Sign in to follow this  

PS4 issues - please report here

Question

Hey all,

For any PS4-related DiRT Rally queries, please share your bugs, concerns and issues in this thread.

Thanks,
Christina

paulcm77 said:
I purchased the vr version of the game yesterday eagerly installed  it right away ,my problem is that I've used my old psn account I had to put a code in ps store download the vr file the code came in the game box I purchased..how can I delete the game so it becomes deactivated on my old psn account so I can  reuse the code again on the account I want it on,is it a case of just deleting the game from my ps4? I doubt it'll be that easy any help greatly appreciated as I don't want to be driving around called cod god
Once its on an account, thats it. It can't be moved across.

Hi there!
I don't know if this is an issue…
Does anyone here know how to set up Dirt Rally on PS4 so I can full throttle when the car is drifting? I've disabled the traction control but some times I can full throttle and some times don't…
Is there any way to set it up properly?
Thanks in advance.
Best regards

Hi there!
I don't know if this is an issue…
Does anyone here know how to set up Dirt Rally on PS4 so I can full throttle when the car is drifting? I've disabled the traction control but some times I can full throttle and some times don't…
Is there any way to set it up properly?
Thanks in advance.
Best regards
Try to lock the differentials in the advanced car set-up. If the differentials (especially in the rear) are fully or relatively open, one wheel (the wheel on the inside of the turn, with the least amount of contact with the ground) will receive all or most of the power from the engine. If the rear differential is locked, both rear wheels will receive the same amount of power.

Since changing from PS4 to PS4 Pro, R2 to change the camera isn't working on my G29. The button shows as working when you click it during other menu screens, but won't work in-game. I have tried selecting 'Logitech' as default setting but this didn't help either. R2 is displayed as the camera button, though I note I can't edit it. I am playing in VR mode.

Have you changed the setting in the vr menu to allow exterior cameras? This might be why your r2 button isn't working?

Thanks for the thought, yes exterior cams are allowed. I can't work it out, the R2 button is active, but not in the game. It's fine in normal mode but not in VR mode.

That's very odd, I had the same  problem with my t500 until I noticed in the VR settings menu that there was another box to tick to allow exterior camera views not just the normal one in the game and it fixed mine. Gotta say though it's a very strange experience driving the car with your head stuck out of the bonnet (hood).

Madwak I'm going to try this again... what you say makes sense but I remember seeing this setting and checking it. However perhaps I've made an error - will find out later. It's just so I can use the view where you see the top of the virtual wheel rather than the whole dashboard sometimes.

Hey Madwak, sure enough, you were right! 

I had another look, it took me ages to find the right menu option, but sure enough there it was. I'm not sure how I got confused last time, I'm sure it was under a different menu title....clearly I drink too much wine..

In any case the view I thought I could get isn't as I thought so all a waste o' time anyway!! (And unnecessary, default VR view is perfect).

Cheers again!

Glad to hear you found it, you do realise that if you you program some of your pad buttons to adjust your seat forward etc you can almost get the view you were after?

I seem to have a lot of framerate issues on the long Col de Turini uphill stage under clear weather with the 205 group b (haven't tested other conditions nor cars). I wonder if this is a known issue?

I have 2 x  t500rs and th8a cockpit setups, i have not played dirt rally for a little and decided to play last night with a mate, dirt rally updated to v1.1 and when entering game wheel spins left then right, it then asks me to press options button and when i do nothing happens wtf,  I purchased 2 disc to play on both setups and they are now useless, i have read the forum and there has been a little bit of trouble but i have read it is fixed with the patch that was released. Is there something i need to do, yes the wheels are fine as they work as they should in project cars, any help appreciated.  

xcoopsx said:

I have 2 x  t500rs and th8a cockpit setups, i have not played dirt rally for a little and decided to play last night with a mate, dirt rally updated to v1.1 and when entering game wheel spins left then right, it then asks me to press options button and when i do nothing happens ****,  I purchased 2 disc to play on both setups and they are now useless, i have read the forum and there has been a little bit of trouble but i have read it is fixed with the patch that was released. Is there something i need to do, yes the wheels are fine as they work as they should in project cars, any help appreciated.  

sorry i should have stipulated ps4

Some people did appear to have problems with the t500 but mine never stopped working and is still currently working. Have you tried unplugging the t500 from the PS4 and trying a different USB socket? are you by any chance using a USB hub? 

madwak said:

Some people did appear to have problems with the t500 but mine never stopped working and is still currently working. Have you tried unplugging the t500 from the PS4 and trying a different USB socket? are you by any chance using a USB hub? 

