Jump to content Jump to content

XBox One issues - please report here


ChristinaMc

Recommended Posts

DIRT 4
Rain effects in the cockpit cam aren't working on Xbox one. I just get a few black streaks ... even in heavy rain ... a bit like its raining oil. 

I know this is a common concern amongst people but it would be nice to have car handling a bit more like dirt rally ... ie being able to power slide a 4WD round a corner.

Apart from that, I absolutely love it :)!!
Link to post
Share on other sites
DNF Portal Bug. Reported to support@codemasters on 15.06.17, reported to Xbox Live Technical 15.06.17.

 Game content unplayable due to penalty DNF Bug Crash  results in blocking all sections of unplayed game content in an event where you finished the 1st Stage.

The first situation on 10.06.17 in a single section where DNF crash occurred and the end of the section posted time 5:36:03 but whilst waiting for that time transition the game froze and after approximately 1 minute the Xbox Console reverts to Player Dashboard  (Xbox doesn't crash). I  then reload 'Play' Dirt 4 game. I return to 'Community Events'. In the Event that crashed, in the bottom of window on Left instead of stage time it says DNF. I click on this event and it does not allow further activity. 

I have tested this  5 out of  5 time since then.

In the last few days and today I tested theory - DNF probably occurs as probable portal timeout. This is when time for stage is sent to Racenet on completion of each stage but the server connection or portal hardware may be the issue where it times out before the game concludes the stage or receives conflict coding and results in the game crashing. This is a  pretty serious issue because it blocks game content from being played. To explain; I crashed the Monthly Event and it DNF'd on the 1st stage as I predicted. The end result is that all the stages are DNF in that event, even as I only completed the 1st section here the game crashed.  

Hence why I notified Microsoft and lodged an enquiry, under Microsoft Xbox Live Agreement.

Conclusion - reporting this to Microsoft early and explaining what is happening specifically guarantees full reimbursement of pre-order if this issue is not fully resolved because I have paid to play all the content of the game within the rules of the game but it has a flaw by which prevents me from accessing game content locked out through this DNF bug. It also penalises my advancement in experience and nulls any Event Prize Money that has caused this flaw to be repeatable  in all content within the Community Events Portal.

Maybe one fix below.

This warning goes out to everyone. Do not link Racenet to your game until they fix this problem. All Community Events are affected by this bug. It doesn't matter how many stages you complete because if the game crashes it DNF's your final result and you cannot complete any further stages in that event and your total time is accumulative of all the stages. A DNF  at any stage of an event currently removes you from the event and posts you as incomplete with no reward.
Link to post
Share on other sites
ArranolAU said:
DNF Portal Bug. Reported to support@codemasters on 15.06.17, reported to Xbox Live Technical 15.06.17.

 Game content unplayable due to penalty DNF Bug Crash  results in blocking all sections of unplayed game content in an event where you finished the 1st Stage.

The first situation on 10.06.17 in a single section where DNF crash occurred and the end of the section posted time 5:36:03 but whilst waiting for that time transition the game froze and after approximately 1 minute the Xbox Console reverts to Player Dashboard  (Xbox doesn't crash). I  then reload 'Play' Dirt 4 game. I return to 'Community Events'. In the Event that crashed, in the bottom of window on Left instead of stage time it says DNF. I click on this event and it does not allow further activity. 

I have tested this  5 out of  5 time since then.

In the last few days and today I tested theory - DNF probably occurs as probable portal timeout. This is when time for stage is sent to Racenet on completion of each stage but the server connection or portal hardware may be the issue where it times out before the game concludes the stage or receives conflict coding and results in the game crashing. This is a  pretty serious issue because it blocks game content from being played. To explain; I crashed the Monthly Event and it DNF'd on the 1st stage as I predicted. The end result is that all the stages are DNF in that event, even as I only completed the 1st section here the game crashed.  

Hence why I notified Microsoft and lodged an enquiry, under Microsoft Xbox Live Agreement.

Conclusion - reporting this to Microsoft early and explaining what is happening specifically guarantees full reimbursement of pre-order if this issue is not fully resolved because I have paid to play all the content of the game within the rules of the game but it has a flaw by which prevents me from accessing game content locked out through this DNF bug. It also penalises my advancement in experience and nulls any Event Prize Money that has caused this flaw to be repeatable  in all content within the Community Events Portal.

Maybe one fix below.

This warning goes out to everyone. Do not link Racenet to your game until they fix this problem. All Community Events are affected by this bug. It doesn't matter how many stages you complete because if the game crashes it DNF's your final result and you cannot complete any further stages in that event and your total time is accumulative of all the stages. A DNF  at any stage of an event currently removes you from the event and posts you as incomplete with no reward.
This is how it works.

