Sign in to follow this  

PS4 issues - please report here

Question

Hey all,

For any PS4-related DiRT Rally queries, please share your bugs, concerns and issues in this thread.

Thanks,
Christina

I have a Logitech G29 wheel and pedals on a PS4. It was working with Dirt Rally. I added a new shifter (with the power off), plugged everything in and now it doesn't work with Dirt Rally. I tried disconnecting the shifter (with power unplugged), plugged it all in and it still doesn't work. What is odd that with the same PS4, same wheel and same shifter, everything works find in DriveClub. It only fails in Dirt Rally. As soon as the splash screen in the game goes, the wheel suddenly disconnects. If I plug the USB for the wheel the game starts, you can see it initialize correctly and has force feedback. As soon as you hit the PS button to activate it in the game, the force feedback stops and the controls no longer work (except the gamepad portion). Any ideas?

G29 on PS4 problem:

Starting the game after a complete PS4 power off, the G29 is loose in the menus and in the game. FFB is there, but because the wheel is so loose the steering is really twitchy.  The wheel is loose during calibration and will NOT self centre.
But...
Continuing the game after bringing the PS4 out of "Rest Mode", the wheel is heavy at all times. During calibration the wheel WILL self centre. The wheel is then TOO heavy during the game and turning down the FFB does nothing to lighten it up.

thanks. 

I started a game today but its said that save file is damaged. all my progress is gone. ( i shutted down ps4 in right way before )
is it possible to have my progress back.  i have my account yaricks/ yarick_s in racenet. at least kp..

Just bought dirt rally and the vr DLC as separate items. However the game isn't playing in VR, it's just the flat screen version. I Bought and installed the DLC before the main game, could this be the problem? Have deleted and reinstalled twice but no difference. 

Hi, I bought the VR DLC because I already owned the main game. I cant find a way to install the DLC, it wont download.

inside the game, when I chose Playstation VR it asks me to buy it.

https://n81i.imgup.net/IMG_2421b3fe.JPG
https://x27i.imgup.net/IMG_2422c221.JPG
https://l81i.imgup.net/IMG_2423dbca.JPG
https://e00i.imgup.net/IMG_2424d9ab.JPG
https://m20i.imgup.net/IMG_2425c469.JPG

So how do I install it?

Never had an issue since last update for VR. I dont'use the vr and i have a normal ps4 (not pro). After the last update, especially in Monaco (valle descendee) there is now a HUGE problem of tearing that makes almost unplayable without headache the game. Before the last update the game was perfect, please correct! Oh, and i have a Logitech g29, another problem of this update is that when i use the Logitech pred. profile in controls, the saturation of the wheel drops down at 20% so i have to manually correct it, in the previous version never had this problem.

I have a normal PS4, the Thrustmaster T500RS and a Thrustmaster TH8A shifter. It all worked perfect together since the automatic update V1.04 today. After starting the game, at the starting screen I normaly pushed the X on the wheel to continue. But now there is no reaction . The self calibration works,  so the wheel seemed to be recognized. After this "VR-Update" I can no longer play the game. Any other players with this issue?

Lucana89 - there has always been a problem with screen tearing on that stage with my PS4, even with my PS4 pro it's always done it. 

MarcoFiranelli - I have the T500RS and could always start the game with either the X or the options button, I've not had chance to try see if the X has stopped working on mine since the update but the options button should still work I would have thought?

Madwak - Nope, i have a backup without update and no or limited tearing. Just tried now, so this update has a problem

I talked to someone at Codemasters and found out why my DLC was not working.

It seems that the digital version of  Dirt Rally that I bought on PS Store Brasil is not compatible with PS VR DLC. It is exactly the same game, but they won't unlock the installation of the DLC on it for some reason.

I will try to get a refund on the DLC with Sony.

