Sign in to follow this  

PS4 issues - please report here

Question

Hey all,

For any PS4-related DiRT Rally queries, please share your bugs, concerns and issues in this thread.

Thanks,
Christina

If I use Remote Play with windows for DIrt Rally, I cannot get past the first screen 'Press the Options" button not matter how much I bash it. Buy when still on remote play and going back to the PS4 main menu, the options button works just fine. I can play games like final fantasy and rocket league just fine , with a working in game options button.

Help. :)

Please feel free to test my dilemma. I've don't everything I can think of.

After properly closed DiRT and PS4 then next day DiRT said to me that save file is corrupted! How to FIX save file? I have no working backup save file. This is really big stupid bug which drives you mad!!! I DONT WANT TO PLAY AGAIN WHOLE GAME!

Intermittently having this problem on ps4 using a thrustmaster T500RS with Dirt 4 on launch day. Please pardon the language on video :) https://www.twitch.tv/videos/149898155

Hi guys, i have ps4 and logitch g29, i can not use R1 and R2, did you guys try? because i have a home made hand brake connect to R2 that i used for dirt rally and it still works but on dirt 4 i cant change from O to R2. thank you

My T500RS seems to disconnect during every stage or race in any game mode.  I have updated my firmware and tried lowering the FFB, thinking it was too strong causing the wheel to disconnect.  That doesn't seem to work either.  Can't rally without FFB.

Have tested on other games and the wheel operates perfectly.   Those games were F1 2016, Dirt Rally, Project Cars, Asetto Corsa, and NASCAR Heat Evolution.

Hopefully a patch can fix the issue... really enjoying Dirt 4 but with the wheel disconnecting, it's throwing off my rythum.

My T500rs keeps getting disconnected while driving a stage in Dirt 4. Haven't managed to finish a stage without a problem, and sometimes the calibration of the pedals doesn't work because they don't go to 100%. Haven't encountered this problem in Dirt Rally or other racing games. Seems a couple of others are experiencing this as well.

RT87 said:
My T500rs keeps getting disconnected while driving a stage in Dirt 4. Haven't managed to finish a stage without a problem, and sometimes the calibration of the pedals doesn't work because they don't go to 100%. Haven't encountered this problem in Dirt Rally or other racing games. Seems a couple of others are experiencing this as well.
The T500RS is not on our supported peripheral list.  If you disable the force feedback the wheel will not disconnect.

Think the s*** may just hit the fan with that announcement, it was in a previous list of supported peripherals that I read somewhere otherwise I wouldn't have pre-ordered the game, *******s

It was on the PS4 list in this road book 
http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/05/dirt-4-road-book-190517/

CMMcBabe said:
RT87 said:
The T500RS is not on our supported peripheral list.  If you disable the force feedback the wheel will not disconnect.
 If the T500RS isn't supported then why does the game recognize it?  Even in the device management it says T500RS...

Crazy to see support for the PS4 fanatec wheel, which isn't available in the US. 

ps4! t500rs unplayable due to disconnecting! this should be an easy fix for you guys cmon lads, make this game available to everybody! besides that its great, but im a bit sad it didnt workout on my fav platform, had to buy it for the pc aswell:/

Really disappeared it is impossible to operate my fanatec csw v2 with dirt 4,
 I bought a game that I will not use, if there is not an update
help me 

PS4 and Logitech G29 WHeel. There is a problem with game. It will not recognize the L2 or R2 buttons in game. My handbrake is wired to L2 so this is a game breaker. Neither buttons are recognized in game. I started dirt rally and they are working correctly and fully programmable and recognized, so it is a Dirt 4 issue. Please address this soon so  I can play the game. Thank you

CMMcBabe said:
RT87 said:

No way. It is on the pc list. And it even was in the ps4 list. I do not buy a game to trow away my 500 dollar wheel to get a cheap crap one. With dirt rally it was about hardcore sim racing. Why than choose to let the best wheels out of support. And if it was not on the list why is the wheel including its name and settings implemented in the game on ps4? Leave the BS and be sure my wheel works on a 69 euro costing game. Had every part of dirt even had the older codemaster games like dtm and race driver grid. This is my first complain but a big one for me. Com on Always made a perfect rally game and now you gone a step back, thats sad for the community of dirt. And if i wanted to race without ffb i toolk a controller.

CMMcBabe said:
RT87 said:

Just did put of the ffb. Strang enough still keep ffb in the wheel and keeps disconnecting. So that solution did not work.

CMMcBabe said:
RT87 said:

Just did put of the ffb. Strang enough still keep ffb in the wheel and keeps disconnecting. So that solution did not work.
If you put the ffb off then you wouldn't get any feeling in the wheel at all?  Go into device management for the T500 within the game and set the first 2 ffb settings to 99 and all the others to zero, works for me and my T500 no longer disconnects and has decent ffb :smile:

CMMcBabe said:
RT87 said:
https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/t500rs-en/
EN - Your racing wheel is Force Feedback-capable on PlayStation®4 (*) with:
FR - Votre volant est Force Feedback sur PlayStation®4 (*) avec:
DE - Ihr Rennlenker ist auf der PlayStation®4 (*) Force-Feedback geeignet mit:

- ASSETTO CORSA
    - DiRT RALLY™
    - DiRT RALLY™ VR
    - DiRT® 4
    - DRIVECLUB™
    - DRIVECLUB™ VR
    - F1 2015
    - F1 2016
    - F1 2017
    - GRAN TURISMO® Sport
    - GRAVEL
    - Nascar Heat Evolution
    - Nascar Heat 2
    - PROJECT CARS
    - PROJECT CARS 2
    - SEBASTIEN LOEB RALLY EVO
    - THE CREW™
    - THE CREW™ WILD RUN
    - WRC 5
    - WRC 6
    - WRC 7
Ok can you explain this than? Or does thrustmaster lie to us with false information. I see dirt4 in there list?

T500 disconnecting issue temp fix is below.

Now lets hope codemasters reads this fix and does a patch for it soon, as I think the game feels alot better with the SOFT LOCK AND TYPE FRICTION on.

I have all the other FFB settings at 150, 
with both SOFT LOCK AND TYPE FRICTION at 0
 = T500 working. Happy days.

This fix came from RBRSideways.

Cheers
Shans

ShansGT said:
T500 disconnecting issue temp fix is below.

Now lets hope codemasters reads this fix and does a patch for it soon, as I think the game feels alot better with the SOFT LOCK AND TYPE FRICTION on.

I have all the other FFB settings at 150, 
with both SOFT LOCK AND TYPE FRICTION at 0
 = T500 working. Happy days.

This fix came from RBRSideways.

Cheers
Shans
Yes this fix works but with those soft lock and tyre friction turned off the car loses a lot of feel for understeer slip etc. just becomes a cheap arcade game. 
This needs a fix for T500rs owners so it feels like dirt 3 and Dirt Rally.
im off to drive project cars, at least it works.

Bought a lancer x from the garage, all equipment c except an e turbo.  When I go to upgrade it the game hard crashes to xmb.

Team Livery not applying to landrush truck. Works in branding area but not in championships

i have a problem with rain, there is no visual rain particles on my car 
And the this happens to me :neutral:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW2r2Q5D9o8&feature=youtu.be

GtAce36 said:
Bought a lancer x from the garage, all equipment c except an e turbo.  When I go to upgrade it the game hard crashes to xmb.
Could you copy your save off to a USB, upload that to somewhere like Dropbox and then send the email link for the file to dirtgame@codemasters.com please?