Jump to content Jump to content

steering is dodgy

How come while using the PS3 controller when you turn the cars loose all power? Why does it do this? I have turned all Kiddie assists off & it still does it.
Can this stupid addition be turned off?

Also trying to assign Manual gears to the L2 trigger doesn't work
 The R2 button can be assigned but the L2  button cannot. I have 4 controllers and we have tried to assign manual gears to the L2 & R2 triggers on all of them all & get the same problem with L2 each time.. 
The L1 & R1 buttons can be assigned as manual gears but I prefer the feel of the lower triggers...Your 5 minutes before release game testers must only use auto..

@Loore has said elsewhere there’s a patch incoming for the button mapping issue on PS3. I’m sure they don’t just test using auto, and they should have tested this. But to be fair, using the triggers for anything other than accelerate and brake is kind of a niche choice in any semi-serious racing game...

How come while using the PS3 controller when you turn the cars loose all power? Why does it do this? I have turned all Kiddie assists off & it still does it.
Can this stupid addition be turned off?

I think that is more a "simulator kind" thing; in grid 2 corners were drifting party and the car doesn´t lose any grip or power, but now i feel that in like in real life if you turn and drift the car is going to lose grip and consequently power, especially using automatic gears. I was surprised at the begginig but now drift is more "penalty" as a way to avoid some turns but with the inherent power and grip lose. Sorry for my english trying to explain this.

If assists are turn on, especially stability and traction control, the lost of power is greater; understeer or oversteer has its own consequences, in AS i use more brake and try to ride more "in the line" listen to the engine and, IMHO, more real, altought i still think that sometimes corners when i drft a bit are too much "penalty" in lost of power but is more or less what happens in real life with average cars or low powered. They balance the game in a new style.

Salute.