Jump to content Jump to content

XBox One issues - please report here

ChristinaMc

You can keep ignoring the horrible graphical glitches in this game Codies as much as you want, but they're not going to go away, and I'm going to keep posting each and every time your game screws up on me.

https://s21.postimg.org/svedppbbr/IMG_be70e5e2_e2ac_40f2_abd2_b5df687bf8dd.png
I remember a time when seeing Codemasters' name on the box was a sign of quality, but it's fast becoming a warning sign that you should steer clear at all costs, as they'd rather shove the game out the door and forget about it, rather than patch it to fix horrendous graphical glitches such as this:

http://s13.postimg.org/rkdxria93/IMG_31515a7e_bb45_49ea_86ac_c764bf80874d.png

It's been almost 6 months now, so I'd say it's safe to assume that this is never going away.
How bad does a game have to be before it can be considered no longer fit for purpose?

We've already seen Hello Games taking some heat in the media over the perceived misrepresentation of No Man's Sky, I'd really like to see some online outlets put the squeeze on Codemasters' for their lacklustre after sales support of their products.

Case in point, the patchwork quilt graphical bug that STILL haunts the game to this day:

https://s3.postimg.org/jlc9i3c3n/IMG_ac398ac2_19d8_4ef4_99ce_e2db8e544a51.png

And what's the response that Codies trots out each time?

"Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it?"

Yes, yes I have, many times, and it makes not one jot of difference.

So how about you do your job, and actually patch the bloody thing, it's only been 6 months for crying out loud!
  • 3 weeks later...
WTF is this!?

https://s9.postimg.org/ltw4ddxr3/IMG_054821e8_9728_4392_b53c_8b61d80bf6fc.png

There is literally no reason as far as I can see for the issue to be showing up there, yet here it is.

May I point out that this is on brand new Xbox One S hardware, which for nearly 2 weeks, ran the game flawlessly, lulling me into a false sense that perhaps it fixed an issue which Codies themselves clearly can not be bothered with, but no, it was not to be.
  • 2 weeks later...
Is anyone else having the same issue on the Xbox one?

Neither the controller or steering wheel work in the game (as in to race). Stranger still is that if you go to the 'Advanced Settings' and you test the buttons (pad or wheel) they all register that an input has been made. When I try to race no inputs barring changing the view actually function. There is no countdown for the rally to start either. The car rolls up to the start but then there is no signal to set off. My wheel is the Ferrari 458 Spider race wheel and worked with Project Cars and Forza 5 so I know that neither the wheel or pad are at fault.
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Codemasters Staff
Dronny79 said:
Is anyone else having the same issue on the Xbox one?

Neither the controller or steering wheel work in the game (as in to race). Stranger still is that if you go to the 'Advanced Settings' and you test the buttons (pad or wheel) they all register that an input has been made. When I try to race no inputs barring changing the view actually function. There is no countdown for the rally to start either. The car rolls up to the start but then there is no signal to set off. My wheel is the Ferrari 458 Spider race wheel and worked with Project Cars and Forza 5 so I know that neither the wheel or pad are at fault.
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have you got manual starts turned on in your preferences?  This comes up fairly often, it means you must hold handbrake (defaulted to B button on controller) to start a stage.
Thanks CCMcBabe,

I am pretty sure I tried the handbreak (admittedly I didn't hold it) but I will check the settings and let you know if I am still unsuccessful. I think I will deselect the manual start option although I know it's supposed to give you a boost off the line. I appreciate you getting back to me so soon.

Kind regards
Dronny79
  • Codemasters Staff
My startscreen DR says - v1.100 - is this latest for X1?

Sometimes versions last digits are put together .- so figured v1.23 was out oct 18 - would see v1.230 or something.
1.23 was only out for Steam, it is not on any of the other platforms.
CMMcBabe said:
My startscreen DR says - v1.100 - is this latest for X1?

Sometimes versions last digits are put together .- so figured v1.23 was out oct 18 - would see v1.230 or something.
1.23 was only out for Steam, it is not on any of the other platforms.
Thanks.
Rather weird then that it only says v1,23 is here - and not which platform.
Are we on consoles just invisible morons, or what?

Do it like (PC) v1.23 in announcements.
I understand PC is likely to have more updates since so many different hardware configurations to fail at - it's not that.
  • 2 weeks later...
I originally bought this game for pc. Worked great with my pc and laptop. After some update the game didn't work properly anymore, huge stutter and other "performance" issues, real laggy. You just updated a working game to a non-functional piece of garbage.

So I bought this for my xbox one too. Has been working quite well, but now I'm having these rainbow colors in my cars interior, and it's very annoying. Having used my money twice in this game and still not getting the experience I should makes me quite unhappy. A refund would be nice at this point or atleast an apology. This is no way to treat a customer.

Screenshot here: https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ajf0LoWgWG7Nh9YixKQsSUx_ivI6PQ
Codemasters just don't care, I learnt that the hard way.

Been having the rainbow colours, as well as a zoomed in view for months, since the game launched all the way back on the 4th April in fact, and their only solution is to constantly ask if you have uninstalled and reinstalled the game like a stuck record.

It doesn't fix anything by the way, so don't bother.

They only patched the game once this entire time, failed to fix either problem.

