Sign in to follow this  

Corrupt Save Files - Fix Incoming!

TUSMBOX said:
BobA1001 said:

wondering if i create a new game save as the game asks? I assume I loose all my progression to date then? and if I do a new save, can the patch save the old data?

Throw your data on a flash drive, and when the patch arrives, put it back onto the system. In the meantime, you can start fresh. If you're playing online, just stick to loaners. I have over 400 races only driving loaners and the Golf given to you at the start, and I haven't had problems yet. 

I don't get it? Why start over and keep playing the game and when patch comes up, you put your old file back in, and all the new stats are gone? They won't be added in, or am I missing something here?

If you're corrupted at level, say 150, and you start fresh, and the patch comes out and you're level 40, reloading the old, corrupted data will bring you back to 150 with all your old cars intact. Of course, if you feel as though you don't want to use the old data for whatever reason, then don't. Honestly, I wish we didn't have to go through all these measures just to play the game, but at least we have some options.

what's the point of saving the corrupt file by the time the patch comes out at Christmas next year you will be a higher level any way and who to say the patch will fix this cr4p

@Loore, I'm with the earlier poster in that I specifically remember a post promising virtual mirrors in a console patch. I'll try to dig it up if I can. But, apparently, it was vague enough that you can now claim it was "PC only" with some semblance of evidence or it was an outright lie. Either way, once I find it, I hope it's the former. And if it is, please try and be more specific. Corrupt files aside, I think it's plain to 90% of serious gamers and reviewers that missing mirrors and missing pit stops were a major oversight in GRID Autosport. But oh well. I still appreciate your effort. Didn't quite hit it out of the park, but a solid stand up double. Shame though, since a few patches that are obviously viable (except for maybe pit stops) could make it a solid triple in baseball-speak.

Oh. Found it. Here is your post from a July 24th post:

We're committed to making Autosport the best game it can be, unfortunately we can't do everything but what we can do, we do. We've already patched the game multiple times on PC (thanks to the easier patching process) and once on Xbox 360, we're also about to add in new features based on Community feedback; things like a rear view mirror and opening up the advanced controller options for all. We're making multiplayer playlist changes based on feedback we've received from the player base, and we're also prototyping new camera views for bumper and chase, again, based on Community feedback.

Currently we've got another PC patch getting ready to be deployed and the console patches are starting their submission process, I don't have any exact dates as largely once a patch enters submission it's up to Sony and Microsoft, it could be a few days, it could be a week or so, but as soon as we hear anything we'll let you know.

I think any rational reader would and could infer that you were bringing mirrors to consoles, like you should. I understand why companies oversell and over-promise to get consumers to buy, but we also have memories too. You did a good job here and really nail F1, but I'm going to be a little more wary of the promises CM makes from now on.

Loore said:
berre said:
BobA1001 said:

Ok, I just got the ever popular corrupt file save! Can I start a new save and still play? What happens to my stats?

Join the club! I propose we start a new Racing Club on Racenet: Corrupted Code-Masters! And instead of patching it for consoles they just announced they will reveal F1 2014 tomorrow. If that isn't laughing at us...

F1 is developed in our Birmingham studio, GRID and DiRT in our Southam HQ, two separate teams.

Oh but this! This simple quote says so much. Truer words have never been spoken and mean so much more than they state.

(You really need to sack Southam and let Birmingham triple in size, with each employee picking two more he wants aboard, and then make real non-F1 racing games)

Finally this morning I decided to overwrite my data, I played one race and my car got wrecked so the game got reboxed and ready to trade

If you're British just take it back to the store under the sales of goods act....I bought mine online...No refund for me....I got CodeShafted.

I also see we have a flip flop on the rear view mirrors. PC only because of limitations? Well, funny, because my mirrors on F1 2013 on Xbox work just fine, and theres TWO of those.

I just don't believe a word they say anymore.

Lost the reciept because I'm a knob so game get a free go on my ass as well! Nothing but a ball ache this game worst grid so far CODEMASTERS hang your head in shame!!!!

Finally this morning I decided to overwrite my data, I played one race and my car got wrecked so the game got reboxed and ready to trade

If you're British just take it back to the store under the sales of goods act....I bought mine online...No refund for me....I got CodeShafted.

I also see we have a flip flop on the rear view mirrors. PC only because of limitations? Well, funny, because my mirrors on F1 2013 on Xbox work just fine, and theres TWO of those.

I just don't believe a word they say anymore.

@Loore

Unfortunately I got corrupted save file message today twice while trying to play GRID Autosport on my PS3 system... First time I was able to copy an earlier PS3 save file to my system (I always back up GRID save files since the issues and headaches in the past), start the game and continue my offline career... Upon logging off, I made a back up again and shut the system off... Just now I tried to play it again but this time no luck... What would be the course of action from here?

1) Can I email my PS3 save file to you so you can fix it? 

2) Should I wait for the fix? and Is the patch coming out anytime soon?

3) Can I have a refund for my PSN digital version of the game and how do I proceed?

4) Should I ever consider purchasing GRID games again?

I hope to hear from you soon... Thanks and regards...

I dont think @loore (community manager)  can answer everyones questions all the time. Click his name and few his recent comments for info he has given in the past on the matter. :)

I just logged in via my GF's account to play on-line...only 6 races going...OUCH! Hope it's just a slow day.

7-31-2014, I was trying to play online and Game was freezing after every Online Race if I was in my own car. Finally after the 5th or 6th Freeze it just told me Save Data Corrupt.  :\ I won't be playing again until the Patch is released. 

Wow, this thing is going down in flames it seems. Wonder what really happened? Have to say I'm still able to play, but with no mirrors and no patch on the horizon, I'm not sure how long that will last.

@Loore said we would have some definitive information on the console patch this week. I guess that means today. Unless all those recent edits to his patch posts have deleted any references to "this week" or similar. Or was he just talking about the PC patch and forgot to distinguish again? This is getting old. Seems like some information is not asking too much but apparently it is on the 360, for whatever reason. Appreciate the effort, but back to F1 for now.

well, still no update on the patch for ps3 and the xbox 360, these things hapen as time frames do slip and do no get cross with codemasters, it out of thier hands

im still waiting for actual proof that the patch has been sent to microscam and sony. what i have seen is multiple claims at different times that the patchcwas just sent, which usually means it was intended to happen but didnt, someone doesnt have all the info, or both. it has been over a month since my first corrupt gamesave, and still nothing. i have never played a game with such a major issue left unsolved for so long. too bad we cant get a full refund in america, all i can do is bring it back for half its value store credit, or $5 trade in value... what a waste of $50! 

I've logged to to MP for the last two days on my GF's account and noticed that there is only 5-6 races going. It looks like with no patch or repair cost complaints being addressed yet that people are just giving up on MP. I wonder what new people coming to the game and going to Multi-Player are thinking when they see a game, recently released, that they just bought having so few players in one of the major features lauded in the game? I hope that CM can put some kind of fire under the rear ends of MS & Sony to expedite the patches and get things resolved soon!

So its now 2 weeks awaiting a patch only to be told off customer services it could be another week NOT F'IN ACCEPTABLE 

September will be too late, everyone will have gone to Destiny and Forza Horizon 2.

been talking of a fix for a month.
lets just say codemasters has probably lost quite a bit of activity to this issue.
there will most likely be no reward for waiting out your game corruption...so as far as im concerned, id like my money back until the game actually works. 
Thanks.

Im calling M$ tomorrow to get all my money back for this game and Im going to tell them that they suck cause people have been waiting for almost a month for the update. Just cause they chosed down their game studio dont mean we have to wait. Good Bye 4ever