Sign in to follow this  

Grid Autosport career stories thread

well now the game is out most of us have our careers well and truly underway and some may have already finished career mode. I know this has been done on the old forums but I thought it might be a nice idea to have a thread where we can share our Grid Autosport career stories with others whether it be online career or offline.

So who's our first contributor :)

I started driving.  I was in 16th place.  I had to ram every corner in order to overtake the AI.  It was pretty much like this the entire career.  The end.

Just finished the  Grid Grand Slam competition. Didn't start well in the Street cars at Okutama finished 5th in that race also only managed 5th in race 1 of my touring car race at Brands Hatch was leading up until the penultimate lap ran wide on a corner and unfortunately dropped to 5th because of it. Made up for it in race 2 by winning. Then had an interesting Endurance race at Hockenheim where I started pole but finished second in the end racing and battling with Ravenwest all the way. These guys never give up for an instant. won all 4 of my open wheel races at COTA and the Autosport raceway as well as the 2 Touring car races at the Algarve circuit. Got 1-2's in both Tuner based events.

Then came the season finale and what a finale an Endurance race around Spa in reverse which left me thinking of what Anthony Davidson says about Eau rouge in the F1 games that I'm gonna hold my breath and try to hang on in there as it's a tricky corner especially in the dark especially as I'm coming down it rather than up which is the normal route. Had a couple of shunts in that area of the track mostly of my own making by pushing too hard. |Came out of the race finishing 3rd but winning the championship by about 50 points.

You wanna beat Nathan? , spin the fuc**er then he drops waay back lol :) I do and it gives me great satisfaction because he has grip and speed cheats on :)

RobertKNL said:
Just finished my first endurance race. I expected 40 minutes to be much more of a drag, but it was not too bad in the end. I must say that the influence of tyrewear is decent (I crossed the line with all tyres between 25-35% while a bit easier than normal) and the fact that the AI is also struggling with the tyres is pretty cool (update for F1 2013 maybe? :3). I'm excited for the next round in Algarve
yeah I liked the fact that the Endurance career starts in Abu Dhabi given we already know how torace that track at night thanks to the F1 games

I have to say that career mode is pretty boring it needs to be structured in another way...but Touring car discipline is really awesome!!!

Phil88TC said:
I have to say that career mode is pretty boring it needs to be structured in another way...but Touring car discipline is really awesome!!!
well I'm finding it pretty interesting personally