Sign in to follow this  

Corrupt Save Files - Fix Incoming!

you can have more than one save and the fix DOES resurrect corrupted saves.

If you've overwritten you'v elost the old save if you created a new one you'll have 2 saves once the fix goes live....

I guess the PC version is easier to fix than the console version since they got theirs so quick

wicken said:
@Loore Any ETA for the console patch?
My monopoly money tells me that the console market is the main game.

There again, what would I know?

Just for the record, some of my best friends are guinea pigs.

Dont know if it had anything to do with my corrupt but I was #1 american in open wheel class by about 50,000 xp one day. Checked my stats that day when I was at work and got passed by 100,000 xp+ by someone who wasnt even in the top 10 the day before. Got home ready to try to catch up and save was corrupt. Ive reset and started over but the game has lost a little entertainment value driving loaners again. Wont mention any names cuz racer might just be that good.... just what happened to me

Also was a few days after I unlocked full tune on all my open wheel cars. Which I dont know if this is the way the game was designed but once you open unlocks for one class of cars you can apply it to any car in that class. Example: using last weeks weekly challenge I unlocked everything for the loore, could apply to all open wheel cars I owned.

NoSskilz said:
I guess the PC version is easier to fix than the console version since they got theirs so quick
no it's just that Steam/Valve doesn't make CM jump through half a dozen hoops like MS and Sony do.

I decided to move my corrupted save to a flash drive then save it for later when the fix does come out. That way it can't get overwritten by misstake.

So we have to wait another week or so to find out if the lost data is actually retrievable? Ridiculous.
I'm contacting support to request a full refund on the price as the game is not of 'satisfactory quality' or 'fit for purpose' according to The Sale of Goods Act relevant in the UK.

Well there's a turn up for the books, I got a full refund for the price of the game today from Microsoft, who I purchased the download from.

loore said gamesaves can be restored once the patch is out, at least thats my understanding. read back a bit, the response he gave is a bit vague but i believe he is confirming that corrupted saves will be back to normal. dont take my word, i may be miss-interpreting what he said

All 3 of my corrupted saves were restored. So don't delete em or overwrites them.

All 3 of my corrupted saves were restored. So don't delete em or overwrites them.

what system do you run on, and how were they restored- patch, or did you send em to CM?

I'm on PC. I sent full copies of the save file to CM, they used them to establish the problem and also to test the fix.

I had to do nothing but log in let Steam update and play with any of the saves I have.

Alot of our team members have had the save file corrupted, we are just waiting on the patch to start playing again.

Any idea on when the fix is out?

SASBlink said:
Alot of my team members have had the save file corrupted, we are just waiting on the patch to start playing again.

Any idea on when the fix is out?
that depends on how quickly Sony/MS get on updating their systems. If your on PC on the other hand you can already get it.

that depends on how quickly Sony/MS get on updating their systems. If your on PC on the other hand you can already get it.
We are in the xbox community, so im hoping its in the next few days. :) 

SASBlink said:
well you need to wait on Microsoft thenbecause Sony and MS tend to make games companies jump through a few hoops before allowing any updates to systems unlike with Steam where things can go straight on.

SASBlink said:

i hope its soon, i dont want my second save corrupted, especially now that i have an average finish of first :D however, the downside is i get banned from every fricking lobby for it :( oh well. racing is always better when you dont lose your progress every few days!

Operator1 said:
Loore said:
Operator1 said:
@Loore : In the process of fixing the corrupt game-save issue, did you guys discover any clues as to potential causes? For those of us on consoles who have not been affected & have not yet been issued this patch, is there anything players can do (or avoid doing) to take preventative measures against losing our saves (until the patch becomes available to us)? Thanks.
It was an issue with car upgrades multiplying themselves onto cars, side effect would also be the costs increase for repairs and sale value.
So if we avoid installing any upgrades until we get the patch, would that reduce our risk of corrupt game-saves?

@Loore : I just got the dreaded "the save data is corrupt" message on my Xbox 360, and the only car I had upgraded (before you guys discovered & shared the cause of the issue) was the VW Golf R that was given to me by default.

I have the game installed to my console's hard drive (with the disc in), and my only Grid AutoSport game-save file is stored on my console's hard drive (not in cloud storage & not on a separate USB memory stick).

Other than avoiding or returning/trading the brand new retail game I just purchased 2 weeks ago, please inform us of any preventative steps we can take to reduce our risk of corrupt game saves until the fix is available. An ETA on the relevant patch for consoles would be appreciated as well.

I would love to spread the good word & sing praises about this game on MetaCritic, Amazon, Twitter, FaceBook, & other outlets, but all the great features & content in the world can't make up for a dysfunctionally defective product. Please make this right, very soon.

Wow everybody is begging these people to give you info LMFAO! They don't give a rats ass when it comes to them forking over $20,000 to Sony in order to patch the game and who knows how much Microsoft charges. Hell the PC probably got a patch because it doesn't cost anything. I don't game on PC so I don't know. They are going to take their sweet ass time because for one, THEY DON'T CARE, and two, THEY DON'Y CARE!!! If they did give a shit then this wouldn't have happened on THREE of the racing games they have released.

And as far as this Loore guy, WOW what an information highway this guy is. I think I have counted a whopping 2 replies to 8 pages of posts and the replies were very short, as if to say fuck off everyone, we will release the patch when we damn well feel like it. I hate for anyone who actually bought the game and wasted your money but you should have known better by now. I rented the piece of shit developed game so I'm out nothing. I'm sure the site will probably ban me for speaking the truth, but such is life!

Well, I can't confirm it has sth 2 do with upgrading cars online...
Bought one car yesterday (Dodge Charger) but didn't upgrade anything.
Only did the racenet challenges, started two online races (I quitted one) and finished the last Touring Car championship and started it with Ravenwest again.
Then I just clicked save and quit and backed out to the main menu for it to save correctly... and bam, save corrupt! -.-

Any ETA for a Xbox patch? :)

So the original post was made here on 2nd July, today is the 14th July and still no patch.... why? what possible excuses could you have?  Not that anyone cares to answer.

Seems like CM just shafted all of us for £35 one last time on this gen of consloe before they step up to next gen.

I just want to play the game without frwar of loosing everything!!

For those in the UK who are unhappy with the game, you should be able to reclaim all of your money from CM.  Under the sales of goods actr as the game is not fit for purpose..... I know several people who havedone this already. CM have no argument, they know about their corrupted files glitch from pretty much all or thier previous releases over the past few years, but still have made no real attempt to fix it properly.