Sign in to follow this  

Corrupt Save Files - Fix Incoming!

Wasn't saying I had my old cars, as I don't, I meant I built up a set of different cars to test them when modded up rather than rage, sulk, insult and abuse CM and others just because they make a SUGGESTION for something to do before the fix goes live!

This week I got the rewards from the 1st set of racenet events (615k) but the new save got the cash and XP not the corrupted one. I never ran the old challenges on the new save, so I used the money and bought most of the cars for this weeks set of challenges. 

So you can use one save for the events and when they are over (and the fix for corrupted save has been applied), you'd be able to log in to racenet on your original save and this weeks racenet awards will got there and not on the new save.

I didn't have ANY of these "new cars" on the other save. So in the long run I'll be able to build up a garage of the best cars in each class on my primary save because I will have tested them all fully modded and upgraded. Having a maximum garage capacity of 30 (35 with the season pass), you can't own all the cars so, I won't be dumping the new save I'll just keep both open and if I want to race any of the other cars I have no spaces for, I just need to switch to the other save as all saves are still linked to my racenet account.

Yes each saves MP levels will be different but, I don't mind as the fix IS being tested so moaning about it is pointless as it's on the way.

You totally missed the point about racenet, ALL your save profiles are linked to your racenet account, while I've been playing on the new save I have STILL been able to earn cash and xp for the the racenet club, I also still received the racenet bonuses on the new save when ALL the times set were done using the old corrupted one.

As for your angry rant about what the hell has my post got to do with corrupted saves, I'm pointing out there IS an alternative to pulling your hair out ranting at CM and others just because your p****d off at losing a save.

If the suggestion isn't to your taste there's no need to take it out on me for making a suggestion!

Well I think you took me out of context because I wasn't going off on you bud, I was just asking you a question... I've been gaming for a lot of years so this stuff is nothing new to me but when developers overlook a problem that happened with the last game of the series that was released then they deserve an ear full... Especially when we are ALL paying good money for these games!

i wouldnt suggest the issue was overlooked, no developer wants bugs to be turning players away from the game. what i would suggest is they have had a team on the issue in grid 2, were unsuccessful in finding the issue, and hoped they wouldnt have a repeat in grid autosport. now we are in the same holding cycle where those who like their gamesaves can only wait for the patch to come out. which it should, myself and half a dozen others are now sidelined, and personally i wont buy dlc if my game isnt working, no point, and if i cant restore my progress soon, ill end up selling the game, i have put alot of time into the game already, made quite a few friends, and i dont have the time to rebuild my garage, which is maxed out for my level (in the 80s). i never had this kind of issue in the first grid, nor did i have ANY issue in that game. i can only hope codemasters can do what they need to do to bring grid autosport to a level where we arent suffering from stupid issues that force us to wait, or reset.

alexPSCE said:
i wouldnt suggest the issue was overlooked, no developer wants bugs to be turning players away from the game. what i would suggest is they have had a team on the issue in grid 2, were unsuccessful in finding the issue, and hoped they wouldnt have a repeat in grid autosport. now we are in the same holding cycle where those who like their gamesaves can only wait for the patch to come out. which it should, myself and half a dozen others are now sidelined, and personally i wont buy dlc if my game isnt working, no point, and if i cant restore my progress soon, ill end up selling the game, i have put alot of time into the game already, made quite a few friends, and i dont have the time to rebuild my garage, which is maxed out for my level (in the 80s). i never had this kind of issue in the first grid, nor did i have ANY issue in that game. i can only hope codemasters can do what they need to do to bring grid autosport to a level where we arent suffering from stupid issues that force us to wait, or reset.

Well sorry but I disagree with you on the fact that it wasn't overlooked because the game has more bugs than just the corruption issues... Like sometimes the entire grid doesn't start the race and therefor the race never ends, or at the end of the race the screen just goes black and forces a hard reset of your system, or the system just completely freezes, or it takes a very long time to go to the xp awards screen after the race does end... The game was not ready for release and definitely wasn't tested to the extent that it needed to be before releasing it to the public... Sometimes it makes me wonder if development teams even test these games on the consoles that they are selling it for, or just test it on a PC and then reformat the game for consoles expecting it to be flawless... I was looking forward to playing this game and having a great time with it because overall grid is a GREAT series but all I have had are problems and frustrations so far, so yea I'm disappointed and a bit pissed off lol.

