I propose we start a new Racing Club on Racenet: Corrupted Code-Masters! And instead of patching it for consoles they just announced they will reveal F1 2014 tomorrow. If that isn't laughing at us...

berre said:
BobA1001 said:

Join the club! I propose we start a new Racing Club on Racenet: Corrupted Code-Masters! And instead of patching it for consoles they just announced they will reveal F1 2014 tomorrow. If that isn't laughing at us...

F1 is developed in our Birmingham studio, GRID and DiRT in our Southam HQ, two separate teams.

wondering if i create a new game save as the game asks? I assume I loose all my progression to date then? and if I do a new save, can the patch save the old data?

BobA1001 said:

wondering if i create a new game save as the game asks? I assume I loose all my progression to date then? and if I do a new save, can the patch save the old data?

If you overwrite the save file there's no way to get it back, even when the patch arrives.

BobA1001 said:

Throw your data on a flash drive, and when the patch arrives, put it back onto the system. In the meantime, you can start fresh. If you're playing online, just stick to loaners. I have over 400 races only driving loaners and the Golf given to you at the start, and I haven't had problems yet. 

Thank you! The game will not load/start unless I do a new save. I was able to save my profile information onto a USB. If I understand you correctly, I just follow the games order to me to start a new save and continue playing? When the patch comes out my profile save can be restored then?