Sign in to follow this  

Corrupt Save Files - Fix Incoming!

thanks codemasters for fixing the issue on pc, hopefully that means that your console using customers will be fixed soon. i still have an outstanding question, ill end my post with it for codemasters to answer (not pessimistic customers): can we expect our saves "resurected" from this patch, or is the situation such that we must start over regardless, just now with assurance that our next save wont be corrupted? thanks~alex98sc10

alexPSCE said:
thanks codemasters for fixing the issue on pc, hopefully that means that your console using customers will be fixed soon. i still have an outstanding question, ill end my post with it for codemasters to answer (not pessimistic customers): can we expect our saves "resurected" from this patch, or is the situation such that we must start over regardless, just now with assurance that our next save wont be corrupted? thanks~alex98sc10
Yes, it'll be working again once the patch is out :)

Loore said:
alexPSCE said:
Has Sony approved the patch yet or are you still waiting on them?

Loore said:
alexPSCE said:
awesome great, ill stand by and wait for you guys to work your magic!

I am not playing this game till they fix it fix the 360. It will be the last CM game I get on release. Now it 2 games in a row they screwed up on game saves. Its probably best to wait 3 months after release to make sure they got their shit straight.

NoSskilz said:
I am not playing this game till they fix it fix the 360. It will be the last CM game I get on release. Now it 2 games in a row they screwed up on game saves. Its probably best to wait 3 months after release to make sure they got their shit straight.
or maybe be patient. codemasters are working on the patch, threatening to not purchase future games WONT get it done faster, though i understand its nice to take your anger out on someone!

Im having corrupted save every time i start the game, so get a bkp i did 3 days ago, then every time i copy it and every time again and again this is really bad... so i cant get money or exp or lvl every time i turn off ps3 and wen i go play again same thing...

@Loore : In the process of fixing the corrupt game-save issue, did you guys discover any clues as to potential causes? For those of us on consoles who have not been affected & have not yet been issued this patch, is there anything players can do (or avoid doing) to take preventative measures against losing our saves (until the patch becomes available to us)? Thanks.

Im having corrupted save every time i start the game, so get a bkp i did 3 days ago, then every time i copy it and every time again and again this is really bad... so i cant get money or exp or lvl every time i turn off ps3 and wen i go play again same thing...
i found a bug in my save. i have a drift c1 evo x that was showing a value of $ 3.4xx.xxx for sale. so i sell it and problem gone :-)
(well for now... i tell you guys if got the issue again)

Operator1 said:
@Loore : In the process of fixing the corrupt game-save issue, did you guys discover any clues as to potential causes? For those of us on consoles who have not been affected & have not yet been issued this patch, is there anything players can do (or avoid doing) to take preventative measures against losing our saves (until the patch becomes available to us)? Thanks.
I read somewhere that it was a glitch related to car tuning and car setups that caused the corruption bug. Loore has stressed several times that the bug was unrelated to Grid 2's one and it seems to make sense since Grid 2 didn't have car tuning / car setups.

And from personal experience? No. The bug happens randomly once you've got a couple hundred races online. It might have something to do with the cars you buy so a good idea might be to try and just use only Loaner cars but eh... I'm not sure that's a real solution. Nobody in their right minds would WILLINGLY drive a loaner car..

Operator1 said:
It was an issue with car upgrades multiplying themselves onto cars, side effect would also be the costs increase for repairs and sale value.

Loore said:
Operator1 said:
It was an issue with car upgrades multiplying themselves onto cars, side effect would also be the costs increase for repairs and sale value.
Did you ever fix the corrupt saves in F1 2012?  I actually gave up playing that game with relatively few hours because of that problem.

I have had 8 members within the team with file corruption . My file has now corrupted . 900 races an level 120 . Any sort of timeline for when the patch for 360 will be out

Loore said:
Operator1 said:
So if we avoid installing any upgrades until we get the patch, would that reduce our risk of corrupt game-saves?

i found a bug in my save. i have a drift c1 evo x that was showing a value of $ 3.4xx.xxx for sale. so i sell it and problem gone :-)
(well for now... i tell you guys if got the issue again)
Hey ! . .that's interesting, about 5 days ago a guy in our session got 38 million for a car he sold ?
~O)

OnLiveTig said:
Loore said:
Operator1 said:
Did you ever fix the corrupt saves in F1 2012?  I actually gave up playing that game with relatively few hours because of that problem.
Think that's moer a question for @Hatta rather than @Looer given @Hatta oversees the F1 games while @Loore oversees Grid

mcnab said:
lol i dont want to post it on here and then people coming back with problems and moaning that the game is broke if they do it wrong but i am happy to pm anyone with details,

just trying to keep the forum clean of haters hating me lol
I'm not on PC but have 1 question. Did your garage get fixed if you had cars that said they were worth $0 ? Supposedly the save corrupt had something to do with the garage and liveries from what @loore mentioned in another thread.

it's not going to fix it . I had to start over to play, so it overwrote my progress. unless you all have that info saved for us we are all still screwed. I'll keep an eye out for patch , but I'm not playing it again till then & still may get rid of it & all other Codemasters games i own & never purchase one again if I have to start it all over like grid 2 done to me twice . I'm fed up with your co. releasing unfinished/untested racing games.  

where should i save my file until it gets fixed, so i can still play and the saved corrupted file doesn't get overwritten?

Not sure that you can, if you re-start the game it overwrites your details going from what other people have said on here.