Jump to content Jump to content

[bug] Xbox One Controller for PC

DAT4BYT3

The Xbox one controller does not work on Dirt Rally PC as intended. The rumble feedback is week, regardless of advance settings increases, and bears little correlation to what is actually happening on screen. The feedback will often hang for up to a minute or more and disconnecting and reconnecting the controller fails to reset this. This continuous rumble will also persist in menus.

I'm on Windows 7 64 bit and have no problems with the controller in other games; Assetto Corsa's rumble works perfectly for example. This has been an issue from day one (day one early access purchaser here) and I had hoped it would be resolved when the console versions released, but it has not.

Anyone else with this issue please +1.

Hoping for a fix Codemasters.
I guess all Xbox one controllers on PC suffer from it yet not everyone complains or is aware it's out of order, from what I've read the 360 controller are fine. This exact issue was also present in Project Cars, what fixed it there was developers setting the Xinput rumble to update per frame tick instead of per FFB update call. 

I hope it gets fixed.
Yeah My 360 controller behaves perfectly, no problems, with the correct full feedback correlating to the on screen events with no hanging. I like  the One controller more now as the 360 triggers just feel too stiff after using it. I guess the only way to get the One controller experience is to buy on xbox - which is a bit of a kick in the nuts to be honest!
Same issue. Xbox One controller on Windows 7, force feedback gets stuck every few minutes and I have to quit the game/unplug the controller to fix it.  I'd love to hear a dev response concerning this issue, because it's pretty much impossible to play it on PC with a One controller.

Archived