XBox One issues - please report here

@CMMcBabe, I uninstalled and reinstalled DiRT Rally digitally on my Xbox One a week ago, and have just had the exact same graphical artifacting issue on the dials and dashboard, where they are flickering a horrible fluorescent pink and yellow, when driving the BMW E30 M3 Evo Rally during the 1080s Powys, Wales Weekly Event, so this is still very much as an issue.

Hi, i was wondering if i'm the only person having this problem.

When i first load back into my career the dash/interior of my Mini Cooper is all multi-coloured. I have to save & quit and re-load then it's fine, any ideas?

Stussy22 said:
Hi, i was wondering if i'm the only person having this problem.

When i first load back into my career the dash/interior of my Mini Cooper is all multi-coloured. I have to save & quit and re-load then it's fine, any ideas?
A small number of people get this and we have some changes in the next patch that we think should address it.

So my copy of DiRT Rally took a patch for Xbox One when I booted it up yesterday on the 16/06/2016 at 15:22:10 +01:00:

DiRT.Rally_1.0.112.4424_x64__62ktj6msykznt

Although on the title screen the version number is still listed as v1.100, does this mean the patch has taken or not?

I launch the next race in my Weekly Challenge this morning, and straightaway, the interior of my Lancia Delta S4 is flickering away with blue, green, and turquoise artifacting, so the patch has quite clearly not fixed that issue in the slightest.

Even closing the game down from the dashboard and re-attempting the same event doesn't fix matters.

I am currently on the latest build of the preview dashboard, not public, if that makes a difference?

After several restarts of the game, I was able to play with the proper looking interior view, here's a comparison screenshot:

The game has been out for over 2 months now, and this issue has persisted since day one.

The "The Only Way is Up" achievement did not unlock for me, even though I finished in the top tier in yesterday's Daily Event (Audi Quatro). My gamertag is Anima Pura. Thank you in advance.

AnimaPura said:
The "The Only Way is Up" achievement did not unlock for me, even though I finished in the top tier in yesterday's Daily Event (Audi Quatro). My gamertag is Anima Pura. Thank you in advance.
Is it shown as unlocking when you go to the achievement app?

When I wanted to play Dirt Rally on Xbox One this week, I had to download an update. Now, my game shows version "1.100".

The problem now is that I can't hear the copilot anymore ! (in french, because I'm french too...)
I tried to change things in settings, but nothing changed... I tried to uninstall and reinstall the game : same result.

Am I the only one ?

Other problem : my home cinema is DTS and DOLBY DIGITAL compatible. But Dirt Rally doesn't seems to send any sound at the rear and at the subwoofer... Sad... I have to play in stereo.

Is something gonna happen to solve these problems ?

Thanks ! (and sorry for my approximative english)

Cxx said:
When I wanted to play Dirt Rally on Xbox One this week, I had to download an update. Now, my game shows version "1.100".

The problem now is that I can't hear the copilot anymore ! (in french, because I'm french too...)
I tried to change things in settings, but nothing changed... I tried to uninstall and reinstall the game : same result.

Am I the only one ?

Other problem : my home cinema is DTS and DOLBY DIGITAL compatible. But Dirt Rally doesn't seems to send any sound at the rear and at the subwoofer... Sad... I have to play in stereo.

The co-driver comes from the central channel.
If you have recently changed your sound output, have you done it both in game and in the Xbox One settings menu?  This can cause the co-driver to be silent.

Cxx said:

Am I the only one ?

Hi Cxx, I had the same problem with the co-driver going silent after the last update. Set your Xbox One sound output (in the system meny) to Stereo. I had 7.1 surround output but was playing on a stereo setup, which seemingly has worked fine up until now.

Stange thing...

I tried to play yesterday. 5.1 worked well, and the co-driver was back ! I didn't change anything in the settings. But my subwoofer doesn't give bass enough, and in stereo basses are great, clear and loud.

I can't understand why.

Dirty rally will not load my game save I'm getting a message that's telling me to clear my local game saves. I'm a bit reluctant to to do that. Any suggestions or help please. I have 1 stage left to run in the monthly "sigh"

Never mind I think more of a Xbox profile/sync problem

Having a hard time connecting with my friend to play rally cross. We just want to do a 1v1. We start a lobby...check ready to go...goes into another loading screen and then each time we get an message saying " network error ...not enough players" and it puts us back into the menu. What are we doing wrong? or is this a bug?

Thanks...

I launched DiRT Rally last night, pressed "A" to load the game and was greeted with the following message:

The save data is corrupt
(0x00042000-0x1000004b)
You'll need to set up a new profile in order to play DiRT Rally. Do you want to set one up now ? Selecting "NO" will return you to the title screen.

I messaged 2 XBL friends who were playing DiRT Rally and they reported there were no issues with the game on their end. I came to the DR forums to see if other XBL users might have experienced this save game corruption message. None yet I see so I must be alone with this.
This is not my first rodeo with Codemasters' racing games where the save files become corrupted, last time with GRID Autosport on the Xbox 360.

