Sign in to follow this  

PS4 issues - please report here

Question

Hey all,

For any PS4-related DiRT Rally queries, please share your bugs, concerns and issues in this thread.

Thanks,
Christina

On DIRT 4 i cannot connect to multiplayer im playing on PS4 I tried uninstalling the game but it still wont let me connect to my friends and they can't even join me or i cant join them and i cannot connect with public lobbys please help!!! 

On DIRT 4 i cannot connect to multiplayer im playing on PS4 I tried uninstalling the game but it still wont let me connect to my friends and they can't even join me or i cant join them and i cannot connect with public lobbys please help!!! 
What happens when you try to connect?  What error messages are shown?  Are you all in the same handling style?

When i try to join a public session it says "Connection failed"  and yes im using simulation as my default handling style and i also switched it to gamer but still wont let me join any lobbys at all

I've been playing the Dirt 4 career mode for a few hours and when I try to play the 3rd event, stage 1/1 of the Euro Sealed Rally, the game hard locks my PS4 Pro at the loading screen until the PS4 Pro crashes and I have to unplug the power cable in order to turn it off.  I've reproduced this twice in a row, each time at the same spot.  This is a pretty serious issue as it's putting my PS4 Pro's hard drive at risk.

I have replaced my save data with last night's save data from the cloud, thinking maybe it was a corrupted file.  Nope, still hard locks my console at the exact same spot.  After yanking the power cable for the third time and restarting my console, I'm going to back up all of my save data to the cloud, delete Dirt 4, then redownload it to see if maybe it is a corrupted file in the game that might be fixed by a reinstall.

CMMcBabe said:
What happens when you try to connect?  What error messages are shown?  Are you all in the same handling style?
When i try to join a public session it says "Connection failed"  and yes im using simulation as my default handling style and i also switched it to gamer but still wont let me join any lobbys at all

Dirt on PS4 with G29, verry weak FFB. on Dirt Rally with same console and input device is a hole world of devirence...

I hope that they can fix the FFB problems very fast.

CMMcBabe said:
GtAce36 said:
Bought a lancer x from the garage, all equipment c except an e turbo.  When I go to upgrade it the game hard crashes to xmb.
Could you copy your save off to a USB, upload that to somewhere like Dropbox and then send the email link for the file to dirtgame@codemasters.com please?
I have the same issue with my Ford Fiesta R2. I bought it from dealership but didn't check the parts, but when I later did I noticed that all parts C except turbo that was E. Every time I try to upgrade turbo my game crash to xmb on my ps4 Pro.

I can upgrade all my other parts to B etc but everytime I try turbo it crashes when I try to hit select to scroll the available upgrades for turbo.

I bought a new one from dealership with all C mods and can upgrade that one without any problems.

PS4
T500RS

After a few minutes i get an automated pause and promt:
'STEERING DEVICE CHANGED'
'A wireless controller has become disconnected....'

And i lose the use of the throttle. Need to re boot and it does it again anyway.

Please help. Just bought this game after staring at it in the shop for 30minutes. Im not feeling rewarded 

I have The CSL elite ps4 version with club sport V2 pedals and the game wont recognize the pedals please help just want to play the game........

ADZA8580 said:
PS4
T500RS

After a few minutes i get an automated pause and promt:
'STEERING DEVICE CHANGED'
'A wireless controller has become disconnected....'

And i lose the use of the throttle. Need to re boot and it does it again anyway.

Please help. Just bought this game after staring at it in the shop for 30minutes. Im not feeling rewarded 

Found a temporary fix.

Turn Tyre Slip to Zero in wheel settings. 

The error hasnt come up since

Hello,
I'm having issues with the offline carrer mode.
Some enemys on specific stages are extremely hard fadt. Sometimes they are about 40 seconds faster than the world record on that track. There is absolutely no possibility in beating them. Has anyone experience with this sort of problem?

Dirt4 PS4

Hi all,
on the Logitech G29 you can't map the L2/R2 button. It's like they don't exist.
(btw. on Thustmaster T300 it's fine)
Please fix that

I would like to ask codemasters what steering wheel they use to test the games and how they set it. A serious company should include the standard setup of the wheels inside the game box, instead to put everything at 0 and FBB at 50%. Shame on you.

I'm not getting any vibration through my controller at all, even with everything maxed. Using a Nacon Revolution Pro, can confirm vibration works with other games.

Thanks!

Up and up trophy not popped even though i have been promoted up a tier in pro tour.  

I completed the 12 stages of a monthly event AND DIDN'T GET THE TROPHY FOR IT. I have screenshots to prove my completion. Looking at the trophy, it says 0.0 percent of players have it, meaning NOBODY ELSE got it either. 

I also didn't get the trophy for completion of 2 weekly events back to back but have no way of proving that one. 

(DiRT 4, PS4) 

I had a full garage but redeemed my day one code for the Hyundai and despite upgrading the garage it's still not showing up. Now have a 15 car garage and I've just won the Peugeot kit car and this isn't showing in the garage either.
Anyone had this or can Codemasters offer a fix?

HazyJ said:
I completed the 12 stages of a monthly event AND DIDN'T GET THE TROPHY FOR IT. I have screenshots to prove my completion. Looking at the trophy, it says 0.0 percent of players have it, meaning NOBODY ELSE got it either. 

I also didn't get the trophy for completion of 2 weekly events back to back but have no way of proving that one. 

(DiRT 4, PS4) 
The award check is on the reward screen, that will happen after Saturday when the current event has ended and the new one starts.

mja280275 said:
I had a full garage but redeemed my day one code for the Hyundai and despite upgrading the garage it's still not showing up. Now have a 15 car garage and I've just won the Peugeot kit car and this isn't showing in the garage either.
Anyone had this or can Codemasters offer a fix?
A: The Hyundai has to be purchased in game, it is not granted for free.  It can be found in the dealship in the R5 category.
B: Was it the car being rewarded or a livery?

PS4 G29 Wheel. Sim, All assists off. My gripes n niggles.

Spending hours in career mode n building a full strong team then going online multiplayer only to find all your staffs contracts have expired when you return to career. I do get mail to say a contract is expiring so I leave a great online battle to renew contracts only to find they've expired already. Sponsors contracts are still fine and the way I left them but staff have gone! I've lost 4 or 5 full and expensive teams so far.

Spending hours getting feedback and input settings just the way I like them then go online multiplayer and the cars all over the shop. Spend most of the championship tweaking the car whenever possible which just isn't enjoyable. I've turned soft lock off which helped a little but still a pain.

Not sure if the next 2 are Dirt 4 issues or something I'm not understanding.
I Set up an event in career. One or two stages, car feels pretty awful and floaty. Next stage without any adjustments It's off like a rocket and handling much better. ??
Audio. I use the Playstation gold headset and adjusting Effects, Engine, Speech and Surfaces makes no changes no matter how I adjust them. Cant get Push to talk to work either.

That's my gripes for now but loving the game. I'm sure Dirt 4 will evolve into one of the best rally games to date. B)       

So this happens to my a couple times today... While playing pro tour my car is just visually destroyed witch is pretty annoying since I can't see shit because of the hood standing up ..If I crash my car myself I don't care if I lose but losing because of this makes me mad....

While playing pro tour, when I have finished the stage the game freezes. This has happened twice and when you reboot the game, I'm deducted 7 points and my reputation is hit, for a total of -14 points so far. Can you fix this and my driver profile please? I would like to not lose match making abilities because of the game crashing. 

I entered the in-box code to get the Hyundai R5 day one bonus, and it still hasn't shown up. Where do I download that?