Sign in to follow this  

Corrupt Save Files - Fix Incoming!

So far I have no corruption but I have a query ?

I keep a regular bckup of my Steam save but is this corruption totally to do with Racenet ?
I ask because if it is, and we can't backup any save there, I'll not play the game until the patch comes and hope that, that prevents a corruption happening.

Feel free to enlighten me as I'm old and sometimes get somewhat confused . . .thankee, kindly . .
~O)
Well, I have been saving a copy of the "remote" file as several people suggested and it did nothing to fix the game save corruption that I just experienced for the first time an hour ago.  Yippee!  

I keep a regular bckup of my Steam save but is this corruption totally to do with Racenet ?
I ask because if it is, and we can't backup any save there, I'll not play the game until the patch comes and hope that, that prevents a corruption happening.

Feel free to enlighten me as I'm old and sometimes get somewhat confused . . .thankee, kindly . .
~O)
Nah I'm getting corruptions from just playing singleplayer stuff now, which is a shame because I'm like three seasons away from the Grid Masters series and that sweet, sweet 130G...

UPDATE: Looks like my July 6 save works!  Only lost about 20 mp matches.  Let's see what happens when I try to load from next save.  This is quite an absurd situation, Codies.

Just loaded up the game & my save data is corrupt, I was level 91 with 14 cars & certainly won't be starting again from scratch.
When is this issue going to be fixed? It's 5 days since the OP & this is still happening,
I have spent £40 on a game I am unable to play till this gets sorted & have wasted 10 days playing as well.
Are CM planning on any compensation for players unable to play the game due to their apparent inability to fix this issue?
I very much doubt it.

~O)
Nah I'm getting corruptions from just playing singleplayer stuff now, which is a shame because I'm like three seasons away from the Grid Masters series and that sweet, sweet 130G...
So, the best course of action is to save on a regular basis from: Steam/userdata/36427467/255220 . . .yes ?
~O)

My game got corrupted / damaged just now , 44 Hours of gameplay and Lvl 81 ... so yeah, pretty pissed 

AlkWoody said:
My game got corrupted / damaged just now , 44 Hours of gameplay and Lvl 81 ... so yeah, pretty pissed 

Join the club bro... I lost a level 190 save.

I'd say I can't believe that they aren't rushing the patch but then again we are talking about THEM spending money to release the patch so why would they rush that????

If this was a Call of Duty game or some game along those kinds of lines with a great reputation, I guarantee that we would have seen a live patch last week.

Oh well, I've done enough bitching in this pointless thread and this will definitely be the last time I get screwed by this company!

AlkWoody said:

I'd say I can't believe that they aren't rushing the patch but then again we are talking about THEM spending money to release the patch so why would they rush that????

If this was a Call of Duty game or some game along those kinds of lines with a great reputation, I guarantee that we would have seen a live patch last week.

Oh well, I've done enough bitching in this pointless thread and this will definitely be the last time I get screwed by this company!

Don't forget how ridiculously big Activision is compared to Codemasters....

AlkWoody said:

Don't forget how ridiculously big Activision is compared to Codemasters....

Well they need to change the company name is all I know... They call themselves "CODEmasters" but yet they can never seem to get the coding right in the games they release...

Why is everyone avoiding the " backup on a regular basis " question . . . I'm beginning to think I have the wrong idea in doing so as this has nothing to do with the problem so many are suffering . . . 
~O)

Why is everyone avoiding the " backup on a regular basis " question . . . I'm beginning to think I have the wrong idea in doing so as this has nothing to do with the problem so many are suffering . . . 
~O)

Yes you need to back your save up on a regular basis but make sure that you use 2 USB sticks and keep them labeled or something because if you only use 1 then chances are your going to overwrite a good save with a bad save because you wont know if you save is corrupted until you start the game back up.

OnLiveTig said:
OnLiveTig said:
Loore said the fix isn't coming until late this week or next week.

