Sign in to follow this  

Corrupt Save Files - Fix Incoming!

So its now 2 weeks awaiting a patch only to be told off customer services it could be another week NOT F'IN ACCEPTABLE 

September will be too late, everyone will have gone to Destiny and Forza Horizon 2.

Forza Horizon 2 - I dont think so.  

Horizon sucks BIG TIME.  

Forza 4 or 5, but NOoooooooooooooooo to open world racing.  

what probably happened is codemasters sent patch to sony on about july 10 and sony rejected it . So codies reworked it and sent it back july 26 so if it works we should get patch next week. Codies need to man up and take the heat and not blame sony  

How can you be so incapable?

it haunts me now for years!!!

F1 2011
F1 2012
Dirt Showdown
Grid2
Grid Autosport

Code master if you can nothing but are their world champion!

only with you, there are these incidents!

to buy themselves race game from Codemasters you can bet that the corrupt save file come back

How can you be so stupid and incapable?

can you look in the mirror? or in my eyes?

codemaster you're the laughing stock among game developers.

I want to have my money back!

I didn't say anything to years. Now it is enough

If you're just a little fair then you do it

or tell me how it works again!

i have a xbox360

I just had a update for grid 3, but it did not fix my saves so yeah.... not the update i wanted :(

SASBlink said:

I just had a update for grid 3, but it did not fix my saves so yeah.... not the update i wanted :(

Must be the patch no?  Did you overwrite your save file and start from scratch, or you talking about your backup file from the USB?

SASBlink said:

I keep getting a 4 MB updated i've had it 3 times now. hope the update comes next week :) trying to keep hopes high :)

32 days and waiting. I love Codemasters racing games however this is not acceptable. With Forza Horizon 2 and Project Cars around the corner my dollars will be going elsewhere. I have long been a defender of Codemasters throughout the GRID unobtainable achievements, the disaster of DiRT 3 and the b@llsh*t NA users went through with F12013 . . . your games ROCK . . . your customer service S%CKS. My expendable cash goes elsewhere.

I understand you all impainet for news but I think codemasters hands are tied until Sony and Microsoft says its ok to release the patch. 

oscarhmj said:

@Loore

Unfortunately I got corrupted save file message today twice while trying to play GRID Autosport on my PS3 system... First time I was able to copy an earlier PS3 save file to my system (I always back up GRID save files since the issues and headaches in the past), start the game and continue my offline career... Upon logging off, I made a back up again and shut the system off... Just now I tried to play it again but this time no luck... What would be the course of action from here?

1) Can I email my PS3 save file to you so you can fix it? 

2) Should I wait for the fix? and Is the patch coming out anytime soon?

3) Can I have a refund for my PSN digital version of the game and how do I proceed?

4) Should I ever consider purchasing GRID games again?

I hope to hear from you soon... Thanks and regards...

I contacted SONY to report what was going on and to ask for a full refund to what they told me they would come back to me within 7 business days with an answer... Surprisingly (or not) I just got an email from SONY and I will get full refund just need to wait for the credit to show in my wallet (I purchased the digital version of the game from the PSN store)... I'll keep you updated... If Codemasters ever release the PS3 patch correcting the save file corruption problem and I hear from you guys that it really effectively works, then (and only then) I will consider coming back...

I understand you all impainet for news but I think codemasters hands are tied until Sony and Microsoft says its ok to release the patch. 

Judging by this LONG standing issue with corrupt saves I'm starting to think their hands were actually physically tied when coding this game...typing with their noses and wearing blindfolds.

This is absolutely inexcusable.  To all the codies taking offense to people on these forums trashing on you I say:  you should be offended.  It should make you downright upset that your company allowed a sub-par product to leave the development office.  You need to realise that all of these people who are trashing you are your customers--the single reason you still have jobs.  We have been here supporting your inferior product under the hopes that you might actually change.  Judging by the clear lack of response to concerns, and responses that are finally made being VAGUE PR SPEACH I can see that isn't gonna happen.

