Sign in to follow this  

Corrupt Save Files - Fix Incoming!

Perhaps but Sony or Microsoft wouldn't be holding the patch up if there was nothing to be patched in the first place at the end of the day code masters made a faulty product and I hope the southam division gets what's coming to them.

TUSMBOX said:
BobA1001 said:

wondering if i create a new game save as the game asks? I assume I loose all my progression to date then? and if I do a new save, can the patch save the old data?

Throw your data on a flash drive, and when the patch arrives, put it back onto the system. In the meantime, you can start fresh. If you're playing online, just stick to loaners. I have over 400 races only driving loaners and the Golf given to you at the start, and I haven't had problems yet. 

I don't get it? Why start over and keep playing the game and when patch comes up, you put your old file back in, and all the new stats are gone? They won't be added in, or am I missing something here?

TUSMBOX said:
BobA1001 said:

wondering if i create a new game save as the game asks? I assume I loose all my progression to date then? and if I do a new save, can the patch save the old data?

Throw your data on a flash drive, and when the patch arrives, put it back onto the system. In the meantime, you can start fresh. If you're playing online, just stick to loaners. I have over 400 races only driving loaners and the Golf given to you at the start, and I haven't had problems yet. 

I don't get it? Why start over and keep playing the game and when patch comes up, you put your old file back in, and all the new stats are gone? They won't be added in, or am I missing something here?

i was level 94 when mine corrupted,  had 6 cars over level 40 an 2 of em were over 50  an its already deleted an gone an now im back to lvl 65. i had saved back-ups on my other profiles an luckily i did becuase it corrupted the data again an now everytime i go to my save that still works, it'll let me play but then anytime i shut it off an resave it, it corrupts the data again an again...is it something to do with a certain car i own or maybe all the times the games wants to save after u repair or upgrade it wants to save over an over, come on  why cant it just wait an save ur changes at the end of the race like everything does?.. Im feeling too good about a fix neither since they've been workin on it since the first of july an here it is Aug. 4TH   come on guys, find us a fix or give us a dang REFUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I love the grid games with a passion an if it doesnt get fixed  yall will lose alot of business.. nobody wants to keep playin a game that u have to restart every few days. Thanks for ur help an please dont leave us hanging here.

i think there might be an update on the patch progress this week (maybe tommorow) as its getting late in the day for an update today,  

BigT09009 said:

i was level 94 when mine corrupted,  had 6 cars over level 40 an 2 of em were over 50  an its already deleted an gone an now im back to lvl 65. i had saved back-ups on my other profiles an luckily i did becuase it corrupted the data again an now everytime i go to my save that still works, it'll let me play but then anytime i shut it off an resave it, it corrupts the data again an again...is it something to do with a certain car i own or maybe all the times the games wants to save after u repair or upgrade it wants to save over an over, come on  why cant it just wait an save ur changes at the end of the race like everything does?.. Im feeling too good about a fix neither since they've been workin on it since the first of july an here it is Aug. 4TH   come on guys, find us a fix or give us a dang REFUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I love the grid games with a passion an if it doesnt get fixed  yall will lose alot of business.. nobody wants to keep playin a game that u have to restart every few days. Thanks for ur help an please dont leave us hanging here.

For affected people, read this:

"It's possible to by pass this savefile corruption by selling the cars which have an insane value, for example: if your Peugeot 408 SCB costed 150,000$ when you bought it and now somehow it sells for 4,000,000$, imediatly sell it.

Another suggestion is:

1. Avoid upgrading and tuning your cars during a lobby, do that ONLY in your garage.
  2. If you play racenet challenges, avoid using your own car during an event, it can corrupt your savefile so just use the loan car.
I managed to get an old backup before my savefile corruption, I followed this exact steps and now have been playing for over 2 weeks without any issue."

misterdog said:

"It's possible to by pass this savefile corruption by selling the cars which have an insane value, for example: if your Peugeot 408 SCB costed 150,000$ when you bought it and now somehow it sells for 4,000,000$, imediatly sell it.

Another suggestion is:

1. Avoid upgrading and tuning your cars during a lobby, do that ONLY in your garage.
  2. If you play racenet challenges, avoid using your own car during an event, it can corrupt your savefile so just use the loan car.
I managed to get an old backup before my savefile corruption, I followed this exact steps and now have been playing for over 2 weeks without any issue."

I've done this from the beginning and still, have already 4 corrupt files on PS3. Codemaster, Master of buggy Codes. What waste of opportunity. Such a potential in that game.... pure waste, pure fast moneymaking. Who would like to waste another 70 bucks in their lousy F1 2014 & 2015. Codemaster has just joined Polyphony, another studio which goal is only to screw gamers.

berre said:
misterdog said:

Another suggestion is:

I've done this from the beginning and still, have already 4 corrupt files on PS3.

