DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PS4 Advancded Setup please

I'm just getting really annoyed with the Rally event side of this game. Rallycross is easy currently on Elite and winning. Rally on the other hand is stupid. 

Ai in first place can get a 50 second lead over you and im on 2nd with a 40 second lead over 3rd. Germany track seems to be the only track I win consistently sometimes with a 20 second lead on a stage. 

So is there a set up i can use to make these events easier or so that im not so far behind 1st place

The first page of this forum has 2 threads of the same nature already, both of which were created today, but you went ahead and created a third instead for whatever reason. 

Anyway, please go to this link: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/40847/dirt-rally-setup-sharing-thread#latest 

Through that link you can discuss setups, get help, and gain knowledge on how to create your own setups. 

/closed 

Boyd12 said:
Not what I'm looking for I want a controller setup. Sensitvity 
Use the search function on the forum, because that's been discussed plenty as well. 
In short, it's down to personal preference, so just play around until you feel comfortable. Each to their own. 

Also, the car setups are called 'Advanced Setups', so the title of this thread was understandably misleading, hence my initial reply. 

I have been using some controller set up, and one set up in particular was fine but when I tried to reverse the car did nothing. brakes fine but cant reverse why is that ?

Boyd12 said:
I have been using some controller set up, and one set up in particular was fine but when I tried to reverse the car did nothing. brakes fine but cant reverse why is that ?
Are you running with automatic or manual gears? 

If automatic then you need to bring the car to a stop with the brake, and then press the brake again to reverse (I believe). 
If manual, then you just shift down past neutral, and press the accelerator. 

Its stll going to be a little tough on a ps4 or xbox controller you only have so much movement on a stick right or left and look how small it is vs a wheel that has various degrees of movement  and mimics a real car steering wheel. Practice is your friend 

Yes I was at a complete stop pressed reverse nothing. 

I just want more stability after losing control 

Boyd12 said:
Yes I was at a complete stop pressed reverse nothing. 

I just want more stability after losing control 
Not too sure what's going on there then... maybe try manually remap your buttons. 

In regards to the actual control of the car, it's a double-edged sword when on the pad.

You can opt for higher sensitivity for better reactions, but that will bring with it a twitchy car on fast straights, and if your thumb isn't trained for small movements on the stick, then things can go horribly wrong. 

The opposite of that would be to lower the sensitivity so that your stick movements are translated into smaller ones, so that you don't find yourself tank-slapping down a long straight in Finland. The downside of this of course is that if you need to apply opposite lock in a car like a Mk2, then the virtual steering wheel will take longer to turn. 

It's all about finding a balance. 

The common settings I've seen for a PS4 pad is to have the sensitivity to 100 and linearity to 20. This means that when the car is slowing down you'll have responsive control, but at speeds your car will be less twitchy. 

Deadzone is down to personal preference, but some people like applying either 5 or 10 deadzone.