That's way too long, Codies.  I'd get this out TODAY.
well they can't rush it otherwise the fix won't do what it's been designed  for patience is the key here
How much patience are you planning on showing?  The corrupt gave save problems go back to F1 and GRID 2.  I essentially gave up on F1 2012 because of it.  It's absurd.
How long is a piece of string ? . . .
~O)
indeed  the only time I've been affected on a CM game is on F1 2010 but I work around the thing that supposedly causes the problem and it hasn't bothered me since. I suspect though that these corrupted saves are online related though as it seems to be happening to gamers that are playing online rather than offline. I don't play online and hence have not been affected and you may also notice that the majority that have complained also have racenet accounts which leads me to believe what I'm thinking that it's not an offline problem but an online one. Thereby it sounds to me as if it's a different problem causing the issue than before probably somewhere in how the game interfaces with racenet.

~O)

Yes you need to back your save up on a regular basis but make sure that you use 2 USB sticks and keep them labeled or something because if you only use 1 then chances are your going to overwrite a good save with a bad save because you wont know if you save is corrupted until you start the game back up.
That's what I do but I always load the save back up first to check it loads to begin with. So long as you don't do anything else once you've loaded to the main menu then for me it's been safe to copy across. I still use one USB stick and the Xbox Cloud though.

OnLiveTig said:
OnLiveTig said:

well they can't rush it otherwise the fix won't do what it's been designed  for patience is the key here
How much patience are you planning on showing?  The corrupt gave save problems go back to F1 and GRID 2.  I essentially gave up on F1 2012 because of it.  It's absurd.
~O)
indeed  the only time I've been affected on a CM game is on F1 2010 but I work around the thing that supposedly causes the problem and it hasn't bothered me since. I suspect though that these corrupted saves are online related though as it seems to be happening to gamers that are playing online rather than offline. I don't play online and hence have not been affected and you may also notice that the majority that have complained also have racenet accounts which leads me to believe what I'm thinking that it's not an offline problem but an online one. Thereby it sounds to me as if it's a different problem causing the issue than before probably somewhere in how the game interfaces with racenet.
It's not Racenet.  It's Steam's cloud sync but that's not even the point.  The issue was whether it's helpful to tell other users to be patient regarding a problem that has existed for years.

OnLiveTig said:
OnLiveTig said:
OnLiveTig said:

~O)
It's not Racenet.  It's Steam's cloud sync but that's not even the point.  The issue was whether it's helpful to tell other users to be patient regarding a problem that has existed for years.
well my point was there was they can't release a fix unless they're sure it's working now can they? As for the problem itself I knew it was online related I just didn't know which system

OnLiveTig said:
OnLiveTig said:
OnLiveTig said:

~O)
well my point was there was they can't release a fix unless they're sure it's working now can they? As for the problem itself I knew it was online related I just didn't know which system
The save-game corruption isn't just online-related. My save game corrupts if I play career.

OnLiveTig said:
OnLiveTig said:
OnLiveTig said:

~O)
The save-game corruption isn't just online-related. My save game corrupts if I play career.
no but I was saying is it was the online part of the game.  I think that has started the problem once a problem strikes quite often it doesn't matter what mode you're in like a computer virus once you've been struck by one you're done for.

~O)

Good thinking, batman . . .I'd saved them to another drive but like the idea of using a couple of usb sticks . . .
~O)

Hey guys, save corruptee here. I was level 89, about to buy a Koenigsegg.I noticed my clubmate had an altered livery (It was all purple instead of purple and black). Then another clubmate said I needed to fix the club livery. I asked what color he had, and he said "I don't know, but I know what color my hood is." Next time I turned my game on, bam, it happened. The fact that this has happened twice with this company makes me think twice about purchasing anything else from these people.

