Sign in to follow this  

PS4 issues - please report here

Question

Hey all,

For any PS4-related DiRT Rally queries, please share your bugs, concerns and issues in this thread.

Thanks,
Christina

Me thinks a big old patch is imminent, hope so anyway. I want to be able to play Rallycross in career mode eventually. 

G29 wheel lights not working. Also could you make all buttons mapable, could make big round one the handbrake.  

I am finding it so hard using g29 on ps4 feels as so I am going to the gym for a workout. Any help guys

rory1981 said:
I am finding it so hard using g29 on ps4 feels as so I am going to the gym for a workout. Any help guys

You can always turn the settings down? You are in a very small club if you have too much ffb on the ps4  :)

I have my th8a shifter connected via usb and set as the handbrake, but every time I restart the game I have to reset the shifter for the handbrake. When you go into the controls it still shows the handbrake set as gear stick down but it does not work until I reset it.
I have the same problem.

if I connect the th8a via din into the wheel the game recognises the shifter (in seq mode) as L1 & R1 which means I can't also use the paddles for changing gear.

i switched to use connection and the th8a is recognised as a separate device (gear stick up/down) and I can map the control no problem.

however, each time I start a rally it keeps telling me to hold the handbrake. I have to go in to the controller options and remap each time to get it working.

also, the FFB is very weak as some other have pointed out.

Hi,

The leaderboards appear to be broken on PS4. My friends times are usually blank even though I know they've done the daily events. Also the overall standings list is blank until you scroll up or down a bit and then it starts to populate. And the 'Find Me' button doesn't work either. Apart from that great game. :)

It does not keep in memory the sequential change settings using th8a shifter ( sequential ) and T500RS

I've found the same issues with the TH8A shifter & another fault I've come accross is it doesn't save all the car settings, the suspension is always way out but the diff settings save ok

GarruPL said:
Problem with force feedback when turning in rallycross (logitech g29)
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/40623/ps4-logitech-g29-force-feedback-problem#latest
Also appends with the T150 wheel on PS4. Very annoying, unplayable for me in rallycross ... In other modes, the FFB is very good tough... So wierd, please help!

CMMcBabe said:
Also pixelized or bad shadows in Sweden stages
Which camera are you in?
You reply to this post? How about a comment on the FFB issues people are having! 

On the topic of FFB,

until last sat night if only driven the mini which is fwd and I felt the FFB was pretty good. Today I bought the alpine which is rwd and the FFB is very poor. Collisions and some bumps are there but no feel for grip/weight transfer.

i decided to try an awd car and it had better feel so from my experience at least it seems like the rwd cars are where the FFB has problems.

quick correction to my previous post on the th8a resetting each rally, it only each time I start the game.

FFB on tarmac is numb & on rallycross yesterday the screen kept flickering & a jolt happened through my wheel at the same time. I also have issues with the menu popping up when I turn right. If I close the game & restart it seems to disappear 

Hey all,

please share your bugs, concerns and issues in this thread.
Hi! Greetings from Barcelona,

What an awesome game u have created guys. Thanks so much. Made me back to the sensations I had playing your first ColinMcRae years ago when I was a kid.

Unfortunately it isn't free of issues. Here are some by the time I played it

-in RX events both online and offline usually a rear wing spawns on some other cars front bumper. Can be seen through the rear mirror too. At first I thought it was front bumper damage, but its not. Its a rear wing LOL

-in RX online events, when in the timetable at the end of each event, if the times are very close both players start to glitch positions until the next event starts. Its very annoying and u cannot see your time properly.

-in RX online events, while in loading screens (not the black ones) before and after a race, a random white line appears over everything 3/4 of the screen, hiding you some info. It holds until the event starts.

-in online events, daily or not, the time tables at the end has to be reset by using the Dpad up&down. Otherwise it wont show any time. 

-u cannot access the leaderboards of the online bet events in the game like in other online events pressing square.

@bout dirtgame.com both web and mobile:

-PS4 section in my profile doest remain as default. It returns to steam ones, where I cannot see my leaderboards.

-there's no link to the forums apart from that banner on the Homepage. Would be nice to be more in touch with the community.

-you made the game with all its menus, texts and note voices in Spanish, but why both forums and website are only available in English?

Here is some last question about car liveries in game, which I like but... Why I saw official trailers showing liveries that arent available in PS4? Are u planning to bring them to us or are PC/moding community exclusive? 

Thanks again for ur time and for creating this awesome rally game. 60fps feels great! 

WTF Mann bezahlt 70 Euro für ein Spiel war ein Mann Aufrufe seit dem 5.4.16 jeden Tag Spiel macht es vorhin An und es steht das der Spielstand kaputt ist das hatte ich noch nie Warum ausgerechnet bei EUREM Spiel? Ich werde sicher nicht neu anfangen und Auch keine Dlc s für kaufen stinken sauer bin ich .... ausser ihr bekommt das repariert und es Gibt ne Entschädigung Mfg Patrick 

While playing last night on a custom rally stage everything was running well, but then all of a sudden after I finished a stage the music slowed away down and the replay in the background behind the standings slowed to a crawl. I saved and exited back to the menu and went into another stage and again after the stage end everything slowed right down and I thought the whole game was going to lock up. I tried a few more stages and every time after the finish same thing happened. I quit the game entirely and restarted and everything was back to normal, no slowdown, no nothing. 

Im not sure what was going on but I think it's something that needs looking at.

What a great job done with Dirt PS4 ! But why the game can't recognise third party hard ware such as my handbrake. Seems that the game only operate with PS4 remote only ! My handbrake is recognised by the PS4 as a mouse or a keyboard and works well with PCars for ex !

next release I do hope !

fl0wf1r3 said:
will there be an update for the ps4 soon? 1.1? or did I miss it?
I reached out to CM tech support earlier this week re: an update for the T300RS FB problem. They gave me a stock answer suggesting I ensure I wasn't also using a dualshock controller. They also recommended checking TM for a firmware update.
If they are working this issue, they are keeping quiet about it.

the shadow on track in cockpit view and dashbord view are very ugly on ps4 and i think on pc too please fix that.

Replay freeze since a couple of weeks, no matter what car or track. When trying to launch it the background music goes in some kind of ralenty mode and nothing happen. Changing camera view show at some point just 1/2 car, no movements. Downloaded game version of dirt rally. Has worked fine since a couple of weeks ago