AntBanks said:

Judging by this LONG standing issue with corrupt saves I'm starting to think their hands were actually physically tied when coding this game...typing with their noses and wearing blindfolds.

This is absolutely inexcusable.  To all the codies taking offense to people on these forums trashing on you I say:  you should be offended.  It should make you downright upset that your company allowed a sub-par product to leave the development office.  You need to realise that all of these people who are trashing you are your customers--the single reason you still have jobs.  We have been here supporting your inferior product under the hopes that you might actually change.  Judging by the clear lack of response to concerns, and responses that are finally made being VAGUE PR SPEACH I can see that isn't gonna happen.

Hold your horses, the world isn't coming to an end yet. I know it's shitty waiting for this patch and especially shitty if it happens to you and you didn't make a backup on USB. GAS stays a great game though and i am perfectly willing to avoid my online cars for the time being seeing that is what seems to cause these save corrupts. I've also read some useful tips in this thread of what to do if it happens (sell the bugged online cars),and people seemed to be able to play without the issue occuring again.

Yawn Yawn another week goes by and still no information from Disaster-master about when this elusive fix is coming. Soon they say.......soon.

nickoss said:

Yawn Yawn another week goes by and still no information from Disaster-master about when this elusive fix is coming. Soon they say.......soon.

well it is their favourite word at the moment :p

You can add me to the list of users who have been affected by the save file corruption. The online racing club I belong to (albeit a small group with 8 members) is now in a state of frozen suspension. Each and every member has stopped playing due to this save file bug.

What is most disappointing is not enjoying our club races which we did on a nightly basis. Man, we had some great times racing against the very hard AI and all members agreed this was the most fun we had in any online racing club to date. Yup, those were the good times although it only lasted 2 weeks from release date.

Will be looking forward to ANY news on a console patch release as I really miss the fantastic racing competition amongst friends that GAS delivered......well, once delivered. 

Ughh!!! Just got #2... 121 races in first one and restarted profile. Thought everything was fixed cuz 224 races in to profile #2 no problems! Fix this please!! Great game but cmon!! CM you have fans but you are screwing us royally!!!!!!

Sooooo I bought Auto sport for £37 quid, I took it to trade because this patch is never coming and Game offered me £15. Looks like Game are also aware that the game is not worth the disc its burnt on too. I would love to hear a code masters response to this.

Sooooo I bought Auto sport for £37 quid, I took it to trade because this patch is never coming and Game offered me £15. Looks like Game are also aware that the game is not worth the disc its burnt on too. I would love to hear a code masters response to this.

Game have been offering new Black Edition for £26-99 for over a week now so I'm not surprised at the low price being offered for used copies.

They can't even give it away @Loore prepare for that P45 pal 

Game have been offering new Black Edition for £26-99 for over a week now so I'm not surprised at the low price being offered for used copies.

Why do people act like this is such a rare thing in the gaming market? A new game trade in value has never been more than half of it's original value. I don't know if any of you know this, but places like GameStop don't make much money from new game sales. Most of their profit comes from the resale of used games. That's why they buy low, and sell high. This is nothing new in this market, so please stop trying to act like this is the only game that you've seen this with. 

And waiting a month for a game to be fixed is acceptable, I bought a product I expect it to work NOT TO BE TOLD YES WE WILL FIX IT BUT DONT KNOW WHEN. GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR BOTTOM THIS BUG WILL NEVER BE FIXED

TUSMBOX said:

Why do people act like this is such a rare thing in the gaming market? A new game trade in value has never been more than half of it's original value. I don't know if any of you know this, but places like GameStop don't make much money from new game sales. Most of their profit comes from the resale of used games. That's why they buy low, and sell high. This is nothing new in this market, so please stop trying to act like this is the only game that you've seen this with. 

Those are two completely different, unrelated problems from two entirely different companies.