Sign in to follow this  

Corrupt Save Files - Fix Incoming!

Definitely no patch my end, I was up early this morning to have a quick bash at this weeks challenges. Microsoft are notoriously slow at approving patches and if they've only had it a week then I will not be holding my breath that it gets released particularly soon.

OctoberDusk06Member New Car Smell

Add another victim to the list...and very dedicated user.

Yea, I was one of those who was merrily paling along and had even organized a league on a major website. Now, this corruption problem has blown all those plans out of the water. There is a good change Codemasters will take a massive (maybe fatal) PR hit for this...people are already losing interest, especially with newer options coming out. This was supposed to be the bridge to the new generation, but instead it's a bear trap.

One question though -- I hear people saying (for xbox 360 users) -- just sell off abnormal upgraded cars and those with crazy price tags, then play the first save....

But I can't even GET to the first save (over 300 races, level 79, 7 cars over 40XP, etc.) because I get the "your files are corrupt) error. So, how would I go about saving my files on an xbox? USB port? Cloud? And if I do that, then if I go in and start a new career, won't the old one we wiped out? How am I supposed to get the old save file back into the new fave file on an xbox? And I can't do as suggested with the cars (sell them off, etc.) because I can't open my corrupted save file. Catch-22.

What a disaster....

----------------------------------

Just save the corrupt save onto a USB stick Robert. Once the patch is out hopefully you will be able to load it and it will be working ok.. thats a BIG hopefully though buddy. In the meantime of cours anything you do and save to a new file will be lost when the old one is used again.. at least thats what I assume will be the case.

Codemasters simply said if you still have the saved data and not overwritten it by way of starting a new grid autosports profile it will be restored. But for this to work you must start a new xbox profile then when the patch arrives switch back to your original xbox profile/gamertag and your corrupted saved data thats linked to that orignal profile wil be fixed upon arrival of the patch, so the guy on the phone at codemasters told me yesterday. And incase some of you didnt read all my post yesterday the guy at CM told me were looking at anywhere from 2-3weeks before patch is ready and unlikely to be before, but it could be longer if sony or microsoft find a flaw in the patch codemasters have created, which means were be back to square one and will have no idea when it will arrive maybe months!!. Fingers crossed CM got it right first time a. Thoses of you that think you had the patch yesterday on xbox and ps3 this simply isnt the case. You my have had somesort of update but it wouldnt have been in relation to this discussion.

I want a refund for my season pass because I'm fed of all the bugs got a save corrupted last night on my ps3 was level 103 online 13 cars 500.000 credit all gone 

I guess the real question is:  at what point do you consider this a breach of contract and simply consider the game unplayable or, at the very least, not delivered as promised -- and demand a refund? I'd be a whole lot more explanatory if I were Codemasters right now. That's not meant a criticism, but trying to be helpful. Because, at some point, this ticking time bomb will explode if not fixed, explained and put to rest.

Reloaded4 said:

Codemasters simply said if you still have the saved data and not overwritten it by way of starting a new grid autosports profile it will be restored. But for this to work you must start a new xbox profile then when the patch arrives switch back to your original xbox profile/gamertag and your corrupted saved data thats linked to that orignal profile wil be fixed upon arrival of the patch, so the guy on the phone at codemasters told me yesterday. And incase some of you didnt read all my post yesterday the guy at CM told me were looking at anywhere from 2-3weeks before patch is ready and unlikely to be before, but it could be longer if sony or microsoft find a flaw in the patch codemasters have created, which means were be back to square one and will have no idea when it will arrive maybe months!!. Fingers crossed CM got it right first time a. Thoses of you that think you had the patch yesterday on xbox and ps3 this simply isnt the case. You my have had somesort of update but it wouldnt have been in relation to this discussion.

Ok, I hear ya. But I have a follow up question:

I have another user I.D. for the same xbox live account (wife has one too)...and so I used that to get on xbox live and then booted up the game. The game only recognized me as a "new" player, so I could start again as if I'd just bought it. This allows me to play the game, at least, even though I dare not build my garage or do the challenges, or even play on line for fear of having another corrupt file.

Would simply doing this prevent me from restoring my old user I.D. files once the patch comes out? (I backed them up to a flash drive before I did this new user I.D. thing BTW).