Thing is, have you reported all these issues? I have, I also helped by sending in my save file so they could see the problem directly.

Rather than rant about it, report the problem or how they gonna fix it? The more information CM get from us the sooner the faults get fixed and the sooner we can get on with playing.

All new titles have bugs, why not this one?? 

Thing is, have you reported all these issues? I have, I also helped by sending in my save file so they could see the problem directly.

Rather than rant about it, report the problem or how they gonna fix it? The more information CM get from us the sooner the faults get fixed and the sooner we can get on with playing.

How am I supposed to send an xbox save file in though? I've got it on my USB stick though. My corrupted save, I mean.

Thanks, just sent them my save.

TheKazzyMac said:
How am I supposed to send an xbox save file in though? I've got it on my USB stick though. My corrupted save, I mean.

Either .zip or .rar your save and upload it to mediafire and then PM one of the staff here and link them to it.

if i were to do this, would it be possible to get the save "repaired" such that i can continue my progress, or will the patch just do it anyways?

IF you READ Loores' opening post there is a fix being TESTED NOW.....

IF you READ Loores' opening post there is a fix being TESTED NOW.....

and there is NO ETA on this patch, so i would like to know how i can help speed up the process. if you have such knowledge, please share, otherwise, do bugger off, i have no need for useless trivial information i already had access to! thank you come again!

Whats the point in an ETA when it's being tested? I'd doubt there was any way TO speed up the process it's the weekend after all.

Getting offensive when people offer advice to ALL who read the forums and MAY NOT know all options available is called being helpful. 

Getting abusive is ignorance in the extreme! Not EVERYONE knows these things and some of the comments suggest people obviously DIDN'T read the initial post.

It woud apprear you =were one as Loore clearly states NO ETA yet!

Get the chip off your shoulder, you know all this already fine say so but, absolutely NO call for the crap you just gave me for trying to be helpful!

Well, considering that everyone I know has run into this problem and half of them have now stopped playing the game owing to having the last week of gameplay effectively wiped out (myself included), it's in Codemaster's best interests to inform us exactly when this patch will go live.

I for one refuse to play the game until the corrupt save glitch is fixed, because I've finished most of career mode and I am -not- going through it all again. Perhaps they should have made separate singleplayer/multiplayer game profiles. It's upsetting that I've essentially lost 100+ hours of singleplayer gameplay because of a multiplayer glitch.

It's not only bad for us players who enjoy playing the game, but bad for Codemasters because the longer they take to fix this issue, the more people are going to simply give up on the game because it's 'unplayable' or because they can't progress through it. I want to play this game. But, if it takes so long for this patch to be tested and released I'm going to simply give up on it and I guarantee that I won't be alone. The net result will be another 'empty' game service like what happened with Grid 2 a few months after launch. Codies do not need that. They need to be informing us on everything.

In fact, Loore hasn't even replied to my video describing a potentially related issue. I'm torn between being upset and angry. What happened to the feedback he was giving us pre-launch? He's been refusing to answer anything I've posted since I've unearthed the fact the AI cheat. Please, Loore, don't do what happened with Grid 2. We need feedback as much as possible. Even a guesstimate date is better than leaving us in the dark on this.

So basically owing to Microsoft/Sony's QA regime us console users have to wait until the following Tuesday to be able to play properly?

[edit]

Now even just playing Career corrupts my save file. The game is literally unfinishable. :/

Well, considering that everyone I know has run into this problem and half of them have now stopped playing the game owing to having the last week of gameplay effectively wiped out (myself included), it's in Codemaster's best interests to inform us exactly when this patch will go live.

I for one refuse to play the game until the corrupt save glitch is fixed, because I've finished most of career mode and I am -not- going through it all again. Perhaps they should have made separate singleplayer/multiplayer game profiles. It's upsetting that I've essentially lost 100+ hours of singleplayer gameplay because of a multiplayer glitch.

It's not only bad for us players who enjoy playing the game, but bad for Codemasters because the longer they take to fix this issue, the more people are going to simply give up on the game because it's 'unplayable' or because they can't progress through it. I want to play this game. But, if it takes so long for this patch to be tested and released I'm going to simply give up on it and I guarantee that I won't be alone. The net result will be another 'empty' game service like what happened with Grid 2 a few months after launch. Codies do not need that. They need to be informing us on everything.

