Sign in to follow this  

Corrupt Save Files - Fix Incoming!

So we have to wait another week or so to find out if the lost data is actually retrievable? Ridiculous.
I'm contacting support to request a full refund on the price as the game is not of 'satisfactory quality' or 'fit for purpose' according to The Sale of Goods Act relevant in the UK.

FOR THE PC

I have just been shown a way to roll back my save data a few days before it was corrupt, i can confirm it is working and have lost 3 days play 45 races to be exact!!..... For me thats better than 190 races

How long this fix lasts i have no idea, i will post back some info later if it continues to work and i will be backing up my save every hour or so..

For those that want the info on how to do it pm me, but i will not be held responsible if anything goes wrong.

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!
;) [-X

@mcnab if you don't say what you did we cannot do it at our own risk can we?

Or is PM-ing you at our own risk?

lol i dont want to post it on here and then people coming back with problems and moaning that the game is broke if they do it wrong but i am happy to pm anyone with details,

just trying to keep the forum clean of haters hating me lol

What a let down these racenet challenges are and grid autosport after having to start all over again from level 62 the first time then level 85 the second time i am pretty well fed up now all the hard work i did on last weeks racenet challenges is all for nothing was expecting the same money rewards i got from the first week but no not a thing and by the way party mode challenges are a crock of well you know not enough reward for the aggevation

Save file corruption will be fixed tomorrow in a PC patch :)

Will bring you news on consoles as soon as I have it.

Loore said:
Save file corruption will be fixed tomorrow in a PC patch :)

Will bring you news on consoles as soon as I have it.

Great news... Thanks for the update!

mcnab said:
lol i dont want to post it on here and then people coming back with problems and moaning that the game is broke if they do it wrong but i am happy to pm anyone with details,

just trying to keep the forum clean of haters hating me lol
Smart move I'd say :D

Would be nice to have an idea when this might be fixed for xbox360? CM did a great job of designing this game from top to bottom and the cars handle about as real as it gets. VERY dissapointed that this problem carried over. Its the only reason I kept my 360 instead of going next gen. I even bought an extra 360 so my son and I wouldnt have to share just for this game! $400 to get locked out 14hrs into gameplay?

I could careless about a pc patch how about a ps3 patch this is retarded  I knew better than to preorder a game but really liked grid 2 so i figured why not well thanks a lot for nothing today on July 8th 2014 guess what yet another save file corrupted NUMBER 3 by the way I will not be starting again and if a patch is not released soon or save files are lost for good then thanks for ruining a good game with a trumped up release before it was probably ready very dissatisfied customer

Sorry for blunt comments but I am so very unhappy with codemasters right now tried customer service no help not even  an answer from them if I sell someone something for $50 dollars if it doesn't work or is broke then I make it right by them i have to just good business to the community manager this is not directed at you but i can find no other way to let codemasters know how disappointed in there product that I am. evidently they do not care or someone from customer service would have gave me a reply whether a get lost or sorry for the trouble would be fine

Sorry dude but your example is exactly what CM are doing isn't it? What do you think the upcoming patch is for? Making right the problem we are all suffering from and attempting to ensure it doesn't happen again. 

Like all games a patch needs testing before deployment, you'd be even more pissed if they rushed it and it DIDN'T work. On top of that, the thread was only started when the fix had already been created and was beginning to be tested.

Tearing your hair out, screaming abuse at CM or others for making suggestions of what you can do in the mean time doesn't help ANYONE and is more likely to get you ignored just because you're being abusive with no need.

In my experience being polite gets you MUCH further than kicking, shouting & wailing will, I've reported problems and gotten a response in short order, bear in mind as well some companies have a policy of accepting no abuse so IF you get shirty with them, they WILL just ignore you.

BTW I also have a 3rd corrupted file from this evening, logged into racenet in game, got 697K rewards, exited the game, restarted it an hour later and the most recent save is now corrupt as well, so I suspect THAT's where the problem is.

Why? because it was an update from racenet to my save game adding money and xp, possible but, I could be totally be wrong here.

What I DON'T do is send support requests with a bucket load of attitude and little of actual substance. On top of that there IS a fix so why scream and shout about it until the patch is live?

Personally I'm gonna do just what I did when the other saves got corrupted, start a new one and get more practice playing. I'd rather be doing that than ranting and risking an embolism...... Or a ban from the forums etc..

