Sign in to follow this  

RaceNet challenges with purchased cars?

I own the Lancia Delta HF Integrale EVO 2 but I can't use it on this weeks Party Mode challenge. It only offers the loaner version. Am I missing something?

I dont really understand the party mode, but as far as the other challenges I purchased several of the cars and then used them, but it didnt seem to help me go faster.

I should focus on the endurance one, I'm very close to the platinum.

You can only use the load car for the party one. I also tried for a purchased car. It didn't work.

the AI's are wicked in this weeks party mode challenge. Have done it a couple of times now and the AI's really try to knock you off track. And it doesn't help that your car seems to weigh 45kg and the opponents 1000kg, atleast in the collision, where if you try to knock them out, you just bounce back loosing all traction and sense of direction. This weight difference doesn't show in acceleration and corner speeds. got to 10,5km and need another 400 meters for plat.

Ihave11'053m.Indeed the AI are aggressive to the point they will purposely mess up your time. You have to ride them in the inside if possible.

That GT40 Enduro need to be platinum, I'm missing like only 10 meters.

I got 11.124m with the Lancia and Im 3rd but there is a bug. The first two guys drove with the Jupiter Eagle 130.000m and 115.000m...

RaceNet Challenge always uses loan cars as this ensures there's no discrepancy in times across the leaderboards between those who own a car and those who don't.

...where if you try to knock them out, you just bounce back loosing all traction and sense of direction...
The moment you realize you are trying to revange-ram.. the AI.. that rage man, ive been there.

MrDeap said:

Ihave11'053m.Indeed the AI are aggressive to the point they will purposely mess up your time. You have to ride them in the inside if possible.

holy shitbucket. How did you do that. No matter how i drive i always end up around 10600. Can you make a video of it? Not that your pc needs it but you could just record the replay if it has an impact on your driving.

Loore said:
RaceNet Challenge always uses loan cars as this ensures there's no discrepancy in times across the leaderboards between those who own a car and those who don't.

Thanks for the answer @Loore‌. Much appreciated.

Loore said:
@Loore

Im guessin this statement only applies to the 'party mode' section of racenet challenge.

Is that right?

Loore said:
Is this intended to be the case for ALL racenet challenges? Because most of the challenges DO allow you to use an owned car. At least the ones last week did.

Goonertez said:
Loore said:
@Loore

Im guessin this statement only applies to the 'party mode' section of racenet challenge.

Is that right?
I used my own Chevrolet Sonic (Presteza-14) in the touring car challenge so I guess that it's just a Party Mode thing.

btw the AI are tough to budge because they all use wheels and they can countersteer. Pad players can't. Is a bit annoying. :P

Loore said:
I have purchased many cars from last week to this week and used my purchased vehicles in the RaceNet Challenges on ps3 version Loore.

Best way to do the Party mode challenge this week is hold back for the first corner and try and get a run through it to pass the pack. You can keep your speed and usually get the inside line into the next corner and end up in 2nd or 3rd place before the end of the lap. For passing the first place car move over on the front straight to get him to block then run around the outside. I was 5th in the global leaderboard and this is how I did it!

sucr4m said:

holy shitbucket. How did you do that. No matter how i drive i always end up around 10600. Can you make a video of it? Not that your pc needs it but you could just record the replay if it has an impact on your driving.

I messed up when I met the black car blocking my path. Normally you should be near the 1st position at the end of the last corner & steal the inside at that point. My lines are a bit off for the first 3 laps. You should drive like in my 4th laps during the whole race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKdu6JN7Lf0