Did you activate the VR mode after you started the game? I think we have to do every time. But somehow it seems to be buggy, even with an assign button for resetting the camera it did not work in RX. I was driving with the cam outside the car. The button was just ignored in my Fanatec wheel. In the VW Polo it worked. Than I got motion sickness again hehe grrr

Is someone using a fanatec wheel? I didn't play dirt rally for two months now but somehow the ffb feels totally odd now. also as a steering angle is weird. The wheel is set to automatic and I calibrated the wheel in dirt rally as well. but the wheel feels totally sensitive. I've checked it but there's no new firmw areavailable for Fanatec CSW V2. am I doing something wrong?

I have a normal PS4, the Thrustmaster T500RS and a Thrustmaster TH8A shifter. It all worked perfect together since the automatic update V1.04 today. After starting the game, at the starting screen I normaly pushed the X on the wheel to continue. But now there is no reaction . The self calibration works,  so the wheel seemed to be recognized. After this "VR-Update" I can no longer play the game. Any other players with this issue?
Yes, i have the same issue can`t play it t500 no more. Ps4 Pro.

my Fanatec wheel is fine now, no clue hat happened. I loaded the wheel preset several times and calibrated the wheel. Now it feels perfect. f... immersive now :) only motion is missing

I purchased the Dirt Rally PSVR disk today with the VR download code, I've entered the code and it say 'Purchased' but I can't download the content and it hasn't auto downloaded as nothing has appeared in game...

What am I missing ?? 

Ok ignore me, it was still downloading...

Only thing I would add is I don't remember having this problem in the past when purchasing dlc with other games. Not sure if they kept me up to date with the status of the download somehow but the process here just left me a little lost... just thinking out loud.

On PSVR I can't activate the controller for the co-driver instructions-game. It doesn't react to the controller at all, so when pressing "options" on the controller (and on my steering wheel) nothing happens. Also turning off/on the controller doesn't help. Must the controller be attached by cable to the PS4? I mean this isn't possible as one USB is for the steering wheel, the other for VR and the PS4 just has 2 USB devices.

Using a PS4 pro and a G29 Steering wheel. (Btw. not all knobs of the G29 are recognized, but this is a different issue ;))

EDIT: ah ok, the controller must be assigned as another user / guest. Would be cool to have this information before

I see this has happened to a few others.  Ps4 with t500rs.  The new update has broken wheel support, and no one seems to be responding in regards to this.

Maybe this will help  ;)
https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/5uflwx/dirt_rally_we_need_to_talk_about_thrustmaster/

@Vajukki, the link you suggested has one working solution for me, but it is very tricky and it seems you have to do it every time you start the game. This is not very comfort. 
Today I found an other solution to get the T500RS and the shifter working again. Before starting the game with the PS4 controller make shure that the shifter is NOT plugged in, either direct to PS4 or hub. Then start the game. At the following starting screen you can now push the X on the wheel to move on (like before the VR update). When everything is loaded plug in the shifter (in my case a powered hub). Then you can configure all settings. Everything works fine again. The next time you start the game do everything I wrote above and the settings in the game will be saved and you can straight go on playing.

Bibamann said:
On PSVR I can't activate the controller for the co-driver instructions-game. It doesn't react to the controller at all, so when pressing "options" on the controller (and on my steering wheel) nothing happens. Also turning off/on the controller doesn't help. Must the controller be attached by cable to the PS4? I mean this isn't possible as one USB is for the steering wheel, the other for VR and the PS4 just has 2 USB devices.

Using a PS4 pro and a G29 Steering wheel. (Btw. not all knobs of the G29 are recognized, but this is a different issue ;))

EDIT: ah ok, the controller must be assigned as another user / guest. Would be cool to have this information before
Actually a PS4 pro has 3 USB, there is one at the rear

I purchased the vr version of the game yesterday eagerly installed  it right away ,my problem is that I've used my old psn account I had to put a code in ps store download the vr file the code came in the game box I purchased..how can I delete the game so it becomes deactivated on my old psn account so I can  reuse the code again on the account I want it on,is it a case of just deleting the game from my ps4? I doubt it'll be that easy any help greatly appreciated as I don't want to be driving around called cod god