Rather than all this speculation as to WHY our saves are getting corrupt, if CM knows why then an explanation as to why would be greatly appreciated. We've been informed on the PC patch and got somewhat of an ETA on the consoles patch but all in all we have pretty much been kept in the dark as to the source of the corruption.

Well my most recent was right after I logged in and received the last racenet rewards. I then shut down the game (using the correct exit game not ALT enter and close window), an hour later I tried to fire up the game and the newest save was corrupted.

The last time I was mid race and got a random shutdown/restart of the game in the middle of a racenet event, all was fine after the restart and I played online for a bit then, I shut the game down, the next time I played was when the save was banjaxed. 

The only thing in common I can see is that there were racenet events or updates between game and site followed by me closing the game down.

Why is everyone avoiding the " backup on a regular basis " question . . . I'm beginning to think I have the wrong idea in doing so as this has nothing to do with the problem so many are suffering . . . 
~O)

Yes you need to back your save up on a regular basis but make sure that you use 2 USB sticks and keep them labeled or something because if you only use 1 then chances are your going to overwrite a good save with a bad save because you wont know if you save is corrupted until you start the game back up.
Good thinking, batman . . .I'd saved them to another drive but like the idea of using a couple of usb sticks . . .
~O)
Always keep atleast 3 to 5 backups matey.
It can be in the same folder or on 2 different places that doesn't really matter.
I have one folder with the latest backup which I copy to a different folder within that folder before I overwrite it.
Been doing it like this for years now and never had any problem.
God I wish I remeberred the name of that backup program I used in the time of tdu1.
Excellent simple program that allowed you to choose how many backups you want before it starts to overwrite the old ones.

Why is everyone avoiding the " backup on a regular basis " question . . . I'm beginning to think I have the wrong idea in doing so as this has nothing to do with the problem so many are suffering . . . 
~O)

Yes you need to back your save up on a regular basis but make sure that you use 2 USB sticks and keep them labeled or something because if you only use 1 then chances are your going to overwrite a good save with a bad save because you wont know if you save is corrupted until you start the game back up.
Good thinking, batman . . .I'd saved them to another drive but like the idea of using a couple of usb sticks . . .
~O)
It can be in the same folder or on 2 different places that doesn't really matter.
I have one folder with the latest backup which I copy to a different folder within that folder before I overwrite it.
God I wish I remeberred the name of that backup program I used in the time of tdu1.
Excellent simple program that allowed you to choose how many backups you want before it starts to overwrite the old ones.
I only play games on the ps3 so that's what I was referring to.
\:D/

When are we going to get that fix?? today, tomorrow... Never?? hehe... just a little bit impatient...   just do a good job 

Seems to to me the game should be tested more before release so they wouldn't have to go thru the trouble of testing a patch there srsrastus1701 i know there will always be problems with any product no matter what but save file corruptions seems like somebody was sleeping or they didn't test it very well griping makes me feel better and big companies need to here consumer feedback no matter negative or positive and besides this aggravates me to no end having to start over on a racing game

All I'm saying is nobody takes pride in there work anymore whether it be video games to cars it's all about the almighty dollar or quid or whatever It's not just America it's everyone so I'm not just singling out codemasters it's all companies "Get it out no matter what, will fix it later" to bad we as consumers don't stick together, so this is the way it's gonna be and yes ido backup save files when i get far along in a game but this did me no good as my backups corrupted as well

~O)

~O)
Slightly different routine; I make a new save folder every time and when I have about 5 folders I start deleting the oldest one as I add a new one.

At the moment this corruption thingy is all conjecture by us but I've always had a very big question mark over Steam and Racenet trying to chat to one another . . .
~O)

~O)

~O)
It's still a good idea for any platform as there is no chance of any search for those contents . . .
~O)

~O)

~O)
But even so doesn't the same aply for pc and console when you backup savegames?
Once you made a backup you can put the stick in pc and put the savegame in a folder with as name a date for later can't you?
And if you want to be extra carefull keep a complete copy of that folder on second usb?

And corrupting savegames can always happens with any game no matter if youre on pc or console.
But it is not only usefull for corrupted savegames, when you make a decision with any game in the storyline which you a bit later regrets you always have the choice to go back a savegame to before that decision.
Which is not always possible within the savegames ingame.    ;)