Community Rally School

Yeah it kinda is tbh, I find it odd they would omit that part for the console version. I don't necessarily think they would need a third party or external system to manage it though as it's been done before in game without the need for it. I think it was Forza 2 on the 360 which had livery/tune upload/download options in game which was pretty good.
I really do hope they will work out some way of doing it though as it would help a lot of drivers right from newcomer/amateur to Pro alike. Be good to look at setups for those drivers who have decent times - I get it has a lot to do with 'style' of driving but it does help to see what others are tweaking and seeing if those changes helps your own driving.

If you want to shave that extra 5~10sec, you definitely need a specific suspension setup. Where the so call driving style(aka habits to drive the wrong way) you can make up the time lost, especially with a gamepad.

Can someone explain, or share a good source that explais what exactly differentials do and how they work in rally cars? I know the basic function of the differential (to distribute power seperately to different wheels), but I see that there are a few different differentials in some cars, what are the differences between them?

http://www.oldrallysport.on.ca/articles/diffs.html

404 Not Found :(

404 Not Found :(
When you reach the 404 not found, highlight the URL & click "enter".

It's the right url, but that's one odd url. Doesn't seem to like external link.

@Didzis

I was going to say that too after I hovered over the original posted link and saw the long list of spaces after the actual url lol

Hi everyone. I'm a ps4 player and i use the pad. I absolutely love the game for the challenge that everyday offers me,
and i'm grateful with developers expecially on 2 points:
- the level of difficulty that is the same for everyone
- the porting of the game on ps4. It's really, really awesome, i bought a play 4 for Dirt and other 2 games.
I'm playing this game tons of times and it's intense the feeling of achieving experience and goals = all of this means happiness.

Have a good day and sorry for my english, i'm italian. 

I had the spiking pedal issue with my G25. So my potentiometer was acting funny & often add little acceleration even while turning. It basically made the car understeer slightly due to the nature of the transaxle(differential integrated in the gearbox) work..

I suppose adding a bit of a deadzone on the accelerator for steering wheel users can improve the turn in speed by correcting the driving style. It can reduce the tendency of understeering at the most crucial time due to the nature of how the physic work in the game.

When racing it's pretty much on/off so it shouldn't affect much the pace.

The best way to adjust the deadzone on the accelerator is to rest you foot & make sure it stay at 0% when simply touching it. It's not the game fault, but if you have a very used pedal, the spring is very soft on the slightest touch so it may add very little throttle input unwillingly & make the car understeer even before you corner.

4 pages and not a single word about PERKS????

come on... this is basic to get a car upgraded quickly.

Fidds78 said:
Prob because no1 asked @OzoreXS? 

I'm too short apparently...

Relax, I´m just throwing it out.

I think its basic to understand the management on perks as you run along carrer mode.

Its interesting to make sure you have all cars fully upgraded facing online RX races and Leagues where the garage cars are active.

:smiley:

OzoreXS said:
4 pages and not a single word about PERKS????

come on... this is basic to get a car upgraded quickly.
Probably because no one really cares about them and just takes their sweet time driving the cars, which naturally unlocks stuff by itself :P

I have a versatile setup and I'm more than happy with it. I don't need to have fully upgraded car in a matter of 12 stages. I'm perfectly happy with doing 2-3 full events on Master level. Gives me more time to get the hang of the car and decide whether I like it or not.

I finally have a reason to ask something here:) What do you do if you have unlocked and upgraded everything and beaten Masters everywhere? Right, you try how hard it would be to get one of those sweet World Record times on a stage. So I'm in the process of trying to achieve that. 
First I tried Lysvik, but stupid snowbanks push me to far into catious driving there (#36 on LB), so I picked my (probably) favorite stage in the game right now: Perasma Platini, so fast, so little room for error, so nice looking, and a very predictible surface to drive on.

I achieved #20 LB after a few tries, missing roughly 20s to WR. I count up to roughly 10 corners, where I either drove suboptimal or I can still see a line improvement. But even if every one of those cost me 1,5s (Which is high for 'one' corner) I'm still 5s short. Soo, my question would be some setup advice? Can you see anything in the footage where my setup is improvable? Especially regarding Gear-ratio and Diffs (I'm super-confident with the current suspension and damper-settings) Any time to get there?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rilCcBzfEc

P.S. I was actually surprised how few common names here from the forum where in the Perasma Platini upper rankings o.O
Do many still don't like Greece? I felt liking it more and more the better I got at driving. 

Cheers
SkyRex

I tried just playing about ( I can't remember how ) before starting the Championships which didn't really help as I went right into the Impreza. I only tried it a few times then started in a car I didn't like so deleted my file and started the Championship in the Mini hoping it would help, I finished 3rd which I suppose was decent since I didn't have to go through it all again.

My advice ( I've just got the game ) is to try out a few cars in each era before purchasing a vehicle for the Championship.

Hello, quick question for everyone.

Although I remain pretty bad at this great game, I always have a desire to make things as realistic as possible. Even though I have no driving experience or interest in motorsport in life.

With that said, what's the most realistic setting for the camera shake option when you are in cockpit view?

Thanks

When we have all RallyCross tracks !? ;) Im lvl 82 now and maybe like 40 lvl from RallyCross RX Supercars lol and i like to race on new tracks :) Specially the one from Canada GP3R , I'm live at the event and races are intense thats the fastest/longest track :)

like @l8lProvostl8l said me and my friends we would like to get access to the Free Roam / Joyride like Dirt 3 it was awesome and one of the reason we bought the game :/  

Pls add it to next patch ! :)

I've got three questions guys. I just got pedals with the clutch and wanted to use them with a shifter in Dirt Rally and Dirt 4. Being used to driving with two pedals (left foot braking), I find it really difficult to adjust to driving with a clutch and manual H gearbox. What's more effective, driving like in the real car (right foot for throttle and brake, left for clutch), or keeping your right foot on the throttle and having left foot operate brake and clutch? How did real rally drivers drive?

Also, to keep things realistic, I assume H gear pattern and clutch should be used with historic cars, because modern cars have sequential gearbox and clutch is just used for the start. Am I right? Could anyone tell me roughly what combinations of pedals/gearboxes did different groups have?

And the last question (maybe a little dumb), do rally drivers use a handbrake or a clutch nowadays on the start line to rev the engine before the green light? 

I've got three questions guys. I just got pedals with the clutch and wanted to use them with a shifter in Dirt Rally and Dirt 4. Being used to driving with two pedals (left foot braking), I find it really difficult to adjust to driving with a clutch and manual H gearbox. What's more effective, driving like in the real car (right foot for throttle and brake, left for clutch), or keeping your right foot on the throttle and having left foot operate brake and clutch? How did real rally drivers drive?

Also, to keep things realistic, I assume H gear pattern and clutch should be used with historic cars, because modern cars have sequential gearbox and clutch is just used for the start. Am I right? Could anyone tell me roughly what combinations of pedals/gearboxes did different groups have?

And the last question (maybe a little dumb), do rally drivers use a handbrake or a clutch nowadays on the start line to rev the engine before the green light? 
I don't have a clutch pedal myself so I can't give you any tips but usually real world drivers do this (mainly): with modern cars which have a sequential gearbox they always left-foot brake and they use the clutch very rarely (at the start and if I remember correctly with the handbrake). With older cars with manuals they used to do both right and left foot braking, combined with heel and toe and a few other mental things that are quite unbelievable if you ask me...
If you search on YouTube there are slme videos of WRC foot cam and one of Colin McRae so you could also watch those