You're supposed to finish every stage. If you DNF you can't proceed further in that event so you won't be allowed to run next stages.

There's a bug with Quitting the Event though - ATM you have to complete it in one straight gameplay. If you quit from Service Area you will also be DNF.


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hello my name is Asael and I live in Mexico and my problem with dirt rally is that the instructions of the copilot (voice) were turned off and I went to options, in sound and it is activated and the comments are 100% and still could not hear anything , Does not give me indications, if the visual indications appear on the curve that comes either right or left, closed or open, but the voice was deactivated and I can not find a way to re-activate it
And my other problem is that in the settings where it says vibration and response I have it activated but it will not let me modify any of the other options it is left blank like I can not select them

Please if someone can help, I would appreciate it, send an email to bsjbeobufbnp@hotmail.com
Switch 5.1 surround sound off in your Xbox settings.  Set it to stereo and all will be good!
Link to post
Share on other sites
Three times now my  DIRT 4 game has crashed playing a single Multi stage COMMUNITY EVENT for RACENET, most recently the WEEKLY CHALLENGE, leaving me with a DNF status even though I completed the event in every case and the game crashed at the end of the event when I selected continue.  I believe this failure is the game trying to add my times to its leaderboards.  Very frustrating, especially given the time and credits lost for a game bug.

In addition I have had 2 more crashes when simply viewing the leaderboard at the end of the event, also resulting in a DNF when I have completed the events.
Link to post
Share on other sites
DIRT 4
I've had the game crash on me a few times when trying to load up Dirt 4's daily leaderboards shortly after finishing the race. Which in return puts me down as a  DNF, even though I did finish.

I've noticed a bit of stuttering on stages in Wales when I'm really gunning it through forest sections. That's probably out of your hands though.
Link to post
Share on other sites
I am unable to add ANY stages to my "Your Stage Hub."  I've tried multiple times over the last few days using Mozilla and Chrome.  My racenet account is linked to my GT on xbox one.  I cannot add any from "Trending" or "All Time Greats" and have nothing listed at all under "Staff Picks."  I've searched the forums, main web page, and the subreddit and I can't find any detailed instructions of steps required to make this work.  Is anyone else having success or similar issues? 

Each attempt to add a stage returns an error that reads: Error adding stage to 'My Stages'

This sounds like a great feature, I just hope I can use it soon!
Link to post
Share on other sites
breyzipp said:
I had three times the other night that RX event said something like joker disqualified you have to do it next lap, while doing it - and then when I do it next lap voice said you already did this, you don't have to do it again.

At one time not even seing that joker lap were a problem, no remark, voice said reminder to do it next lap and when I do it says I already did it and don't have to do it again..

It happend i London and Norway, if that matter.
I did as instructed, so not sure if it would show up with penalty time on leader board - the disqualified thingy.

So seems one part of game does not know what other status is.
And it was Custom event RX if that matters. Everything default two laps.

Some other strange things with fastest speed in game hub for Dirt Rally, said 45.77 something - don't know what that was. Stats otherwise said 163 km/h.

And Hot coffee, assigning perk to mechanic - was accomplished by 11.4% of community - and I did just starting doing the game the other day. Wonder if that stats is right. I was logged in at racenet, I believe, but no online stuff since no Gold membership.
Lol this is funny as that same bug is also in Dirt 4. Check my post in this forum.
Only confirms my suspicions, CM are not interested in Xbox problems. It's all PC that gets updates.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Dirt 4 crashed on me at the end of stage 4 of the monthly event giving me a DNF. The whole game froze when the screen was saying updating leaderboard. The game then crashed to the Xbox live dashboard, I restarted the game to continue the monthly challenge and it said I had DNFed even though the game crashed out after I had completed the stage. I'm pretty unhappy about this as I was looking forward to finishing the event.
Link to post
Share on other sites
I am having an issue with your DiRT4 game not registering my G920 as a steering unit or pedals almost every time I start the game after I start Xbox. If I have been playing other games all day it is fine but if DiRT4 is the first thing loaded for the day which it usually is it breaks, it cost me 6 minutes nearly in the new monthly community challenge as I had to use my controller and CANT DRIVE WITH THAT CRAP.