And on my daily just now, I had this:

https://s21.postimg.org/5jxeolg7b/IMG_ef1bcdaa_13e8_4899_8fb5_a4413ab3c80a.png

I tweet Codies and DiRT Game every time this happens, they never reply of course, why should they?  It's not like they have our money now and are happy to let us play their broken pile of rubbish whilst they move onto the next bug riddled load of crap, only this time, I won't be making the mistake of buying it, I'll just warn everyone else from making the same mistake that I did.
So I went to do my first daily today, and the view point was off to the left and zoomed in, like this:

https://s21.postimg.org/e8mpm3jvb/IMG_2404173e_e802_4fdd_8bb1_11015b7a826d.png

How the Hell am I supposed to play like that Codemasters!?

Do you even care that this is an actual problem?

I seriously doubt you will ever patch it, just thought others should be aware just how shoddy your game is.
Codemasters, is it not illegal to sell something that doesn't work as described, or as in this case, is rendered unplayable due to a bug that you refuse to fix?

I only ask this, because this is the second daily, and second time today that the view is zoomed in, rendering the game unplayable:

https://s14.postimg.org/4ff5wz9hd/IMG_13e0a619_4480_47d0_9860_4fe6086ab1bf.png
  • 2 weeks later...
There's a missing art asset here on Xbox One, towards the end of the Björklangen stage, you can see a shadow of the banner strung up above the stage, but you can only see the strings, there's no banner there to be casting the shadow.

https://s27.postimg.org/ryntcztpv/Screenshot_Original.png
BBIAJ - It seems like you should just give up on this game. If a little bit of patchwork coloring puts you off then you clearly aren't enjoying the incredible rally experience very much. I'm sure your mad glitch spotting skills could be put to better use hassling other developers. Surely GTA V could keep you going for a long time
Halfway through the second weekly event, loaded up event 3:

https://s24.postimg.org/qivhzjwl1/IMG_c0fa511c_2e8c_4b94_91d6_e52ed9d683ac.png

Several reboots later, and that event is now running glitch free!

Fingers crossed I can complete the weekly okay.
Smitty87 said:
BBIAJ - It seems like you should just give up on this game. If a little bit of patchwork coloring puts you off then you clearly aren't enjoying the incredible rally experience very much. I'm sure your mad glitch spotting skills could be put to better use hassling other developers. Surely GTA V could keep you going for a long time
Indeed, how dare I expect a game that I have paid for to actually work properly.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the Xbox One Issues thread, hence I am posting issues found with the game.

If you don't have issues with DiRT in its current state, then why are you even here?

Clearly I enjoy the game, else I wouldn't have been playing the daily, weekly, and monthly challenges since the day the game launched.

In case you hadn't noticed, games aren't cheap.  This kind of bug would be acceptable in an early access game preview title, but in a full retail release, it should have been patched out by now.

Or maybe you'd rather next time Codies release a game, I just burn £50 of my money, for all the good it will do me?

It's people with attitudes such as yours that lead to lazy developers, and an overreliance on the grossly huge day one patch culture that has become the norm for this generation of consoles.

I am a long time fan and consumer of Codemasters' games, but alongside their F1 output, this is amongst one of the buggiest games I have seen them put out in recent years.

And it seems that Codemasters are paying attention to this forum, as they finally responded to me on Twitter.

I shouldn't just put up with the patchwork colour issue though, it is clearly a bug, and as such shouldn't exist in the game, or would you rather that broken games remain broken?

Also, I haven't seen a single instance of graphical corruption in GTa V at all, so why you mention that with regards to what is going on in DiRT Rally, is beyond me.

I see that you also ignore the fact I mentioned actual missing level geometry in the game, such as the banner that casts a shadow but doesn't exist.

Do you not agree that is something they should be told about, so that they might hopefully fix it?

Finally, I'm not the only person to post about this bug, I just happen to have kept on reporting it, and all being well, it might eventually pay off.
As for why I am on here, I had a weird racenet glitch the other day and wanted to see if someone else had experienced it. But while I'm on I can't help but read through the posts. Good on you mate, you clearly feel you are doing the developers a service with your helpful and/or angry rants. Who knows? Maybe the next game will have a little flag over that shadow just because of you

BBIAJ said:
this is amongst one of the buggiest games I have seen them put out in recent years.

Then obviously you haven't played Project Cars.  I understand that your aggravated at the fact that there are still issue's, but acting like an A%$ in your replies to Codemaster is really not the way to go.  Show what is happening and explain what you are seeing then move on.  Who knows maybe they will actually answer your reply with a "we are working on a fix to your problem" instead of not answering you at all.
2pfspiff said:
BBIAJ said:
this is amongst one of the buggiest games I have seen them put out in recent years.

Then obviously you haven't played Project Cars.  I understand that your aggravated at the fact that there are still issue's, but acting like an A%$ in your replies to Codemaster is really not the way to go.  Show what is happening and explain what you are seeing then move on.  Who knows maybe they will actually answer your reply with a "we are working on a fix to your problem" instead of not answering you at all.
I do own Project Cars, but you have misread what I said.  I said that this is one of the buggiest games I have seen them, meaning Codemasters themselves, put out, not in general.

And in case you hadn't noticed, and you clearly haven't, I already said that Codemasters responded to me on Twitter, to say that they are aware of issues on the Xbox One version of DiRT Rally.
@ BBIAJ

You're right I did miss you say that Codemaster replied to you on Twitter.  My mistake. So how long are you giving them before you start bashing Codemaster again because they aren't fixing your issues will be the big question at this point?

Archived