Sign in to follow this  

Corrupt Save Files - Fix Incoming!

CM and Steam got the PC patch out, Microsoft and Sony will be the reason for the delay when it comes to the console release.

Yeah get a refund if you want to, better chance of getting one with CM than you are from EA! You might regret it later when the fix DOES got out there.

Yell at Microsoft and Sony instead of CM, get them to pull their respective fingers out as CM have already made the fix, it's up to Microsoft and Sony to get it out there to the consoles.

CM have no access to PSN and whatever it is the Xbox uses. So why scream at them?

jacksbane said:
So the original post was made here on 2nd July, today is the 14th July and still no patch.... why? what possible excuses could you have?  Not that anyone cares to answer.
PC patch came out last week, I said a page or two back that we're working on the console patch now.

Due to the way consoles get patched we can't just fire out the patch like we can with the PC version. There's submissions, first party QA and all sorts we have to proceed through.

Console patches are starting the submission process, once it starts to clear that we'll be able to provide you with a definitive date.

Still in the dark about a patch for the console games I see!! Sure is nice of CM to ignore there customers!! Of course what else would you expect from a half ass company who releases half ass games. More and more of my online friends are coming up with save file corruptions. So I imagine the problems getting more widespread. IS IT REALLY THAT HARD FOR AN ANSWER, I MEAN REALLY !!!!! So whenever the patch does come "CM don't act like you did something good because you should have done it right to begin with"

I'm just going to say now that if the patch isn't out by this week I think I'm not going to bother playing the game any more and I'll go and return it and get my money back.

Seriously. Widespread corrupted saves, glitched-out cars and wanton abuse of the vote-kicking system. This is getting too out of hand for myself (and most of my friends) to bother with.

"I think we have to sell the game now" that's my 6 yo son after we got "blessed" with that annoying (and quite old bug in codemasters house) corrupt save file. Very disappointing but not surprising unfortunately. Eh.... :(

Still in the dark about a patch for the console games I see!! Sure is nice of CM to ignore there customers!! Of course what else would you expect from a half ass company who releases half ass games. More and more of my online friends are coming up with save file corruptions. So I imagine the problems getting more widespread. IS IT REALLY THAT HARD FOR AN ANSWER, I MEAN REALLY !!!!! So whenever the patch does come "CM don't act like you did something good because you should have done it right to begin with"

you would do well to better understand the console patch system. as clearly stated by loore, companies like sony and microscam require game makers to run through a million hoops, including stupid QA and shiznit, and then they are allowed to give us the patch. as also stated by loore, that patch is being submited. what does that mean? that means CM HAS DONE THEIR BLOODY WORK FOR US CONSOLE GUYS. if you want the patch to go through quicker, complain to the maker of your console, as any further delay is on their head, not codemasters. codemasters cannot change or bypass the system put in place, so they have to wait for microscam and sony to let the patch go through, just as we do.

I was just going to say a similar thing to this^^, so many ragers and entitled people, it's a new game there will be bugs, CM are doing a good job listening and fixing the problems so give them a break, this happened to me on Grid 2 and I was mad but I kept on going, it happened to me 3 times but I got up dusted myself off and carried on.
If you don't like the way patches are put out on consoles maybe you should get a PC, it is a much better experience anyway!!

What a shameful & easily-preventable disappointment. The fact that console makers like Microsoft & Sony have a submission & deployment process for updates does not change the fact that Grid AutoSport's corrupt game saves should never have been a defect that needs patching.

When a company like CodeMasters has made numerous games on the same platforms in the same auto racing genre for many years, there's no reason for functionality as fundamental as saving progress to be defective at launch - especially if similar issues have been present in their prior games.

CodeMasters is well aware by now of the requirements for rolling out console patches, and they should have taken that into account before releasing Grid AutoSport in its defective state. It is wrong for anyone to try to shift the focus now onto platform makers as though Microsoft & Sony are at fault for customers not receiving a remedy sooner.

As a paying customer, I will not be categorized as an "entitled raging whiner" (or worse) simply for expecting a basic level of functional quality in exchange for money paid. I'm sure that many customers (myself included) could understand if a few small bits of Grid AutoSport's polish might have been overlooked or rushed to be patched later, but something as critical as being able to reliably save progress has far too great an impact on the functional state of the game to quietly ignore. If CodeMasters does not get an acute sense for the extent of our dissatisfaction, then they will have no incentive to avoid repeating missteps like this in their future offerings.

Operator1 said:
What a shameful & easily-preventable disappointment. The fact that console makers like Microsoft & Sony have a submission & deployment process for updates does not change the fact that Grid AutoSport's corrupt game saves should never have been a defect that needs patching.

