Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wheel middle of screen

I play this game on the Xbox with a wheel and raceseat. But I have a bit of an anyoing problem, and I don't know if there is a solution for it. 

My problem is that the wheel of the car isn't centered in the middle of the screen. In most other games that I play (pcars /f1 2015) the wheel is ways in the center of the screen regardless if the car had steering wheel on left or right side of the car. 

In dirt rally I have to keep moving my seat to be alliagned with the steering wheel that's either slightly on the left or slightly on the right of the center, depending on the car. 

I can't be the only one to notice this? Is there a solution/option that I don't know of? 

No...  I am seriuos... If it is a stupid question, please explain it to me... 

As example.. If I drive the peogot 205 (hillclimb) the steering wheel is slightly to the left of the center (I mean of the screen, I get that left side is driver side)  But if I drive the mini, the wheel is Slightly centered to the right of my screen (it a car where driver is on the right side of the car) 

So if I want to sit straight in front of the wheel..i would have to move... 

Normal in pcars it doesn't matter if the driver side of the car is on the left or right side... The steering wheel is always in middle /center of the screen.  

Let me explain myself maybe a little better. If I play project cars... I can set my playseat/wheel  right on front of my TV. My wheel is always alligned with the logo of my TV. And in project cars, no matter what car I choose. My wheel is in the right place (if I remember correctly) 

With dirt rally, when I drive the mini, the wheel is in the right place... But if I choose the peugeot 205, my wheel isn't alligned with the wheel on screen (it isn't centered) so I have to move my seat a bit to the left. 

That's just how the cars are in real life.

The 208 in modern hillclimb is the only one with a centered steering wheel.

Yes, but I cause I can't make my point correctly :s.  Normally on most racing games, the wheel is in center of the screen and the rest of the car is 'made/build'  around the steering wheel. So a car that has the steering wheel on left side of the car has 'more' interior on the right half of the screen. And a car that has the wheel on the 'passenger seat' has more interior on the left half side of the screen... But the steering wheel is always in the center of the screen. With the Peugeot 204 I have a steering wheel on left side of the middle, and 3/4 of my screen is interior.... But for example, the steering wheel of the Alpine is again precisely lined op on the middel of the screen. 

And for me, in a racing game, it's important that I sit in the place where the driver would sit. And this is the only game where I have to move my seat a few inches when I want to sit in the correct place. Again, in project cars... Doesn't matter what car it is... In cockpit view the wheel is always in the middle of the screen. Haha that a lot of tekst... Tldr :) 

Aaaaah I get it now. Well, I don't know about that really because I haven't noticed it myself at all.
I know you can fiddle with xml camera files on the PC... but you're on Xbox. Guess you'll have to get used to it then, sorry.

Also, you play with a wheel, so maybe its an option for you to turn the ingame wheel off entirely so it doesn't bother you

@chukonu,i am glad somebody understands what I mean :) yes I think will turn the option 'show wheel' of... But than I would still be sitting  in the incorrect place(not exactly in drivers seat, without moving my physical seat). But you are right, it wouldnt be that obvious, or I just have to get used to it... Thanks for the reply 

No...  I am seriuos... If it is a stupid question, please explain it to me... 

As example.. If I drive the peogot 205 (hillclimb) the steering wheel is slightly to the left of the center (I mean of the screen, I get that left side is driver side)  But if I drive the mini, the wheel is Slightly centered to the right of my screen (it a car where driver is on the right side of the car) 

So if I want to sit straight in front of the wheel..i would have to move... 

Normal in pcars it doesn't matter if the driver side of the car is on the left or right side... The steering wheel is always in middle /center of the screen.  
Turn off the virtual wheel....solved