What I don't understand is the error message suggests I set up a new profile. Isn't my gamertag the profile that DiRT Rally uses to manage data ? Is the game suggesting I use an alternate gamertag just to be able to play ? Well I only have 1 Gold account and the online events are the main draw for me. I have unlocked 60% of the achievements so far and now my game progress has grinded to a halt.

The only option I think to exercise at this point would be to delete my local save file, launch DiRT Rally and pray that the XBL cloud sync can restore my save game file. Will be gutted if I need to start all over again. I absolutely love playing DR, it's been a very fun part of my daily gaming regiment since April 5th.

I'll report back to this thread and let you all know what happened. Wish me luck, thanks !!

I deleted my local DR save game file from the XBL console (not the option to delete from "everywhere"), launched the game, pressed "A" to proceed and the sync bar progress appeared. Unfortunately after the sync finalized I was met with the "save game file is corrupt" message once again. I repeated the process 3 times with 2 console hard resets just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Just for the record......I use a 2 TB Western Digital My Passport external HDD for my XB1 console which is 70% data free and works like a top. Probably not the root for the issue anyways.

Common sense points to the fact that the XBL cloud DR save game file is what is corrupt at this point. There is no way I will be deleting my save from "everywhere" unless other Community members/Codemasters offer a better solution or a fix is on it's way.

Am I the only Xbox One owner of DiRT Rally who has this save game corruption deal ? I need guidance here because as it stands DiRT Rally is dead to me. Please help.

My apologies if that has been reported above.  When I am competing in a Custom Championship and try to use "RB" to "Find Me" on the overall leaderboards, it never actually goes to my place on the overall.  It simply goes to whatever position I would be on my friends leaderboards.  For example, if I am in second place on my friends leaderboard for a given stage, when I hit the "X" button to "View all" and then "RB" to "Find me" it will highlight the second place position on the overall leaderboard.  This is quite disappointing as the only way for me to currently view my overall position is to scroll down until I find my time on the list (which when you are as bad as I am, can take a significant amount time to scroll that far down the leaderboard). 

@KnucklesNorwood 

My error code was different then yours but I fix it by deleting my account from my xbox and then added it back, but it does sound like your cloud save is corrupt. Good luck.

Make sure you know the e-mail  and password before you delete it thought

Thank you Spothedog for posting the tip.

I went ahead and deleted my gamertag from the console, hard reset the Xbox One, restarted and signed back in to my gamertag. Launched DiRT Rally, the sync bar appeared but alas, the save game file is corrupt screen followed. Last night I moved the game to the XB1 internal drive to see if that might fix the issue. Same result so I uninstalled the game.

Today I re-installed the game but yet again, save file corrupt. I have exhausted all the ways to get around the issue so I'll wait it out for a couple days to see if any other Xbox One owners of DiRT Rally post back here about save game file corruption. I might need to delete the data from "everywhere" and start all over again.

Codemasters need to make available a save file for anyone that has lost there unlock saves etc, and also make a separate local save on xbox one as a backup in case cloud save corrupts, i know if i lost my save and 6 months of work i would not touch Dirt Rally again, nobody else would either, this needs to be addressed.

So here I was thinking that the graphical bug had finally been squashed, as I hadn't seen it in a while, when this reared its ugly head once again whilst playing the daily:

http://i.imgur.com/myI9pAg.jpg

Clearly after almost 5 months on general release, Codies are still unable to patch the game up to an acceptable standard.

Seriously Codies, what the Hell is this!?

https://s15.postimg.org/x7g2wzblj/IMG_1befe08e_2f87_4dcf_84b8_13873fb50756.png

I attempted the daily, and the view was zoomed right in on the rear view mirror, making the event completely unplayable!

Cheers for that...

Yet more graphical glitchyness, in what is becoming a daily occurrence right now.

Check out the bars on the window (they should be black), and the roof:

https://s12.postimg.org/9loqn9mlp/IMG_cb3a3024_3483_4128_8c79_66e1564e1969.png

I hate to say this, but seriously Codies, sort your sh*t out!

https://s21.postimg.org/iv7woglfb/IMG_00ca21b3_3e3c_4b44_9178_89998c6d0c3d.png

Given that it a but disappears and just looks white when racing in the sun, but gets progressively worse when driving in shadowy areas, such as through forests, I can only assume that this is something to do with the shadow renderer?

Either way, it's beyond shocking that you have still failed to fix what has been an issue since launch.

At least the F1 2016 team seem to have managed to launch a bug free Codemasters game for once...

So I deleted and reinstalled DiRT RALLY, booted up today's daily, only to be hit with the zoomed in view again.

At this rate, I may as well just delete the game from my HDD permanently, as it's becoming increasingly unplayable in its current state.