When a company like CodeMasters has made numerous games on the same platforms in the same auto racing genre for many years, there's no reason for functionality as fundamental as saving progress to be defective at launch - especially if similar issues have been present in their prior games.

CodeMasters is well aware by now of the requirements for rolling out console patches, and they should have taken that into account before releasing Grid AutoSport in its defective state. It is wrong for anyone to try to shift the focus now onto platform makers as though Microsoft & Sony are at fault for customers not receiving a remedy sooner.

As a paying customer, I will not be categorized as an "entitled raging whiner" (or worse) simply for expecting a basic level of functional quality in exchange for money paid. I'm sure that many customers (myself included) could understand if a few small bits of Grid AutoSport's polish might have been overlooked or rushed to be patched later, but something as critical as being able to reliably save progress has far too great an impact on the functional state of the game to quietly ignore. If CodeMasters does not get an acute sense for the extent of our dissatisfaction, then they will have no incentive to avoid repeating missteps like this in their future offerings.
Exactly!!

Now Sony and MS are "half-guilty" from the corrupted data saved game, go figure, what an easy and cynical way to take away the problem. It is assumed just like "We did our work, now we are passing the buck to others and see what happens...", no CM and others, not try to confuse people, you did not do your work properly, in fact didn´t do since one year ago.

Here there are many people soooo pleasant as Codies that cannot see, or don´t want to see the diffrence beteween been a fan on CM games, i am, and the relationship between a company and a customer.

Sometimes is hilarious how some people are so far from the reality about this kind of problems and fight so hard like fanboys with "what??!!" arguments .

I´ll repeat it, there are many pleasant people that it semms to feel attack by others when the problem is so clear that now there´s no other way than wait, without excuses.

I have not this problem this time, yet, but i felt last year the same like people now is affected for this problem and i read now many of the things i said then...and felt alone.

Anyway, i have a question: will the patch for the cosoles solves the problem to not corrupt again saved games or also it allows to RECOVER corrupted fles??

In Grid 2 the first was solved, obviously, but the second part was not. I´m scared about it and think that is going to be a big, big surge of anger of many users.

Salute.

andaya said:
Operator1 said:

Exactly!!

Now Sony and MS are "half-guilty" from the corrupted data saved game, go figure, what an easy and cynical way to take away the problem. It is assumed just like "We did our work, now we are passing the buck to others and see what happens...", no CM and others, not try to confuse people, you did not do your work properly, in fact didn´t do since one year ago.

Here there are many people soooo pleasant as Codies that cannot see, or don´t want to see the diffrence beteween been a fan on CM games, i am, and the relationship between a company and a customer.

Sometimes is hilarious how some people are so far from the reality about this kind of problems and fight so hard like fanboys with "what??!!" arguments .

I´ll repeat it, there are many pleasant people that it semms to feel attack by others when the problem is so clear that now there´s no other way than wait, without excuses.

I have not this problem this time, yet, but i felt last year the same like people now is affected for this problem and i read now many of the things i said then...and felt alone.

Anyway, i have a question: will the patch for the cosoles solves the problem to not corrupt again saved games or also it allows to RECOVER corrupted fles??

In Grid 2 the first was solved, obviously, but the second part was not. I´m scared about it and think that is going to be a big, big surge of anger of many users.

Salute.
Based on what other PC users are saying about their saves I'd say both but seeing as I've not suffered from any issues myself I can't comment.

andaya said:
Operator1 said:

Exactly!!

Salute.
Based on what other PC users are saying about their saves I'd say both but seeing as I've not suffered from any issues myself I can't comment.
Yes i know that in PC this time it could be done, and that´s great!!, but i have not read nothing about consoles, mainly because works very different and it should be complicated to restore files...i hope it could be done but based on experience, and CM, i have many doubts, and unfortunately three of my usual racing games friends can´t play and doesn´t want to progress in game, SP and MP, so my club is a desert!! XD, and is sad that this troubles repeats and repeats again; is not a simple bug, is THE bug that makes a game almost unplayable these days...

Salute.

3 times I've confirmed all 3 corrupted saves have indeed been restored, people need to read the posts 1st but, few ever do when they are narked off (justifiably so as it's a major problem).

Made a suggestion of starting another save while you wait and got jumped on for it, well by the time the DLC's come I'll have 105 garage slots across all my saves if I max them all out.

All you "Not playing till it's fixed!" or the "I want a refund!" crowd will be left with a single save and either 30 or 35 garage slots max....

Your loss if you got a refund or threw the controller way in a rage.....