I don't understand as most people say this is the trick and afterwards it worked fine. You sure you did everything as stated above, and can you explain when your save corrupts again afterwards?

Another week without a console patch for Grid AutoSport's corrupt saves?

Another week of:
"...patch is on the way?"
"...patch has started the submission process?"
"...hoping to announce some patch news soon?"

Another week of announcements for other upcoming releases & DLC while Grid AutoSport remains defectively unplayable for many (maybe most) Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3 customers?

Grid AutoSport was released 6 weeks ago & its corrupt save issue was announced over a month ago. I haven't even seen any kind of apology, or the slightest show of remorse, or any sense of urgency from CodeMasters regarding this game-breaking bug. It's just been: "there's an issue & we'll let you know when we fix it... hey, look over there - go buy some other DLC & games we're selling!"

I'm not making unreasonable demands & I don't have impossibly high standards for "perfection" - I just want the game I paid for to work. After years of making numerous racing games, there's no reason for CodeMasters to be shipping broken games with such fundamental problems.

@Loore: 
CodeMasters needs to do better than perpetually brushing off critical patch inquiries with vague dismissals. This is an awful way to treat customers & it will tarnish CodeMasters' reputation for years to come. Why should I ever buy (much less pre-order or recommend) anything from CodeMasters again if this is the kind of launch quality & post-launch support I can expect? Would you?

An issue was found last week which we fixed so we're just waiting on the release date. As always as soon as I hear anything you'll be the first to know.

@Operator1 There's always room for improvement and we'll continue to strive to achieve that. Rest assured that all the feedback given to this is being presented to everyone.

@Operator1‌ if that isn't a brush off I don't know what is

@Loore I have already got rid  of this pile of excrement but I suggest you get your house in order before its too late

Loore said:

An issue was found last week which we fixed so we're just waiting on the release date. As always as soon as I hear anything you'll be the first to know.

@Operator1 There's always room for improvement and we'll continue to strive to achieve that. Rest assured that all the feedback given to this is being presented to everyone.

When was the patch passed to Microsoft  Loore?

Surely you can answer that question.

He could answer that question if it had of been passed to Microsoft but lets all stop kidding ourselves here, it hasn't been. The people who continually blame MS/Sony need to wake and realise what's really going on.

Oh and Loore might as well just stop posting, I've never seen someone type so much without actually saying anything.

I've given up on waiting. I'm buying my Xbox One today.

I can guarantee that "Grid 3" or whatever Codemaster's Next-Gen Game is won't be on my 'to-get' list though since I've been waiting a whole friggin' month to resume playing GAS and I'm still at an impasse over something that should have been fixed within a week.

No offense to Loore but I've just run out of patience over this whole farce. Perhaps you should consider some proper closed-beta testing like what games such as The Crew and Destiny did to ensure that there are no major multiplayer issues like this in the future ...

Es ist schon schlimm, wenn man für etwas Geld ausgibt, was dann nicht funktioniert.

Ich habe das Spiel (GRID Autosport) 3 mal angefangen und immer wenn ich schon einen hohen Level erreicht habe wird mir angezeigt, dass meine Speicherdaten beschädigt sind. Auch die auf den USB-Sticks gespeicherten Daten sind defekt und nicht mehr zu verwenden.

Werde wieder auf die vorhandenen GT6 und Forza Spiele zurück greifen, die funktionieren wenigstens ohne Probleme.

Ob ich jemals wieder ein Codemasters-Spiel kaufe ist sehr unwahrscheinlich.

Gruß,

helmut-j (derdingo)

So Its Tuesday which is patch day for Xbox. 

No patch. thats another week of waiting.

Im out. Gonna e-mail MS see if I cant get a refund. Im not hopeful.

TheHemps said:

So Its Tuesday which is patch day for Xbox. 

No patch. thats another week of waiting.

Im out. Gonna e-mail MS see if I cant get a refund. Im not hopeful.

Patches can release any day of the week, they aren't restricted to a Tuesday.

Just a heads up but I've heard things are progressing nicely and I'm hopeful that the release should soon follow. As soon as the dates have been confirmed by both Microsoft and Sony I'll let you know.

We had an issue last week which was brought up but has since been fixed and things are now back on target. Again, deeply apologize for the delay in getting this out to you but we're hoping you'll soon be back on track.

Loore is that the best explanation you can give..........I've asked the question when did the patch get passed to  Microsoft and Sony, yet you are unable to clarify this.

Soon. Winter is soon.

What a shocking state of affair