Jump to content Jump to content

Joker Lap Invalid: Entrance Missed

babaluk

As you can clearly see in this video I had a perfect joker entrance and exit.  The game said "Joker Lap Invalid: Entrance Missed" and instead of winning the race (which I did) I got a 30 second penalty.  Codies????  What the Frick?  http://xboxclips.com/babaluk/00573be8-5b64-49c3-8d1d-e3946d418dfc

Post here: http://forums.codemasters.com/categories/dirt-games-technical-assistance
and don't use what the frick? etc etc. Be formal.  And ask the mod to move or delete the topic. 

Good night,

Ivy.

I was hoping for a discussion rather than submit a bug.  Very odd error message and pentalty.  I was wondering if other players have seen this.  I did not  realize that gamers spoke with such formal language either.  That has not been my experience online.

I've had this a couple of times on Hell: it seems to occur if you enter the joker too far onto the right. I now hit joker with about a cars width between that tyre stack and the track: it hasn't happened since.  :)

• Codemasters Staff
Have you had this occur more than once?  I am giving it a try right now to try find if there is a sweet spot for causing this, so far I have only been able to reproduce it via going to the right of the tire stack on the way in.

CMMcBabe said:
Have you had this occur more than once?  I am giving it a try right now to try find if there is a sweet spot for causing this, so far I have only been able to reproduce it via going to the right of the tire stack on the way in.
Thanks everyone for replying.  I have never seen this error before.  In the video it shows my car about 1/2 car width from the tires on the right.  I was shocked to see this after having a flawless race and perfect (for me) joker.

video: 
http://xboxclips.com/babaluk/00573be8-5b64-49c3-8d1d-e3946d418dfc

CMMcBabe said:
Every time I can remember it happen it's been on the first lap (i.e. off the line). If I'm sitting on the inside (the right side) of the front row I go flat out straight into the joker. Doing that and passing too close to that tyre stack on the right seems to trigger the "invalid joker lap" warning. Perhaps try going into the joker from the right side of the track and skimming that tyre stack if you want to trigger it? As I said above, I now leave a bit of space to the right of the car as I go in (which works better for the line I take anyway) and I haven't triggered it since.

• 1 year later...
This bugs still there, just hit it on today's Dirt Daily doing Rallycross around Hell, I checked the replay and the Joker entrance looked perfect, nowhere near missing it.

If you're still looking to fix it and can grab some telemetry out of my run on the Dirt Daily it might help tell you what's wrong, lookup OvalRacer on the PS4 results for today, 27th November's, event.

Archived