3 times I've confirmed all 3 corrupted saves have indeed been restored, people need to read the posts 1st but, few ever do when they are narked off (justifiably so as it's a major problem).

Made a suggestion of starting another save while you wait and got jumped on for it, well by the time the DLC's come I'll have 105 garage slots across all my saves if I max them all out.

All you "Not playing till it's fixed!" or the "I want a refund!" crowd will be left with a single save and either 30 or 35 garage slots max....

Your loss if you got a refund or threw the controller way in a rage.....

You confirmed that it worked for you on PC. How can you confirm that it works for others on consoles if you haven't tried it on consoles?

There have been numerous reports of people starting over multiple times & losing their saves all over again, so why start a new save when there's every reason to expect it to get corrupted the same way the first one did? ...Unless you can confirm that the console patch would merge all of the combined progress from multiple corrupt saves together?

Dude point is we wait on Sony and MS to "approve it" before it rolls out, the problem has the same root cause across the platforms unless I'm mistaken.

ERGO the fix will restore the corrupted saves for all who have lost out.

As to the risk of multiple corrupted files, I had 3.... each time I did a new save, now I have 3 saves with 10-14 different cars in each one, So I can experiment with different selections and build a garage of favourites.

On top of that ALL my saves are ALL linked to my Racenet account, so it doesn't matter the save I use to set an event time, they ALL count.

This was the point I made before but got shouted down for making a constructive suggestion rather than Slagging CM off.....

...As to the risk of multiple corrupted files, I had 3.... each time I did a new save, now I have 3 saves with 10-14 different cars in each one, So I can experiment with different selections and build a garage of favourites...

Not everyone prefers to juggle multiple game saves.

...This was the point I made before but got shouted down for making a constructive suggestion rather than Slagging CM off...

I'm not "slagging CM off." I have not posted anything offensive or inappropriate. As a paying customer, I have every right to express my disappointment for a defective purchase (especially on a free public forum in a thread dedicated to this particular issue). I also have every right to request that CodeMasters does absolutely everything in their power to:
1.) expedite the deployment of this critical update; and
2.) avoid defects like this in the future.

Sorry didn't mean to say you had, You're also dead right about stating your feelings about the problems, I was just pointing out that making suggestions to narked off people can sometimes make them madder than they already are :)

Works both ways as well when it comes to "frustrated differences of opinion" I guess.

I really hope that the fix does work as well on console as it has on PC, and gets everybody back online again as the game just gets better and better (IMHO lol).

I was using my PS+ backup save to continue playing while this issue was fixed but now that's corrupt too :(( hopefully this gets sorted soon because frankly I've not enjoyed a racer online this much since Burnout Paradise....

Afraid I don't have an update on an exact timing, but the patches are progressing on a console front.

Also worth noting that they'll include all fixes that have gone into the PC version (that are applicable) and are due to go into PC before they release. This also includes changes to the multiplayer playlists etc

andaya said:
andaya said:
Operator1 said:

Exactly!!

Salute.
Yes i know that in PC this time it could be done, and that´s great!!, but i have not read nothing about consoles, mainly because works very different and it should be complicated to restore files...i hope it could be done but based on experience, and CM, i have many doubts, and unfortunately three of my usual racing games friends can´t play and doesn´t want to progress in game, SP and MP, so my club is a desert!! XD, and is sad that this troubles repeats and repeats again; is not a simple bug, is THE bug that makes a game almost unplayable these days...

Salute.
well unfortunately we're still waiting on Sony and Microsoft for that but I hope for you guys it's not too much longer

Loore said:
Afraid I don't have an update on an exact timing, but the patches are progressing on a console front.

Also worth noting that they'll include all fixes that have gone into the PC version (that are applicable) and are due to go into PC before they release. This also includes changes to the multiplayer playlists etc
Company has community manager but gives him nothing for manage community.
So ironic.
Do you feel useless, Loore? :D
I guess your boss should think about it.

Give the guy a break he is only passing on what he knows, read what he said, they are sorting it, have a little patience and try not to be so rude, look at your sig, GIVE GIVE GIVE, entitled child springs to mind, what are you giving to the community? apart from negativity!

Damn; I just found out today that Yaks grow more than 6ft high at the shoulder - how tall is that?

I'd like to get off of my horse and get right on one of them critters!

I'd go yak yak yak yak and blah and bore and on and on and on..... yak yak yak

even worse than someone on their HIGH HORSE and goin' blah and bore and on and on.......... and on.

Damn; I just found out today that Yaks grow more than 6ft high at the shoulder - how tall is that?

even worse than someone on their HIGH HORSE and goin' blah and bore and on and on.......... and on.
Eh?

I've always been more of a llama person myself.