Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When setting up a event for a league, what.........

When setting up a event for a league, what does the allow Checkpoint option do ? i tried setting allow and off and i dont notice any change ? cheers

The checkpoint is the stage a driver will restart at if the game crashes. So if you have a checkpoint on stage 3 and a driver has a game crash, loss of connection, power outage, etc. on stage 6, when they rejoin the event they will have to start at stage 3 again.

Ah, thx for explanation, cheers, so if i setup a season with 1 event with 12 stages, where would you put the checkpoints, each stage ? were on consoles, and what happens if i dont use checkpoints, and lets say guy is near the end of stage 1, i guess he cant enter that stage again ? thx 

I am not sure what happens if you have no checkpoints. It might depend on what you have your restart event / stage settings at. If you have event and stage restarts off, you might have a scenario that someone is simply DNF'd from the event if he loses power on stage 1. I am not sure tho.

I haven't implemented checkpoints yet as my last season was ongoing when they were introduced. I plan on putting them on the same stages as service in my next season, probably not more than 3-4 stages apart since myself and others in my league suffer from an occasional game crash. I don't want someone to have to run half a rally over again, but I do want to minimize the ability to exploit the "oops my power went out" exploit and re-running the stage if they had a bad run. This was the exploit the checkpoint system was meant to overcome.

Well im only setting up 1 event with 12 stages at a time per season, so i reckon i wont use checkpoints myself.

Can't you also abuse this by leaving before every stage (if you have checkpoints at every stage) and practice the next stage before running it? rinse and repeat for all stages? I thought checkpoints were to allow this or not and it doesn't work like that, or maybe it works, but it doesn't prevent anyone from doing practice.