Sign in to follow this  

Corrupt Save Files - Fix Incoming!

Loore said:
Damn; I just found out today that Yaks grow more than 6ft high at the shoulder - how tall is that?

I'd like to get off of my horse and get right on one of them critters!

I'd go yak yak yak yak and blah and bore and on and on and on..... yak yak yak

even worse than someone on their HIGH HORSE and goin' blah and bore and on and on.......... and on.
I've always been more of a llama person myself.
well they are cute I suppose :p

Just had corrupted save file. Lost all my cars and and had over 1.2million in the bank. Now got to start all over again :( not happy!

Yes, great news :)

I got a corrupted save just now, hoping the fix will repair my save and that it will be released soon on xbox 360. Enjoying the game loads, great game. will wait for the xbox update to carry on or :( start again. thank you CODEMASTERS  love your games Dirt 2, 3 dirt showdown and F1 keep the great games coming as FORZA  is leaving us on xbox 360. (I no horizon is out September)

Level 110, 200+ online wins and then stupidly (in hindsight) I decided to buy the boost dlc. I downloaded it in game, when it had finished it asked to go back to the start screen to load the dlc so I accepted, selected my save and got the save file corrupted message.

So in effect I've actually payed to have my game corrupted. :'(

If the patch doesn't fix my save I might just give up on the game to be honest.

Any news on the update for Xbox360?

my 1st corrupted save i noticed i could sell some cars for alot more than i should cat c touring 2.7 million and the day after my save corrupted , yesterday my cars was selling for alot again so i sold them and today no corruption so maybe a tempory solution for people

If i remember well in Grid 2 save corrupted problems started with a DLC or an act...i can´t rmember exactly but ALWAYS SAVE THE GAME.  This is not the case but always a DLC or update is coming i do a save, and if is a CM game more reasons to do it.

Salute.

I'll be playing Project Cars before my corrupt save file is fixed. There's independent games makers working out of their bedroom who get patches out quicker than this.
Doesn't seem that more than a handful of people!e care any more. Game deserves to die.

Cleomenes said:
I'll be playing Project Cars before my corrupt save file is fixed. There's independent games makers working out of their bedroom who get patches out quicker than this.
Doesn't seem that more than a handful of people!e care any more. Game deserves to die.

Yeah its weird how everyone just seems to of stopped caring about this so soon, either they have started out all over again or moved on to other games.

I don't want to start out over again or start something else, I just want me save to work. :(

I don't think that people "don't care anymore" its just that they got bored of complaining about it, complaining is not going to make the process any faster.

Waiting now, just waiting patiently, i love this game, so i will  be patient too.  

Yeah, I've pretty much just given up whining about it and I've gone onto other things. Been playing a lot of Mario Kart.

Whenever this patch works I'll contemplate going back to it, but the damage has probably already been done.

Add another victim to the list...and very dedicated user.

Yea, I was one of those who was merrily paling along and had even organized a league on a major website. Now, this corruption problem has blown all those plans out of the water. There is a good change Codemasters will take a massive (maybe fatal) PR hit for this...people are already losing interest, especially with newer options coming out. This was supposed to be the bridge to the new generation, but instead it's a bear trap.

One question though -- I hear people saying (for xbox 360 users) -- just sell off abnormal upgraded cars and those with crazy price tags, then play the first save....

But I can't even GET to the first save (over 300 races, level 79, 7 cars over 40XP, etc.) because I get the "your files are corrupt) error. So, how would I go about saving my files on an xbox? USB port? Cloud? And if I do that, then if I go in and start a new career, won't the old one we wiped out? How am I supposed to get the old save file back into the new fave file on an xbox? And I can't do as suggested with the cars (sell them off, etc.) because I can't open my corrupted save file. Catch-22.

What a disaster....

@Loore is there any news on the patch update for the corrupt save file problem. like where it is in the chain. i.e. you made it, your making it, Microsoft/PlayStation have it. some news please thank you :D

Add another victim to the list...and very dedicated user.

Yea, I was one of those who was merrily paling along and had even organized a league on a major website. Now, this corruption problem has blown all those plans out of the water. There is a good change Codemasters will take a massive (maybe fatal) PR hit for this...people are already losing interest, especially with newer options coming out. This was supposed to be the bridge to the new generation, but instead it's a bear trap.

One question though -- I hear people saying (for xbox 360 users) -- just sell off abnormal upgraded cars and those with crazy price tags, then play the first save....

But I can't even GET to the first save (over 300 races, level 79, 7 cars over 40XP, etc.) because I get the "your files are corrupt) error. So, how would I go about saving my files on an xbox? USB port? Cloud? And if I do that, then if I go in and start a new career, won't the old one we wiped out? How am I supposed to get the old save file back into the new fave file on an xbox? And I can't do as suggested with the cars (sell them off, etc.) because I can't open my corrupted save file. Catch-22.

What a disaster....

Back it up to a USB stick or the cloud. So long as you don't delete it from there, then when the patch comes out you should be able to simply reload it and it should work (theory, anyway).

Since Grid 2 I've always kept a periodic backup of a 'working' save. I've got three save files; my last 'working' save on hard drive, the 'working save' backup on cloud, and my most recent (but corrupted) save on a USB stick for when the patch comes out.

Given that @Loore said on Twitter last Monday that the patch is undergoing QA tests, I wouldn't be surprised to find the patch comes out this week - perhaps tomorrow, even. But yeah, the amount of time this has taken (nearly a month now!) has put most people off of the game, which is a shame because it's a really good game whilst it works.

I plan to spread the news of the corrupted-save patch like wildfire so hopefully a lot of people will come back once it's out. Well, that's -once- it comes out...

Hi everyone i to am one of the many people who have fallen victim to the corrupt save data issue. Im now on my 3rd profile after losing a level 74 and another of 54, im currently up to level 43 on my 3rd. I sent CM an email of complaint and outlined my issues and this was the reply.....

We aim to release a game update shortly which should resolve any issues with save files being reported as corrupt.

Please note, however, that this will not restore save files that have been altered by the user or corrupted due to data problems on your hard drive.

In the meantime, you should be able to play on an alternative profile, until the patch is release.............

I followed up this by way of a phone call to customer services today and was told the above. I was also told that a patch has been created and submitted to sony and microsoft for QA testing as codemasters dont have the finnal ok before putting it on the live servers. They told me it was submitted around 2 weeks ago and could take a further 2-3weeks before approved. They have also told me they have no good will gestures in mind for those who have been affected.  I guess we just got to be patient and take our loses on the chin unless you wait for the patch and get your corrupted data restored. GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Interesting info. Thanks for sharing. :)

Reloaded4 said:

Please note, however, that this will not restore save files that have been altered by the user or corrupted due to data problems on your hard drive.

So this means the corruptions due to turning the game off while saving will not be fixed, as suspected.

I was thinking this before. Just what if, what if my corruption is due to that? I will feel sorry for the people who did turn the xbox off while saving and think the glitch is the reason why they got a corruption. :( 

I'm still hoping im not one of these people. (insert nervous laugh here) :/

So I just thought I'd have a search and see if I could find any info about how long Sony/MS take to approve a patch. Turns out Capcom have answered this question in the past.

They said "SCEA and MS can turn things around in 5-7 days most times".

So if that's the case the patch should hit any time now.

Don't hold your breath. :'(

just loaded up Grid Autosport there is a update but still says save corrupt so do we have to start a new game or is this not the fix

Lemme have a look.

Nope, no update for me. Maybe your system cache ran out and it had to redownload the Day 1 Patch again.