In fact, Loore hasn't even replied to my video describing a potentially related issue. I'm torn between being upset and angry. What happened to the feedback he was giving us pre-launch? He's been refusing to answer anything I've posted since I've unearthed the fact the AI cheat. Please, Loore, don't do what happened with Grid 2. We need feedback as much as possible. Even a guesstimate date is better than leaving us in the dark on this.

I completely agree with you... Codemasters is losing a ton of money over this!!  The fact that the games save data is currently unreliable and corrupt prone is all over the forums over on PlaystationTrophies.org and I'm sure with xbox360achievements.org being it's sister site it is probably all over their forums as well.

My current fix is to just leave my PS3 on and hope that it doesn't freeze or the power goes out.

My game has just corrupted.  I know CM are sorting a fix but this shouldn't be happening especially in a game produced by a "top" developer.  It's happened to me with the last three CM titles I've bought and it's getting tiresome. It's a basic function of any game and I don't have any issues with any other games I buy except those made by CM. 

Please don't let this happen again

Current ETA for PC is end of this week all going to plan, will bring you more news as soon as I have it.

Consoles will follow after.

Loore said the fix isn't coming until late this week or next week.

That's way too long, Codies.  I'd get this out TODAY.

OnLiveTig said:

well they can't rush it otherwise the fix won't do what it's been designed  for patience is the key here

Loore said:
Current ETA for PC is end of this week all going to plan, will bring you more news as soon as I have it.

Consoles will follow after.
That's one week too long, Loore. I'm getting messages left-right-and-center on xbox live from clan-mates and friends informing everyone that they're not going to play the game until the corrupted-saves patch is released.

That's one week where the game community is going to dwindle and lose patience, and I can't guarantee they will immediately pick the game back up. People will reset their career and multiplayer progress only so many times before they say 'fudge this' and move on to another game.

I mean, I can't even play -anything- on GAS right now without my save file corrupting. Even Career. I'm at level 9 at everything except for Open Wheel. I am -not- restarting.

@Loore you're the community manager for codemasters (if not THE, you are the one that spends most time on Grid Autosport on the forums).

i wonder, what kind of compensation can players expect? I have a corrupt savegame, bought the game on pre-order in spite of my better judgement because I expected some things going wrong one way or another. Now there is a huge problem, and a lot of people across all platforms are not only losing patience but also losing effort they have put into Grid. A lot of hours and a lot of energy went into it from a lot of people. Can we expect any compensation from Codemasters because of this?

And then there is the DLC that comes out practically on release day. That feels a lot like rubbing in that Codemasters is happy to recieve our money when we buy the game and that's not even enough, no we want more money for stuff we did not include in the game itself. Talking about a season pass already before even knowing if the game is really stable and if there aren't any big issues is poor management at best.

Anyway, I digress. Core questions for me are simple:
What can we really expect from Codemasters? As in, how seriously is this being taken?
Will the savegames be "un-corrupted"? Or do we really have to start all over again?
Why in all the hells is there still no local storage for single player and online storage for multiplayer savegames?

I couldn't give a toss about my SP save being corrupted, but MP? Really?

OnLiveTig said:

well they can't rush it otherwise the fix won't do what it's been designed  for patience is the key here
How much patience are you planning on showing?  The corrupt gave save problems go back to F1 and GRID 2.  I essentially gave up on F1 2012 because of it.  It's absurd.

So far I have no corruption but I have a query ?

I keep a regular bckup of my Steam save but is this corruption totally to do with Racenet ?
I ask because if it is, and we can't backup any save there, I'll not play the game until the patch comes and hope that, that prevents a corruption happening.

Feel free to enlighten me as I'm old and sometimes get somewhat confused . . .thankee, kindly . .
~O)

OnLiveTig said:
OnLiveTig said:

How much patience are you planning on showing?  The corrupt gave save problems go back to F1 and GRID 2.  I essentially gave up on F1 2012 because of it.  It's absurd.
How long is a piece of string ? . . .
~O)

I dont think there is anything to save from racenet.
As far I can see it is just a online leaderboard with some extra's like managing raceclubs and sharing clublivery in autosport.
Not really a big deal if it is lost in my view anyway.  :)