The way I see it, is it's a new game. Can't expect it to be perfect straight away. This game has hit the spot in terms of what people want. They will fix it. And as for complaints to Loore not replying, I'm sure a hundred other people have been battering him with problems to and it will be addressed. Wether it's him or another CM member. I got corrupt Aswell. 18th on overall leaderboard with plenty money in the bank and plenty cars upgraded etc but you just have to go with the flow at the minute. To be honest, a lot of people could work on their racing capabilities, me being one of them. You could always work on them so when the patch does get released then you will be so much better online :D

The way I see it, is it's a new game. Can't expect it to be perfect straight away. This game has hit the spot in terms of what people want. They will fix it. And as for complaints to Loore not replying, I'm sure a hundred other people have been battering him with problems to and it will be addressed. Wether it's him or another CM member. I got corrupt Aswell. 18th on overall leaderboard with plenty money in the bank and plenty cars upgraded etc but you just have to go with the flow at the minute. To be honest, a lot of people could work on their racing capabilities, me being one of them. You could always work on them so when the patch does get released then you will be so much better online :D
exactly you have to treat every game differently as they're all programmed differently even if they do share similarities like the same graphics engine. So just because the corrupted saves happened in a lot of their games every game has it's own way of being handled. It's not just CM that have had corrupted saves as it's happened in a few EA games too. The most notable for me being Fifa because in both Fifa 11 and in Fifa 12 I had corrupted saves in career mode at around the midway point in career season 7/8 so CM games aren't the only ones with these problems.

Not an all day racer but I play a couple hours a night... got reset 3 times on grid 2 eand figured the new game would be clear of this issue. Then I turned on my xbox today. CMON!!! WAS #1 american in open wheel and now I get to wait on a patch for a few days for file corrupt? Im not even gonna call myself good at this game but would be nice if what I did actually counts for something. CM got me interested in racing games but I can honestly say "fix it or I will never buy a CM game again"!!3

Not an all day racer but I play a couple hours a night... got reset 3 times on grid 2 eand figured the new game would be clear of this issue. Then I turned on my xbox today. CMON!!! WAS #1 american in open wheel and now I get to wait on a patch for a few days for file corrupt? Im not even gonna call myself good at this game but would be nice if what I did actually counts for something. CM got me interested in racing games but I can honestly say "fix it or I will never buy a CM game again"!!3
CM do have a fix on the way we just have to be patient for it.

~O)

Good thinking, batman . . .I'd saved them to another drive but like the idea of using a couple of usb sticks . . .
~O)
In a case so "extreme" like this i use three places, two USB mem stick and the cloud, in my case PSN, and are stepped saves, so i do one in the actual moment for example and save in the cloud, then i save the next day i play (if i progress a lot i save two times that day, just in case) but left the previous saved file in the cloud as it was, and then a third in a step forward so all of them are "separate" from a ...say 10% in advance, with this way i ensure that if i save a corrupted file i should have another step,back with a 10% less wich is an amount of lost progress permissible to repeat again. (With PS3 you only can save the game file when the game is not running, not as PC wich allows to save in-game progress, at least some games.

In fact as Crazy Train said you never know when the save game is corrupted or not, becuase it could became corrupted anytime the game is exited or quit, ´nuff said if the game freezes or someone exit the game in the wrong screen or part of the game the possibilities of a crrupted "save" increases in an exponential way.

Another thing that scare me a lot is that sometimes a game corrupted itself so it can´r read ANY previous save file before, any backup, sometines because of an update that doesn´t allow the game to read any previous file....is a rare escenario but it happens to me in PC only one time some years ago with an stupid pinball game; i hope that AS not be that case....

All in all, i do this save-backup "paranoia" only in this especial situation with CM games, usually i only backup in a "fixed" 16 Gb memory with is always atacched to the system and each month i save in the PSN cloud all the games i´ve payed, so two are enough.

I think that after almost a year i can´t get over the Grid 2 "drama" last year; really.. :((  :)), it was a great annoyance and very frustrating. Cross your fingers and let´s wait to the patch that will avoid this situation.

Salute and.....SAVE THE GAME!!! <:-P