Thanks.

Thats exactly what you need to do OCTOBERDUSK going on what i was told by CM.

Make your wifes profile the default ID. Tho not all of us have more than one account on our consoles, in whichcase we would proberly have to pay for one and make that the default account ( making the game more expensive and alot more things we shouldnt have to be doing just to play a game we enjoy). And no this will not affect your corrupt data on your orignal ID. Once the patch arrives start your ID with the corrupt data on it and the patch should fix it, according to the guy at CM.

I do agree i too would find it hard to do that and not build up my garage do challenges ect and put the effort in like we would with our original game save.. 

Hope this helps,

Im basing all ive mention on the fact i spoke with Codemaster direct over the phone. Simply passing on the info ive been told.

I said earlier in this thread ALL your saves SHOULD work with racenet. No idea if you can have more than one save per user ID though but you can on PC and ALL my saves link to my Racenet account.

I had a corrupted save with all the 1st weeks challenges done at a high level (Top 1-3%). I thought I'd lose the rewards or only get them after the fix.

I started a new driver profile and to my surprise I received the rewards on the new save, in other words the rewards CAN be added to the new save profile. This meant that in the new 2 day old save I suddenly had enough cash to buy the cars for the next set of challenges (almost).

This has happened twice so I now have 3 saves at various stages, the REAL bonus is in jumping from one save to the next as with only 30-35 garage slots available I can have up to 90-105 cars and test them against each other to decide which suit my driving style best.

I really hope this patch is out soon.  I've just got my 4th corrupt game.  I have a copy of a game saved to USB but it seems that as soon as I hit 265 online races with it the game corrupts.  I'm at the stage now where it corrupts everytime I use it so I  can't actually progress the game any further.  I must be honest, this could have been a great game but I'm starting to run out of patience.  I know it's in Microsoft/Sonys hands now but the fact of the matter is this should never have been allowed to happen.  CM should have got this right.... It's a basic function of any game.

I have encountered several other online "glitches and problems" (many related to buying upgrades and them disappearing meaning I have to buy them again).  This leads me to believe that the online element of the game just hasn't been tested properly......   Sorry CM.... this isn't good enough.  Really disappointed :(

Feel a bit sorry for Loore too.... he must be fed up with having to bear the brunt of all this on behalf of the ppl who messed this up !!!  I hope they pay him well !!!!

Sorry, but to all that have their 4th, 5th, 6th even 10th+ corrupt save, well, I thought you would of learnt the lesson after the 2nd time.... its going to keep happening until the patch comes out, your wasting you own time and effort and getting more frustrated each time to do it.

Save yourself some trouble, hassle and frustration by waiting till the patch comes out. play another game for a bit. :)

It's possible to by pass this savefile corruption by selling the cars which have an insane value, for example: if your Peogeot 408 SCB costed 150,000$ when you bought it and now somehow it sells for 4,000,000$, imediatly sell it.

Another suggestion is:

1.  Avoid upgrading and tuning your cars during a lobby, do that ONLY in your garage.
  2. If you play racenet challenges, avoid using your own car during an event, it can corrupt your savefile so just use the loan car.

I managed to get an old backup before my savefile corruption, I followed this exact steps and now have been playing for over 2 weeks without any issue.

wicken said:

It's possible to by pass this savefile corruption by selling the cars which have an insane value, for example: if your Peogeot 408 SCB costed 150,000$ when you bought it and now somehow it sells for 4,000,000$, imediatly sell it.

Another suggestion is:

1.  Avoid upgrading and tuning your cars during a lobby, do that ONLY in your garage.
  2. If you play racenet challenges, avoid using your own car during an event, it can corrupt your savefile so just use the loan car.

I managed to get an old backup before my savefile corruption, I followed this exact steps and now have been playing for over 2 weeks without any issue.

it does work my save as been fine since i started selling cars worth more than normal

It might work but still, if everyone is selling cars at inflated prices will CM take this as exploiting a glitch and take all your cash away? 

SASBlink said:

It might work but still, if everyone is selling cars at inflated prices will CM take this as exploiting a glitch and take all your cash away? 