always the only way I can get your game to register my wheel is to open forza Motorsport 6 open the main menu then quit the game and re load dirt 4 SERIOUSLY? I have to use another game to make yours work not cool guys please look into this I have provided everything I know about it not working even I feel I restart XBOX it still stops working and I have to re open Forza to make it work in DiRT4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Codemasters Staff
I am having an issue with your DiRT4 game not registering my G920 as a steering unit or pedals almost every time I start the game after I start Xbox. If I have been playing other games all day it is fine but if DiRT4 is the first thing loaded for the day which it usually is it breaks, it cost me 6 minutes nearly in the new monthly community challenge as I had to use my controller and CANT DRIVE WITH THAT CRAP.

always the only way I can get your game to register my wheel is to open forza Motorsport 6 open the main menu then quit the game and re load dirt 4 SERIOUSLY? I have to use another game to make yours work not cool guys please look into this I have provided everything I know about it not working even I feel I restart XBOX it still stops working and I have to re open Forza to make it work in DiRT4
When you reach the title screen, are you pressing A on the G920?  When you start the console up, do you assign the wheel to your profile?
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
New
Xbox 1, Call of Duty, Star Wars, Battlefield all work fine. Dirt 4 installs, updates, then is frozen after it loads and says to press A. Brand new Dirt4. What gives? uninstalled and installed, dame thing. New disc is clean, not scratched, it's new right out of the plastic. I want my $60 money back!
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Codemasters Staff
cimmerin said:
New
Xbox 1, Call of Duty, Star Wars, Battlefield all work fine. Dirt 4 installs, updates, then is frozen after it loads and says to press A. Brand new Dirt4. What gives? uninstalled and installed, dame thing. New disc is clean, not scratched, it's new right out of the plastic. I want my $60 money back!
Do you only have one profile signed in?  Are there any extra controllers plugged in?
Link to post
Share on other sites
CMMcBabe said:
cimmerin said:
New
Xbox 1, Call of Duty, Star Wars, Battlefield all work fine. Dirt 4 installs, updates, then is frozen after it loads and says to press A. Brand new Dirt4. What gives? uninstalled and installed, dame thing. New disc is clean, not scratched, it's new right out of the plastic. I want my $60 money back!
Do you only have one profile signed in?  Are there any extra controllers plugged in?
Two profiles signed in, two controllers. Tried one controller as well. It gets to the screen where there is the Ford black and white car with music and it pans around it on an endless loop. 
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
For the singleplayer career I can not see the difference between a bronze and a gold medal.  Even when I move straight in front of my TV and look at it, I honestly can't tell the difference.  Could you guys please make bronze a bit darker and gold a bit lighter?

For the record, I'm not colorblind or anything, it's just that the current colors are so close together I don't see the difference.

Thanks in advance!
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi!
In single player, rallycross on Hell, the copilot always says "you miss the joker entrance, judge will not take in count".
And at the second lap, he says "take the joker again".
But it's false, the first joker was good and if I take the joker a second time, he's angry and says "why did you take it twice ???"
So .. Can you fix this? I'm playing in french (french voice). I don't know if the bug is also in english, but it's soooo annoying. It's not just sometimes, it's always ...
Link to post
Share on other sites
When Racenet is down the game fails to upload results.  I can understand there is a time-out mesage (which is a LONG waiting time) after the first attempt.  But all the other attempts?  Why does the game have to try to upload to Racenet (when its not working) every....single....time....  I've just been doing the Crosskart rallycross part of career mode which are always short races (semi's and finals) and this Racenet time-out message after each of these races is friggin annoying as hell.  Please check it once per day or at starting up the game, and if Racenet is down then don't annoy me with this anymore during my playing session.
Link to post
Share on other sites
I can't connect to the community events and online. I think racenet is down?
When will this be restored? I'm having same issues as @breyzipp where is takes ages trying to upload race results in singleplayer. 
Also when will then Up and Up achievement be patched? It didn't unlock when I got promoted and it doesn't add up the points correctly.  I received 3 points but it only added 2 to my total as an example. 
Link to post
Share on other sites
I race in the dashboard camera (closest to window view) with interior camera's locked.  Every time I reset a stage the camera switches to the helmet camera.  Should not be affected by using a reset IMO.

That's on a vanilla XBox One.
Link to post
Share on other sites
On DiRT RALLY, i can't see the leagues, even the internet page doesn't work (Microsoft edge), and the national flag doesn't apper in the  leaderboards. looks like a problem for every new player on this game.
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I recently bought Dirt 4 because it was on sale and when I started playing it, it is something like this. I don't know what is wrong with it. Is it happening only to my Xbox one or others also have the same problem. Here is the picture of what I am talking about. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
 
http://i63.tinypic.com/mmd20j.jpg
http://i63.tinypic.com/2cz95hl.png
Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...