I have unplugged it and swapped it to another port with no luck, i am using a usb hub that piggy backs on the front and have always had it, it works fine with other games and was working with dirt rally until the update.

Hmmm I've got one of those hubs, I'll give it a try later and see if mine causes any problems as I've not used it since I stopped using my gearstick.

Right I've had chance to try my hub (the type that plugs in the front and looks the same as the PS4) everything worked ok. I then did some hot swapping of the steering wheel USB plug and it worked in every socket apart from the one marked charging (2nd from the left). I then left the plug in this socket and restarted the PS4 and found that I was having the same problem that you are experiencing, I could even hot swap to the other sockets and the wheel would do it's twirly thing but not start the game. To cure this I had to turn off the PS4 and move the USB plug into any socket except the charging one and then restart the PS4, everything then worked fine.
I don't know if you've ever noticed that when you turn on the PS4 with everything connected the wheel should do it's twirly thing before you before you even open Dirt Rally and then do it again when you select the game?
I still suspect it's the hub causing you problems and may just be as simple as making sure that you only plug the pad into the USB charging socket and not the wheel or gear shifter before starting the PS4?
hope this helps?

cheers i will try when i get home and i hope this works, sony dropped the ball on the amount of usb outlets.
Thanks for you help will let you know.

Thanks for your help, I unplugged the hub and just plugged the wheel in, it worked so it only seems to be a problem with the shifter plugged in at the same time, i will do some experimenting and report back thanks for help.

Don't post men, it's useless, there is 0 codemasters support team, they do not care about you

They only want to try fixing problems in dirt4 but they will NEVER fix problems in Dirt Rally !!!

The only way to punish it is to boycot Dirt 4 !

Just purchased Dirt VR bundle (download version) and the t550r doesn't appear to be recognised. It does the calibration thing upon loading the game but the only presets loadable under Controls are Dualshock or Vita and the wheel and pedals have absolutely no effect whatsoever. Any hints on how to set this up appreciated. I've tried switching USB ports (not using a hub), restarting, but no joy. Wheel works perfectly on DriveClub VR.

My t500 works ok with VR, when you change USB socket you need to turn the PS4 off and then back on again not just do a restart. When the PS4 powers on the wheel should calibrate and then when you start the game it should do it again?

Hi team,

PS4 player here.

1 bug and one possible bug.

1. I get a lot of noise on the image when I'm  driving in Monte or Sweden, especially when it's foggy. Any ideas / suggestions?

2. I can't seem to get my Focus 2007 to go fast enough. I'm having a trouble accelerating more than 110-130 KM/H and I have tried MANY different settings on differentials and gearbox. Even when driving on the limit, I'm usually 30-40 secs slower than the top time when I'm driving the Focus. With other cars, even when not on limit, I am just 10-20 secs slower than top time.

Please help :)

Thanks

really i don't know why codemaster didn't answer or help us to find solution , even i sent them an email and no body response , really shame .

i need to find a solution in order to play this game F1 2016 , I CANNOT join any session on PS4 , I did everything possible but nothing happened , i deleted the game two times and i initialized my console two times also , even i created a new user and still nothing happened  , when i'm trying , the always answer that received is '' faild to join '' or '' the session is not exist '' , this problem started one month before and really i'm so so frustrated because i was participating into many many leagues ,now unfortunately i'm out !! 

i think this problem started when i update my console to 4.55 version , maybe this is the reason ..

i received two times error code CE-34878-0 , and i did exactly what PS support asked me to do , even no solution .

any advice please .