Yes but no..XD. The cars wich increases its value, and aren´t all the cars, are only wich has been upgraded, i tested this since the beggining, so when you have to sell a car you own you lose all the upgrades and Level with the car. In fact you could have millions to buy cars but only to have them and never could be upgraded except some models, so is not so "exploit the glitch" only because you can try the cars but never repair, use with your club liveries, etc...or becames corrupted, the cars and consequently the save game.

Salute.

P.s. i preffer to have 1,5 millions winned in races and my favourite cars ready to rock, instead of a garage with hyper-cars that i can only try as if it was a loan car. I buy one, up the level for a Challenge, modified some parts, try to beat a good time and then sell it, or awill destroy my save and return to the previous save. Is a complete dissaster in fact...

SASBlink said:

Sorry, but to all that have their 4th, 5th, 6th even 10th+ corrupt save, well, I thought you would of learnt the lesson after the 2nd time.... its going to keep happening until the patch comes out, your wasting you own time and effort and getting more frustrated each time to do it.

Save yourself some trouble, hassle and frustration by waiting till the patch comes out. play another game for a bit. :)

Sorry Blink but it's not us that need to learn lessons, it's CM... they need to learn how to code Save Game functions properly lol.  I'm not frustrated, I have a back up, just running out of patience, I bought this game nearly a month ago... if we were talking TVs I would have had a same day replacement or refund.  It's not like we're talking about a few glitches here, we're talking about a major game breaking bug.  However, I apologise for expecting games to be thoroughly tested before release to the extent where they can actually be played by the people who bought them  :)

Every CM game I've bought has had corrupt save issues, so actually maybe you're right... maybe the lesson to be learnt is not to buy anymore CM games :)

This game, its like having a model girlfriend, good looking, great in bed, great personality but tends to have the occasional psychotic outbreak and then throws all your stuff out the nearest window. 

Do you go back for more? 

My first answer would be hell no! then I think about it an the answer is yes, as long as you don't take your prized possessions there so she can break them, then its fine. Just be very patient and make sure she take her medication and finishes her therapy. ;)

LMAO... They can't even figure out how to code the game right, what makes you think they'll know how to do that since everything is stored in your save.

SASBlink said:

LMAO... They can't even figure out how to code the game right, what makes you think they'll know how to do that since everything is stored in your save.

SASBlink said:
This game, its like having a model girlfriend, good looking, great in bed, great personality but tends to have the occasional psychotic outbreak and then throws all your stuff out the nearest window. 

Do you go back for more? 

My first answer would be hell no! then I think about it an the answer is yes, as long as you don't take your prized possessions there so she can break them, then its fine. Just be very patient and make sure she take her medication and finishes her therapy. ;)

Lol... I'd rather compare it to a car that you love and don't want to sell, despite the fact it keeps breaking down :smiley: 

well there goes my second corrupted save! 500+ online races! Just right after paying you money for your new dlc packs, I go to play and get this message "Thank YOU FOR YOUR RECENT PURCHASE AND THE HOURS SPENT ON OUR WONDERFUL NEW GAME ! TO SHOW OUR APPRECIATION WE WOULD LIKE TO CORRUPT YOUR GAME SAVE AND GIVE YOU A FRESH START!"...... So I guess the boost pack makes sense  now! Seems like a scam is being pulled! I'm done with your game!!!! Codemasters ... The name doesn't fit!!!!

All of these dlc's coming out when there is a major fix that should be out and top priority! I feel like an idiot for contributing to your company! I should have withheld buying anything until this was fixed! Also to you advocates that are challenging us customers that rightfully upset to not getting what we paid for, not getting straight answers.....you are not helping us with pushing code amateurs to resolve this with more urgency! All I hear is tentatively "A fix is on the way". Its like getting answers from politicians! This game is like dating a slut that has a nice body! You enjoy her great assets but you know in the end she will make you crazy and screw you over again and again.........sure sweets you want some money? Okay ..... Now give some love... WRONG !!! Tease tease 

Dude it's MS and SONY delaying the rollout for consoles not CM... Been said before yeteverybody just rants instead of reading....

Dude it's MS and SONY delaying the rollout for consoles not CM... Been said before yeteverybody just rants instead of reading....

Just because it's "been said" doesn't mean it's completely true.